• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Simple Answers 3

HeartGold or Diamond?

• HeartGold

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • Diamond

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain how Hidden abilities are passed down please? (side question: will the pokemon that has the ability passed down have a certain gender, always male/female?)

and also more of an opinionated question: Which eeveelution would be the best/rarest to get with that Pokemon Online "promotion"? I've just set Espeon so it's too late for me. Hope I didn't make a "wrong choice":look:

All of the are equally rare. Whatever one is best is a matter of personal opinion.

Quick question for Black:
Can I save in front of the Darmanitan statues in the desert resort, feed one statue the RageCandyBar and then continuously soft reset that same statue for a shiny?

Your starter probably has already reached the EV cap of 510 points. Remember that you gain EV points from very battle your pokemon has fought in. Since your Samurott is level 59 it probably got the 510 a while ago. You can test this by going to the EV checker.
I did think of that after posting, but I have other Pokemon that are around the same level and they're still gaining EV points. o.o I'll have to go to this EV checker to find out for sure, but uhh.... what's an EV checker, and how do I find it? o.0
Oh well. Thanks very much for your input. =)

I did think of that after posting, but I have other Pokemon that are around the same level and they're still gaining EV points. o.o I'll have to go to this EV checker to find out for sure, but uhh.... what's an EV checker, and how do I find it? o.0
Oh well. Thanks very much for your input. =)

Since it's your starter, you've had your Samurott for a long time, and hence its had more opportunities to battle Pokemon, which made it gain EV points.

An EV checker is just a person in-game that tells you if your Pokemon has maxed out all of the possible EVs it can gain. They're in the house north of the Pokemon Center in Opelucid City. They something along the lines of its given all of effort it can if the EVs are maxed.

Since Battle Revolution only allows the game that deposited a Pokemon to withdraw it, I believe the only other way to get your Pokemon back (aside from finding the original game) would be to buy a new (or used) Diamond cartridge and dump its save to a file on your computer. From there, you could use a program like Pokesav to modify the save so the trainer name, gender, ID and secret ID exactly match those of your original Diamond. Once you'd uploaded the modified save to your cartridge (there are 3rd party peripherals that can do this), that would probably be enough to fool Battle Revolution into thinking it was the original game.

Battle Revolution doesn't let anyone withdraw anything. All PBR does is copy what is in your boxes and party at the time you sync your DS game with it. There's no way to withdraw things from it aside from the items and pokemon (Pikachu, Magmortar, and Electivire) you can get as wondercards.

Can someone explain how Hidden abilities are passed down please? (side question: will the pokemon that has the ability passed down have a certain gender, always male/female?)

and also more of an opinionated question: Which eeveelution would be the best/rarest to get with that Pokemon Online "promotion"? I've just set Espeon so it's too late for me. Hope I didn't make a "wrong choice":look:

A female has a 40% chance of passing on its hidden ability to its offspring.

As for the eevolutions, it's personal preference. If you like Espeon and its ability then you didn't make a "wrong choice".

Battle Revolution doesn't let anyone withdraw anything. All PBR does is copy what is in your boxes and party at the time you sync your DS game with it. There's no way to withdraw things from it aside from the items and pokemon (Pikachu, Magmortar, and Electivire) you can get as wondercards.

Can you not deposit pokemon for a team and store them there? It has the same rules for deposit/withdrawal as Ranch, I thought; just a lot less space (not that Ranch is very useful, either).

What gives? I slathered a honey tree in Diamond just last night at 8, and it's only 7 in the morning right now. I've read that the effects of honey last 24 hours, but now it seems that the honey I slathered is gone. It doesn't even say that the tree in question is slathered with it.

How come both the player's guide and Bulbapedia specified it as 24 hours when it's clearly less than that?

There's a 10% chance (9% for Munchlax trees) that slathered honey will fail to attract anything, and the honey will just disappear.

Can you not deposit pokemon for a team and store them there? It has the same rules for deposit/withdrawal as Ranch, I thought; just a lot less space (not that Ranch is very useful, either).

nope - nothing ever leaves the DS cart it's just duplicated onto the PBR save file so nothing "transferred" (well, copied) from the DS game is recoverable (unlike Ranch where you do trade stuff between the games)

I wanna know how to get Peak Objects for the Safari Zone?

I defeated the Elite 4 like 12 times..
Defeated Ash/Red like 7-8 times..
Still no call from Baoba
I only have the forest, plains and rock objects o_O

Can't tell if pokemon is foreign

It's name is japanese, but the OT is Jerry
Help?
Working on masuda method.

Re: Can't tell if pokemon is foreign

It's name is japanese, but the OT is Jerry
Help?
Working on masuda method.

If its name is Japanese, it was caught or bred on a Japanese version game. I'm pretty sure the Japanese games include the roman alphabet, so that OT isn't really an issue.

Thank you Ivysaur
My apologies.
Can anyone tell me if my pokemon is foreign? I can't tell because it's name is japanese and its OT name is Jerry.
The name Jerry is in red.. and only J is capitolized. but the letters looks arial or something.

Well, i just have no idea where my Exp Share is then.

in HeartGold, in a battle, one of the six pokeballs in the topleft corner of the bottom screen is shaking. why?

Me neither :p

I can't know which pokemon to breed yet, time passes me by.
The pokemon name is japanese, the OT is Jerry?
Foreign or not, I dunno.

Me neither :p

I can't know which pokemon to breed yet, time passes me by.
The pokemon name is japanese, the OT is Jerry?
Foreign or not, I dunno.

If its name is Japanese, it was caught or bred on a Japanese version game. I'm pretty sure the Japanese games include the roman alphabet, so that OT isn't really an issue.

As I said a few posts up, it's foreign.

Oh! Sorry! The moderator Ivysaur reposted it for me and I didn't realize it. I should have scrolled up after he directed me here but i didn't realize he did that.

But thank you!

Okay so the japanese games most likely have the roman alphabet?
Can american games use the japanese alphabet?

Main thing is, can you change pokemon names with a name changer person in Gen 5? Im just worried the OT was native and traded it to a japanese person who changed the name.

It's a shiny ditto, and id really like to start breeding it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom