• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Simple Answers 3

HeartGold or Diamond?

• HeartGold

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • Diamond

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've looked in both the Gift Pokemon section on Serebii and on Bulbapedia, but I've yet to hear any information that does confirm the shiny block. Considering it's an event-exclusive, though, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

the event may have a shiny block (probably does) but you can breed shiny babies from it

i have a question (obviously).

While fighting a Dewgong in HG with my Sneasel, when Dewgong used Sheer Cold, the message i got was something along the lines of "SNEASEL was unaffected". I know that SC is a OHKO move, and that it only has a 30% chance of hitting, but...did it actually hit my pokemon? wouldn't it have said it missed, and if it didn't then why didn't my Sneasel faint?

I'm not so sure it's due to Sneasal being an ice type pokemon cuz when i was fighting a Kingler that used Guillotine on the same Sneasel, it gave me the same message. wth is going on here? o_O

Your Sneasel is most likely a higher level than the opponent your facing, and if the person your using the OHKO move on is a higher level than your own pokemon, then it will fail. And it has nothing to do with your Sneasel being an ice type.

Your Sneasel is most likely a higher level than the opponent your facing, and if the person your using the OHKO move on is a higher level than your own pokemon, then it will fail. And it has nothing to do with your Sneasel being an ice type.

oh i had no idea about the level affecting the outcome of the move. Thanks for the insight :) :secret:

*btw i was thinking along the lines of somehow the move's type and my pokemon's type had some correlation :p but i know that's just silly

hello again
well,this may sound stupid but here it is:
do you have any tips on training pokemon easily and fast after you finish the game because i have somewhat low-leveled pokemon that i want to train but its going really really REALLY slow even with using the lucky eggs and they are not strong enough to go against the elite four so ..... any tips
thank you in advance

hello again
do you have any tips on training pokemon easily and fast after you finish the game because i have somewhat low-leveled pokemon that i want to train but its going really really REALLY slow even with using the lucky eggs and they are not strong enough to go against the elite four so ..... any tips
thank you in advance
If you have another game card, raise these Pokemon after trading them to a game that is not the one on which you caught them. This and a lucky egg together have helped me a lot. Other than that there isn't much you can do.

hello again
thank you in advance

What I did once was trade the Pokémon onto a new game and use them in the story. It wasn't necessarily fast per se, but it was fun, and when I got done I had a bunch of strong Pokémon ready to go. I recommend doing something similar.

hello again
thank you in advance

Give a low-level Pokémon an Exp. Share, put a high-level Pokémon at the front of your party, and walk around the Battle Zone (DPPt)/rematch Gym Leaders at the Fighting Dojo (HGSS). If you can manage to sacrifice a spot in your party, you could also bring a low-level Pokémon with an Exp. Share with you when rematching the Elite Four. This has the downside of only training one Pokémon at a time (unless you have multiple Exp. Shares), but it's one of the fastest methods for leveling up that doesn't involve outsider XP boosts (and if you do add in boosts, it becomes even faster).

I like training my Zangoose, level 43, and Linoone, level 46, at Victory Road. Is this a good or bad idea?

It is a good idea, why would you think it would not be?

You can use the League if you want, or gymleader rematches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom