• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

I'm thinking of trying out a new team for the ORAS meta, and was wondering three things:

1. Is Mega Altaria viable?

2. Is Mega Altaria better in singles or doubles?

3. What Pokemon work well with Mega Altaria?

Thanks!

I'm thinking of trying out a new team for the ORAS meta, and was wondering three things:

1. Is Mega Altaria viable?

2. Is Mega Altaria better in singles or doubles?

3. What Pokemon work well with Mega Altaria?

Thanks!

Yes

IDK but she's really good in singles

Magneton/zone

I just caught Groudon in OR. It has a spread of 4/31/18/31/19/31 and is hardy. Should I use it for a putative uber team or not?

No. Natures that do absolutely nothing are universally terrible. In addition, Groudon's massive physical bulk is a selling point.

Is Sylveon or Florges a better Specially Defensive wall? Looking at the stats, everything really points to Florges. I use both and they both pretty much have the same role: Toxic, Aromatherapy/Heal Bell. Only issue for me is that my Sylveon does not have Wish, which I know it pretty much needs, while Florges does, which still seems to make it the more useful, though I find Pixilate to make Sylveon better for attacking when I need it to.

Again, I know it seems like Florges is obvious, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Sylveon is better because it's not as passive as Florges is and has a better HP stat, but yeah, it does need Wish to properly function as a special wall/cleric

Sylveon is better because it's not as passive as Florges is and has a better HP stat, but yeah, it does need Wish to properly function as a special wall/cleric

So now I've gone and bred an entire Eeveelution team with Wish~ :p

How should I go about EVing my Flareon? Of course Max Attack, but should I max out Speed or HP? I've seen Speed, but I don't think it'll be outspeeding anything any time soon anyway, so I feel it'd be a waste, so I thought HP, but it has the same base HP as it does Speed, which also isn't very high. I'm a bit at a loss.

Oh yeah, forgot about Flame Charge~ Alright then, thanks~

Forgot to ask, while I'm at it. What about Glaceon? She suffers the same problem where I don't know what else to focus in besides her main attacking stat.

Forgot to ask, while I'm at it. What about Glaceon? She suffers the same problem where I don't know what else to focus in besides her main attacking stat.

I'd say max HP and SpD on Glaceon. Since you want to use an Eeveelution team you'd likely want a decent tank and Glaceon has decent 65/110/95 defenses and a 130 SpA so there really is no need to focus on SpA.

I'd say max HP and SpD on Glaceon. Since you want to use an Eeveelution team you'd likely want a decent tank and Glaceon has decent 65/110/95 defenses and a 130 SpA so there really is no need to focus on SpA.

This is true, but I pretty much have three tanks in Vaporeon, Umbreon, and Sylveon. I thought about focusing on some of Glaceon's bulk, but it didn't seem necessary with the other three and I didn't want the team to have an abundance of Pokemon that just stall.

This is true, but I pretty much have three tanks in Vaporeon, Umbreon, and Sylveon. I thought about focusing on some of Glaceon's bulk, but it didn't seem necessary with the other three and I didn't want the team to have an abundance of Pokemon that just stall.

Honestly if you take a look at the Eeveelutions and build a team of 6 out of 8 Pokemon you will likely have a lot of overlap in bulk. I'm guessing that you're also running Flareon and Jolteon for attacking correct? If so I'd recommend ignoring Glaceon as a whole and putting Espeon on your team.

Honestly if you take a look at the Eeveelutions and build a team of 6 out of 8 Pokemon you will likely have a lot of overlap in bulk. I'm guessing that you're also running Flareon and Jolteon for attacking correct? If so I'd recommend ignoring Glaceon as a whole and putting Espeon on your team.

I wanted to have those three, just so I'd have Special and Physical Defense covered, with Umbreon able to take either. I'm going between Espeon, Leafeon, Flareon, and Jolteon as the remaining three. I really wanted Leafeon as one of the attackers because I otherwise have nothing for Mega Swampert. Then I'd like Flareon because of Scizor and Ferrothorn, so the last slot is where I'm having trouble~

Does Tailwind boost all of your mons speed on the same turn is used? Like, Talonflame uses it in a Triple Battle, will the other two mons speed increase in that same turn and thus make them faster than the opposing mon if they are slower before the Tailwind setup? Or only on the following turn?

Does Tailwind boost all of your mons speed on the same turn is used? Like, Talonflame uses it in a Triple Battle, will the other two mons speed increase in that same turn and thus make them faster than the opposing mon if they are slower before the Tailwind setup? Or only on the following turn?

No, attacking order is determined before the start of the turn.

No, attacking order is determined before the start of the turn.
Ah, ok then, just wanted to be sure. Thanks.

How's this for a Sharpedo:

Sharpedo @Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Waterfall
-Poison Fang/Swords Dance

I'm not too sure of the item and the EV spread, you guys got ideas?

(Excuse me if this is the wrong place)

How's this for a Sharpedo:

Sharpedo @Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Waterfall
-Poison Fang/Swords Dance

I'm not too sure of the item and the EV spread, you guys got ideas?

(Excuse me if this is the wrong place)

If you want to use Poison Fang than you'll want to use M-Sharpedo. Max attack and max speed are obvious. Priority would be nice as well.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom