• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Too lazy to calculate, but I'd like to see some numbers on what would kill Dragonite after Stealth Rock, since there's no way it's dying at full HP. Pretty sure with Stealth Rock, you'll kill it anyway, but just to be sure.

At 75% health: 0 SpA Vaporeon Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dragonite: 284-336 (87.9 - 104%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

You could give Vaporeon more Special Attack investment to bring that percentage up – 100 EVs in Special Attack gives it a 75% chance to OHKO after Rocks.

That's already a guaranteed OHKO after rocks. Calc's being weird.

Too lazy to calculate, but I'd like to see some numbers on what would kill Dragonite after Stealth Rock, since there's no way it's dying at full HP. Pretty sure with Stealth Rock, you'll kill it anyway, but just to be sure.

At 75% health: 0 SpA Vaporeon Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dragonite: 284-336 (87.9 - 104%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

You could give Vaporeon more Special Attack investment to bring that percentage up – 100 EVs in Special Attack gives it a 75% chance to OHKO after Rocks.

You sure? I keep refreshing the page and getting the same result.

I'm already calculating Rocks being on Nite's side of the field with it being at 75% health, so are you certain your result isn't because you have the Stealth Rock button clicked? Because if it is, you're factoring it in twice.

Last edited:

I'm already calculating Rocks being on Nite's side of the field with it being at 75% health, so are you certain your result isn't because you have the Stealth Rock button clicked? Because if it is, you're factoring it in twice.

Nah check this out:

0 SpA Vaporeon Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dragonite: 284-336 (87.9 - 104%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

0 HP Dragonite has 323 HP, or 243 after Rocks. This definitely is a OHKO. The calc doesn't care that you set the HP to 75%, it's still calcing as if the dragonite was at full health. To further illustrate this, here's what the calc looks like if you just click the rocks button and switch dragonite's ability to something else:

0 SpA Vaporeon Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dragonite: 284-336 (87.9 - 104%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Here's the calc with rocks and with multiscale: 0 SpA Vaporeon Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Multiscale Dragonite: 142-168 (43.9 - 52%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

And with no rocks and multiscale: 0 SpA Vaporeon Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Multiscale Dragonite: 142-168 (43.9 - 52%) -- 11.7% chance to 2HKO

The fact that those last two are the same is pretty clear evidence hat there's a glitch in the calc

It's not a glitch in the calc, the HP is there to be taken into account in offensive calcs to include effects of health-dependant abilities like Torrent and Defeatist

It's not a glitch in the calc, the HP is there to be taken into account in offensive calcs to include effects of health-dependant abilities like Torrent and Defeatist

I'm referring to the fact that the Calc takes Multiscale into effect even when the Rocks button is on

Adding to this, it also is there for HP-dependent moves like Water Spout/Eruption, Reversal/Flail, Brine, and Wring Out/Crush Grip.

I'm referring to the fact that the Calc takes Multiscale into effect even when the Rocks button is on

You could just change Dragonite's ability to something else and see what the number is :p
(I wrote this as if there's someone who doesn't know that XD Still felt obliged to write this, for some reason)

You could just change Dragonite's ability to something else and see what the number is :p
(I wrote this as if there's someone who doesn't know that XD Still felt obliged to write this, for some reason)

I did do that xD

Nah check this out:

0 SpA Vaporeon Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dragonite: 284-336 (87.9 - 104%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

0 HP Dragonite has 323 HP, or 243 after Rocks. This definitely is a OHKO. The calc doesn't care that you set the HP to 75%, it's still calcing as if the dragonite was at full health. To further illustrate this, here's what the calc looks like if you just click the rocks button and switch dragonite's ability to something else:

0 SpA Vaporeon Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dragonite: 284-336 (87.9 - 104%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Here's the calc with rocks and with multiscale: 0 SpA Vaporeon Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Multiscale Dragonite: 142-168 (43.9 - 52%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

And with no rocks and multiscale: 0 SpA Vaporeon Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Multiscale Dragonite: 142-168 (43.9 - 52%) -- 11.7% chance to 2HKO

The fact that those last two are the same is pretty clear evidence hat there's a glitch in the calc

I wonder, why do people hate Regigigas so much? The only reason I can tell is because of it's Slow Start ability, which is pretty bad, but also really good. People do know, though, that you can make a Pokemon with the move 'Ability Swap' swap Regigigas's ability, and then switch that ability to an opponent, right? Now the Regigigas has a(hopefully)useful but better ability and one of the opponents's Pokemon have that dreadful ability, helping you.
I saw the Bulbapedia page on the Slow Start ability, and it actuallly confirmed that yu can swap it, and it also reminded me of the ability surpress moves as well(even though nobody would supress it unlesss it was you).

The problem with this tactic is that it is a doubles-exclusive unreliable gimmick that gives your opponents free turn to either attack or switch into something that can take Regigigas and whatever else is in on regardless of Slow Start
Also, anything with fast Taunt shuts this down

It's a general rule of thumb that if a Pokemon has a horrible ability, it is simply not worth it to spend turns, moveslots, and sometimes teamslots just to patch it up

What is useful for a sun team? Right now I got Charizard Y, a HA Meganium to set up Reflect and a special wall Cradily with Synthesis in mind.

I'm thinking of using a Mega Sableye on my Trick Room team, but I haven't used one before, so I'd like your thoughts on a good moveset/EV spread for it.

Is Meganium better with Leaf Guard or Overgrow?

I'd say Leaf Guard because A. Meg is better at defence than it is at offence and B. you have some control over when it's active (assuming you are using it on a Sun team).

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom