• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Simple Answers 3

HeartGold or Diamond?

• HeartGold

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • Diamond

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
so there's no way it could be American I believe, since it's ditto and all.. and since ditto can't evolve which would changes it name to japanese if it was transfered from an english game then, it would have to be foreign right?
Just hate the OT's name is jerry. It worries me that ill breed hundreds of eggs with 1/8000 chance instead of 1/2000.

It is possible that the OT's name is one of those American kids who imported the game. Technically, they have a Japanese version of the game, and that game can be played in English to a degree from all the Let's Plays I've seen.

well if it was a japanese game played in america would
it be counted as japanese or american?
wonder if it bases it off the wifis location.

I wanna know how to get Peak Objects for the Safari Zone?

I defeated the Elite 4 like 12 times..
Defeated Ash/Red like 7-8 times..
Still no call from Baoba
I only have the forest, plains and rock objects o_O

IIRC, peak and rock are interchangeable. You should get all of them at the same time

Japanese game played in America still counts as foreign because the game is, by all technicalities, foreign. It was imported from outside America, and probably flagged to look like it came from Japan no matter where the data was uploaded from.

No matter where the game is in the world physically, it would be counted as Japanese if it was a Japanese-language game.

Whether a Pokemon is "foreign" (to your game) is determined by the language of the originating cartridge. So a Pokemon from a UK English game wouldn't be foreign to an American English game, as the two are identified as the same language.

So imported isn't a bad thing right?
So it's safe to say/agree that it was imported from japan.. which means bought from japan by an American who's name is Jerry.
So it's safe to say breed the ditto with american pokemon, right?
Sorry if i keep asking, but thanks guys.

So imported isn't a bad thing right?
So it's safe to say/agree that it was imported from japan.. which means bought from japan by an American who's name is Jerry.
So it's safe to say breed the ditto with american pokemon, right?
Sorry if i keep asking, but thanks guys.

Yes, yes, and yes.

Thank you so much.
You're a great guy.
Seriously thought this forum was tough on newcomers but you helped and i really appreciate it.

How should I EV train my first shiny? (larvesta)

I just hatched a shiny larvesta via the Masuda method and I'm curious what I should do for EVs.

Its nature and IVs aren't spectacular, but I don't competitively battle. Regardless, I'd like to train this so it can be the best that it can be.

Its bold and its IVs are

HP: 24
ATTK: 11
DEF: 3
SP ATTK: 18
SP DEF: 26
SPD: 0

(So basically this thing is going to be the slowest Volcarona around... trick room team maybe?)

EDIT: (i would have been able to breed for better IVs, but I got this after my 3rd egg) :)

A question, what is the point of the ability Klutz? It seems prejudicial to the user, as well as pointless, as all pokemon with Klutz have a secondary ability.

A question, what is the point of the ability Klutz? It seems prejudicial to the user, as well as pointless, as all pokemon with Klutz have a secondary ability.
Some Pokemon with Klutz can use Switcheroo to give a bad item to their opponent (like Lagging Tail) without worrying about the negative effect of the item.

There are various ways it's useful. As Blazevoir pointed out, there are switcharoo and trick (though fling does not work as of gen 5).

There is also the move entrainment which gives the opponent the same ability as the user and can be learned by three pokemon that can have klutz as their ability (buneary, lopunny, and audino). So you can also use it to stop your opponent's held item from being useful.

It's probably the better normal ability for lopunny as cute charm only activates 30% of the time to have a 50% chance of stopping an opponent from attacking and only if it's the opposite gender. The rest definitely have better abilities though.

In the Abyssal Ruins, how do you access the different floors? Do you collect everything on the floor, then it gives you the next one?

Also, do the items replenish every day or is it a one-time deal? (talking about the coins and things, not the plates)

Already checked on the Pedia, but this wasn't answered on the talk page yet.

In the Abyssal Ruins, how do you access the different floors? Do you collect everything on the floor, then it gives you the next one?

Also, do the items replenish every day or is it a one-time deal? (talking about the coins and things, not the plates)

Already checked on the Pedia, but this wasn't answered on the talk page yet.
This video has a walkthrough of how to get farther in the Abyssal Ruins, starting at about 9:34. You have to do certain things to get past certain pink stones.

I think the items only appear once but I'm not 100% sure. I haven't seen them reappear when I revisited the Ruins.

Since there is no big move tutor in Black/White, can let's say a male pokemon that knows ice punch, breed with a female lucario, will the offspring learns ice punch?

Since there is no big move tutor in Black/White, can let's say a male pokemon that knows ice punch, breed with a female lucario, will the offspring learns ice punch?

Nope, Ice Punch isn't an egg move for Riolu.

This is concerning the Japanese Dream World.

For those who imported the game, we've been able to access the DW on our Japanese games. So this is directed to those who 1- Can read and translate Japanese and 2- who most likely have a Japanese Cart of B&W.
I know that the earthquake devastated the place and that they took it down for a while. But as far as I could tell, the front page has the date of March 30th on there. I assumed that the DW in Japan at least would be up by then. Obviously I'm either missing something or I'm right that they hadn't put it back up just yet to conserve energy. But the question still remains as to why that message hasn't changed at all if they were advertising it to be back up by the 30th of last month.

When you go to the pokemon-gl.com site to log into the DW, I am met with a wall of boxes that are supposed to be japanese writing. Obviously as boxes, I couldn't try to translate them if I wanted to. All of my browsers do this. So here's my questions:

Does the wall of text that is on the front page for Japan's DW Login say anything of when it will be back up? Or do I have to re register my game and start over from scratch? There's a Q&A section there as well but it too is a wall of boxes so is there something on that page that might clue us in on these?

Thank you in advance for your response.

Can you go above $999999 in Black and White?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom