• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Simple Answers 3

HeartGold or Diamond?

• HeartGold

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • Diamond

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick Pokemon Black question:

Where the heck is the IV checker guy? Bulbapedia says he's in the Battle Subway, but I've looked everywhere and haven't found him. I haven't beaten the E4 yet, does that make a difference? If not, could someone give me more specific directions?

What's so Special about the Volcarona in the Relic Castle? And I killed it, but will it come back after I beat the Elite 4 again?

I've got a Walrein on SS that knows Whirlpool, this is an HM in this game, however, it's not an HM in platinum.

So if I trade Walrein over to platinum, will I then be able to transfer it into BW with Whirlpool?

Not Sure if the volcarona returns although on route 18 you can get a larvesta egg which evolves into It at l59

I've got a Walrein on SS that knows Whirlpool, this is an HM in this game, however, it's not an HM in platinum.

So if I trade Walrein over to platinum, will I then be able to transfer it into BW with Whirlpool?
Yes, although Whirlpool isn't a very good move, why not give it Brine instead?

If my Pokemon receives the Effort Ribbon, does that mean it has reached max EVs? And if so, that means I can stop EV training it, right? Another thing I don't understand is how I still get lots of stat point increases when a Pokemon with the Effort Ribbon levels up.

If my Pokemon receives the Effort Ribbon, does that mean it has reached max EVs? And if so, that means I can stop EV training it, right? Another thing I don't understand is how I still get lots of stat point increases when a Pokemon with the Effort Ribbon levels up.

The Effort Ribbon is given to a Pokemon that has Max Friendship. It doesn't mean that you have Max EVs, and you can still receive them.

Actually, the Effort Ribbon is given to Pokémon who has 510 effort values.
I don't know why your Pokémon continues to get stat points, but I'm pretty sure about the Ribbon.

You get a lot of stat points because of how stats are calculated. 4 EV's =/= 1 stat point unless you are at level 100, so the actual stat gain from EV's is readjusted for your current level.

The Effort Ribbon is in fact given to you once you reach your EV cap.

I used my DSi for most of my DS games, and some times a DSLite for others. I play HG in my DSi, as well as Black.

If I placed my HG in my DSlite for the sole purpose of Sending Pokémon to Black. Would the HG notice that it was in another DS?

If they can see each other normally, I don't see why it matters if your trading from a DSi to a DSlite and vice versa.

I'm not asking about the Actual Transfer.. I'm asking about After Sending to Black, Will HG think I've played HG in another DS and stop the "events" that run on time?

Not unless there's something wrong with the clocks on each of the DS's. I mean, playing the same game on two different DS units really shouldn't matter or affect events that run off the internal clock of the unit.

I'm not asking about the Actual Transfer.. I'm asking about After Sending to Black, Will HG think I've played HG in another DS and stop the "events" that run on time?

worst case scenario it knocks the events out for a day - i know it screws up my platinum daily lottery when i switch consoles but it's no big whoop imo i just use it again the next day

why do people always want pokemon lv 9 and under at the gts in black/white?

i dont understand how anyone would be able to give them a lv 9 reshiram or zekrom...

i dont understand how anyone would be able to give them a lv 9 reshiram or zekrom...
I'm pretty sure this is the wrong place to ask, but you can't.
Those people are showing off their shinnies, which are more than likely hacked.

Well, since my question in the Older Games area isn't being answered, I might as well ask it here.

Does anyone remember how long it takes Shuckle to make a Rare Candy out of Berry Juice? Bulbapedia says the ability was removed, but it never said how long you would have to wait in GSC.

Not unless there's something wrong with the clocks on each of the DS's. I mean, playing the same game on two different DS units really shouldn't matter or affect events that run off the internal clock of the unit.

The problem is that two DS's will probably not have the same exact time. Messing with the time can change berry growing and daily events.

I don't think it happens when you're just transferring but I haven't been playing fourth gen games enough to be sure.

worst case scenario it knocks the events out for a day - i know it screws up my platinum daily lottery when i switch consoles but it's no big whoop imo i just use it again the next day

It can be a pain in the butt for berry growing. :c

You can't give them to them. I've known of a few people trying to give them the dragons (and honestly if you are doing that you deserve hacked 'mons) but they won't go through. They're making it harder to find what you are looking for and make most of us resort to just putting something up for trade and leaving for a while. :c

I'm pretty sure this is the wrong place to ask, but you can't.
Those people are showing off their shinnies, which are more than likely hacked.

That is even more stupid than what I thought was going on. I thought they were trying to clone them. If they want to show them off so bad, why not just put them into random battles?

I don't know if this has already been asked, but when in a Triple Battle, do all stat boosts remain in effect even when rotated out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom