• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Simple Answers 3

HeartGold or Diamond?

• HeartGold

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • Diamond

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
unable to use my game card on another DSi

ok... i need to solve this fast.... i tried to use my one pokemon game on another DSi to trade pokemon from one game to another... but the one i had in adifferent DSi give me some warning thing that i am unable to trade since it was not in my DSi....

please help... am i never gonna be able to send pokemon to my other games??

Re: unable to use my game card on another DSi

ok... i need to solve this fast.... i tried to use my one pokemon game on another DSi to trade pokemon from one game to another... but the one i had in adifferent DSi give me some warning thing that i am unable to trade since it was not in my DSi....

please help... am i never gonna be able to send pokemon to my other games??

Were you trying to trade using Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection (i.e., GTS or the downstairs of Pokémon Centers)? If so, your Friend Code on your game was automatically reset since you tried to use Wi-Fi from a different DS. You can still trade, but anyone you're trading with over Wi-Fi now needs your new Friend Code (which will change again if you use Wi-Fi from your original DS).

no doubt this will count as a simple question (& should be in that thread) however before it gets moved i shall answer:

you will get a new friend code & will lose your registered friends in your palpad thingy - nothing to worry about it just means you have to put your friends in again when you use a new system (it's a fair one worrying as it gives a scary looking blue screen that made me panic first time)

*EDIT*

beware: ninjas!

Last edited:
n00b question on transferring

hi all,

I just started playing Soul Silver and wanted to transfer my Pokemon from Platinum.

what is the fastest/most efficient way to do that? (I have dozens I'd like to migrate).

all I can think of now is to use a second DS and trade one at a time but that will take foreeeeever. not to mention all the wasted pokeballs catching HootHoots to trade.

help!!

PS - my apologies as I'm sure this is a very n00by question, but I figured this would be the best place for the best answer!

Re: n00b question on transferring

Yes, that is the only way, it takes forever, but it's the only way to transfer Pokemon from one DS game to another.

blerg ... ok, thanks.

thank goodness my wife also has a DS or this would be impossible.

seems really silly that they do it this way. I mean, it's not like mass trading could even be exploited... it's still someone losing something.

blerg ... ok, thanks.

seems really silly that they do it this way. I mean, it's not like mass trading could even be exploited... it's still someone losing something.

Don't worry, I had about 400 to transfer over from my first Pearl file to Platinum. I only kept about 300 in the end, because I was also transferring items, but it took me months of on and off trading. (maybe 18-24 Pokémon during each sit-down)

If you take about 30 minutes to an hour out of each day until they're all transferred, it shouldn't take long at all, depending on how many you have.

blerg ... ok, thanks.

you could wait for black/white to come out & do a mass transfer then dude - just trade your favourite team over for now then do a mass transfer when the new games come out

you could wait for black/white to come out & do a mass transfer then dude - just trade your favourite team over for now then do a mass transfer when the new games come out

whoa, whoa! is there confirmation of this?? how does it work!? can you link me to a video showing this in action!?

In Platinum, I'm almost ready to beat the E4, but I'm having trouble deciding what other moves to teach my Luxray and Weavile in temporary replacement for Flash (Luxray) and Cut (Weavile). Any suggestions?

If it helps, their other moves are:

Luxray:

- Discharge
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder

Weavile:
- Ice Punch
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse

I have this silly question.. you'll see, if somehow, someone lends me a Regigigas to catch the Regi trio in Platinum... with those, can I catch the Regigigas on the Snowpoint Temple?

It is mine, aha. I've tried so many WEP keys, I think I read on Serebii that these games can only connect to unlocked wi-fi? It worked once for me at a friend's, and I didn't use a key then.

I only managed to connect to the nintendo network once after that last week, but then it wouldn't let me download the mystery gift :\
Don't auto-obtain your IP address. Use the following settings and see if they work:
IP address: 192.168.1.12
Subnet Mask: 225.225.225.0
Gateway: 192.168.1.1

Of course, it very much depends on your personal router. Check your router settings and then set up a static IP on your DS based on those. 12 seemed to be the magic number for me.

As far as DNS settings, you can probably auto-obtain those, but if not, you may be able to see them in your router settings. Worst case scenario (which isn't that bad) would be you'll just have to ask your ISP.

Simple question, eh?

I have this silly question.. you'll see, if somehow, someone lends me a Regigigas to catch the Regi trio in Platinum... with those, can I catch the Regigigas on the Snowpoint Temple?

Yes you can.

However, the regis will only be catchable with a event regigigas.

In Platinum, I'm almost ready to beat the E4, but I'm having trouble deciding what other moves to teach my Luxray and Weavile in temporary replacement for Flash (Luxray) and Cut (Weavile). Any suggestions?

Luxray:

- Discharge
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder

Weavile:
- Ice Punch
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse

Luxray don't need 3 el moves, keep one of them (I recommend T-Bolt) and put whatever you like, like Crunch and Strength, just to get more diverse movepool. Luxray don't get that many moves to use unfortunately.

For Weavile, remove Ice Beam and Dark Pulse, Weavile don't work well with special moves, keep Ice Punch and add Night Slash and Brick Break. Any other physical TM can take the last slot.

I am aware that you might have to relearn some of these moves.

Luxray:

- Discharge
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder

Weavile:
- Ice Punch
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse

I don't know what level your Weavile is or what its Speed IV is, so I don't know if it would outspeed Cynthia's Garchomp (which has perfect IV's). Therefore, Ice Shard might be a good option to consider as well.

Edit: Ahh, never mind. It only learns it as a Sneasel. Stick with the post above mine.

Pokéball "sprites"

You know when you throw out a Pokéball, it will be some kinds of "stuff" coming out of it. For example, when I send out my Crobat, caught in a normal red and white Pokéball, some yellow lights and spots are also coming out of the Pokéball. I also got a Gengar, caught in a Heal ball, but then it comes out some stars in a circle instead (kinda).

I wondering what those are called, or is it even a name for it? Is there any site you can see all of it depending on which Pokéball you caught your Pokémon in?

It seem it changing from generations as well. In Emerald when I sent out my Gardevoir, caught with a Nest ball, it did came out small red hearts, when I palparked it to Platinum, it's like normal Pokéball "stuff" and a green swirl.

Please help me out. :angel:

Also sorry if this is posted wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom