• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Tauros
Life Orb
Sheer Force
Adamant/Jolly
4 HP/ 252 ATK/ 252 SPD
Poison Jab
Rock Slide
Zen Headbutt
Stomp/Iron Head

(You will need to bring Iron Head over from B2W2). This is pretty much a standart attacking set, but you could use a choice band instead of a life orb if your not fussy about locking onto one move.
Thanks! :-D

How do you get Poison Jab on Tauros, though?

Tauros
Life Orb
Sheer Force
Adamant/Jolly
4 HP/ 252 ATK/ 252 SPD
Poison Jab
Rock Slide
Zen Headbutt
Stomp/Iron Head

(You will need to bring Iron Head over from B2W2). This is pretty much a standart attacking set, but you could use a choice band instead of a life orb if your not fussy about locking onto one move.
Thanks! :-D

How do you get Poison Jab on Tauros, though?

Oh sorry, (No Poison Jab) bulldoze or Earthquake could be a better option for it

Eh, close but not quite. Your main move is going ot be Rock Climb as it's powerful, boosted by Sheer Force, and doesn't have recoil like Double Edge. Then you want Earthquake for Steels, Zen Headbutt for Fighting and a neutral hit on Ghosts, and Fire Blast (Ferroseed) or Ice Beam (Gligar). 252 Atk/4 SpA/252 Spe Naive.

What should the other 2 moves for my Entei have? Right now it has Extreme Speed and Flare Blitz (I plan on making him my Physical Sweeper)

A question: So, if Drizzletoed and Swift Swim Kabutops enter the battlefield at the same time in a Double battle, does Swift Swim activate in that turn or in the next one?

A question: So, if Drizzletoed and Swift Swim Kabutops enter the battlefield at the same time in a Double battle, does Swift Swim activate in that turn or in the next one?

I would assume that, since the Rain activates when the Toed is sent in (i.e. before the turn begins), that Swift Swim would still pick up on it.

The whole turn after thing only applies to Megas, since turn order is determined prior to the start of the turn but Mega Evolution occurs during it.

I decided to be a little different, and got a Calm Ice Body Spheal insted of Bold; how should I EV it?

Not sure if this is valid place to ask this but:

I just SR for Diancie and got:
Sassy Nature
Spread: 11 31 31 31 5 17

Would this be worth keeping/EVing?

Sassy Nature

You'll want Naive or Rash with as close to 31/31/31/31/x/31 as possible so you can abuse MDiancie's offensive Stealth Rock (Naive) or Rock Polish Sweeper (Rash) sets, since normal Diancie is really bad

Sassy Nature

You'll want Naive or Rash with as close to 31/31/31/31/x/31 as possible so you can abuse MDiancie's offensive Stealth Rock (Naive) or Rock Polish Sweeper (Rash) sets, since normal Diancie is really bad

That's not a bad idea....
But I can't seam to get anything... and I've been resetting all night.

Currently, Pulled a:
Timid, 31 31 3 31 31 12
(with HP Electric)

4 perfect IVs but not a single one in Speed....

Sassy Nature

That's not a bad idea....
But I can't seam to get anything... and I've been resetting all night.

Currently, Pulled a:
Timid, 31 31 3 31 31 12
(with HP Electric)

4 perfect IVs but not a single one in Speed....

Ah, that's too bad. Good luck, keep trying! I'm sure you'll get a decent one soon.

Pardon me,but what is the best nature,ev spread and moveset for a Mixed Sweeper Lucario(both normal and Mega form)?

Pardon me,but what is the best nature,ev spread and moveset for a Mixed Sweeper Lucario(both normal and Mega form)?

The best way to use mixed sweeper Lucario is to not use mixed sweeper Lucario and use Swords Dance Lucario instead.

Lucario @ Life Orb/Lucarionite
Justified
Adamant (normal)/Jolly (Mega)
~Close Combat
~Extreme Speed (normal)/Bullet Punch (mega)
~Iron Tail (required for mega, optional for normal)/Ice Punch/Crunch
~Swords Dance (required for normal, optional for mega)/Stone Edge/Ice Punch

A mixed set isn't used as often because it does not hit hard enough, but if you really want to use one it would look something like this (assuming XY OU/Ubers):

Justified
Naive/Hasty
-Close Combat/Focus Blast/Aura Sphere
-Extremespeed/Vacuum Wave/Bullet Punch
-Crunch/Dark Pulse/Earthquake/Ice Punch/Iron Tail
-Agility/Swords Dance/Nasty Plot

The best way to use mixed sweeper Lucario is to not use mixed sweeper Lucario and use Swords Dance Lucario instead.

Justified
~Close Combat

A mixed set isn't used as often because it does not hit hard enough, but if you really want to use one it would look something like this (assuming XY OU/Ubers):

Justified
Naive/Hasty

You see guys, The reason why I'm asking about Lucario being a mixed sweeper it because I'm planning to form a Sand Team. I'm already know that I've chosen Skarmory,and Tyrantiar from the start.

Justified
~Close Combat

Justified
Naive/Hasty

You see guys, The reason why I'm asking about Lucario being a mixed sweeper it because I'm planning to form a Sand Team. I'm already know that I've chosen Skarmory,and Tyrantiar from the start.

You really don't want Skarmory and Lucario on a Sand team - you're just stacking up the weaknesses, especially once you consider Excadrill is also a Steel type. You have 3 Ground weaknesses (Exca, Tyranitar, Luke) AND 3 Fire weaknesses (Exca, Skarm, Luke). You need Pokémon that can keep up offensive pressure. Here is the standard XY sand team:

Tyranitar @ Focus Sash
Sand Stream
Naive
40 Atk/216 SpA/252 Spe
~Stealth Rock
~Fire Blast
~Ice Beam
~Crunch

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Sand Rush
Adamant
252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
~Earthquake
~Iron Head
~Rock Slide
~Rapid Spin

Greninja @ Life Orb
Protean
Timid
4 Def/252 SpA/252 Spe
~Hydro Pump
~Hidden Power Fire/Grass Knot
~Ice Beam
~Dark Pulse/Grass Knot

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Hyper Cutter
Jolly
252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
~Frustration
~Quick Attack
~Swords Dance
~Close Combat

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Gale Wings
Adamant
48 HP/252 Atk/208 Spe
~Brave Bird
~Flare Blitz
~U-Turn
~Tailwind

Dragonite @Choice Band
Multiscale
Adamant
252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
~Outrage
~Extreme Speed
~Earthquake
~Fire Punch

You can obviously make substitutions for equivalent Pokémkn as you see fit as long as you don't wreck your type synergy.

If this is for ORAS, you'll obviously want Gunk Shot Greninja, MMence > MPinsir, etc.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom