• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Simple Answers 3

HeartGold or Diamond?

• HeartGold

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • Diamond

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I actually remove rocks in my Secret Base (Diamond) once I have some flags? I haven't seen any actual option to remove them when checking my PC. Do I use something like a Digger Drill? Or what?

Re: Ice Beam or Ice Punch

I've got Swampert and I'm debating between these two moves. I figured Ice Punch for the sake of his higher attack, but does the extra damage from ice beam offset that? Thoughts?

How do I actually remove rocks in my Secret Base (Diamond) once I have some flags? I haven't seen any actual option to remove them when checking my PC. Do I use something like a Digger Drill? Or what?

You have to use the option for putting away decorations and then select the rocks you want to remove.

I've got Swampert and I'm debating between these two moves. I figured Ice Punch for the sake of his higher attack, but does the extra damage from ice beam offset that? Thoughts?

Unless its IVs and EVs are more biased towards Sp. Att than Attack, Ice Punch should deal more damage.

You have to use the option for putting away decorations and then select the rocks you want to remove.

Thanks. Funny, though, I actually figured it out shortly before reading your post.

Anyway, here's another issue, involving giving secret base decorations. While most stuff isn't problematic to give, there are a few things that I can't have my character in Pearl give to that in Diamond. I already know you can't give anything to other players that you can only get from Mr. Goods, and I do understand why certain ones like a Chikorita Doll can't be given to someone w/o a National Dex.

What I'm talking about is a Munchlax Doll. Is it because that one can only be bought at the Veilstone Dept. Store? Or is there a different reason that I'm unaware of yet?

What's the best EV spread for an Adamant or Jolly Axew? And where can I EV train them? (pre-Elite Four)

Thank you very much! Now off to slaughter the Dragon gym! (in the nicest way possible) MUAHAHAHA!:saiyan:

Last edited:
Is there any way to search for Pokemon over the GTS you haven't personally encountered.

For example, if I wanted a Vullaby on my White version how would I snag it off the GTS? I've never seen a trainer use it (or its evolution) in a battle. This same concept would apply to event only Pokemon like Arceus and Darkrai.

how do you pokesav please help
Pretty sure there is another thread for this type of question somewhere else, but I could be wrong. Anyways, could you be more specific with the question?
EDIT: Found the place for this. The hackers section. http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=78942

HI im having trouble in Soul Silver. Im at the part where im in Cerulean Gym trying to find tha Machine Part and i cant find it, where exactly is it, the Dowsing Machine isnt helping
You have to manually find it, it is in the top part of the inner tubes at the very top of the gym. The last stack on the left.

Is there any way to search for Pokemon over the GTS you haven't personally encountered.

For example, if I wanted a Vullaby on my White version how would I snag it off the GTS? I've never seen a trainer use it (or its evolution) in a battle. This same concept would apply to event only Pokemon like Arceus and Darkrai.
No, you must have seen the pokemon in your pokedex before you can search for it. IMO a stupid idea, but I'm sure GF has their reasons.

Last edited:
Probably so you can't ask for Lv.100 Arceus all the time.

And BTW what's a good moveset for haxorus?

Probably so you can't ask for Lv.100 Arceus all the time.

And BTW what's a good moveset for haxorus?

-Dragon Dance/Sword Dance (Dragon Dance if your worryed about speed or Sword Dance if you just want to hit hard)
-Dragon Claw/Out Rage(Take your pick for the main STAB move if you dont like being locked in Out Rage go with Dragon Claw)
-Earthquake(Second attack to deal with steel types)
-Taunt/Dragon tail(for blocking status moves or making Pokemon switch out)

Last edited:
Appologies if this is the wrong place to ask, but I figured this was a simple enough question. It's in regards to two Roselia I hatched the other day. I'm going with a moveset of Sleep Powder, Leaf Storm, Shadow Ball and Sludge Bomb.

The first one has perfect IVs in speed, special attack, special defence and HP. But it's got a 10 in defence.

The other has perfect IVs in speed, special attack and special defence. It's HP isn't as good (14), but it's defence is much better (24)

Because I'm indecisive and not familliar with this IV biz; Which one would be better to stick with?

I'd like some advice on training my shiny foongus. his nature is serious and his ivs are:
HP: 22
Attack: 20/21/22
Defense: 5/6/7/8/9
Special Attack: 11/13
Special Defense: 16/18
Speed: 0/2/4 :bawl:

How can you find out the IVs of a pokémon?

If you're on a certain level and you know exactly how many EV's your Pokemon has, an online IV calculator can usually help. Lower level 'mons can usually get a rough estimate.

To get a good look at your stats, use something to boost your Pokemon's level like Battle Subway or automatic Lv. 100 battles.
Then plug and chug into the calculator using natures too.

The Judge in Emerald, Platinum, HG/SS and B/W will give you a rough ballpark figure of how good your Pokemon's IV's are and he'll tell you whichever IV is highest [If multiple IVs are highest, he'll tell you all of them, at least in Black and White.]]

I know that in HG/SS, some opposing trainers have held items on their pokémon.

If I were to steal a leftovers from Koga's Swalot on one go through of the E4, could I keep doing that to "farm" leftovers?

Hello everybody!! I'm here with another simple moveset question. My lv 29 Dwebble wants to learn Rock Slide. It already knows Bug Bite, Strength, Dig, and Smack Down. I want Dwebble to know at least one Rock-type move. I'm aware that Rock Slide has a much higher base power, but with Smack Down I can pull off a "combo" and use Dig on Flying-types. Is the "Smack Down>Dig" combo worth as much as the extra base power? Thanks

Hello everybody!! I'm here with another simple moveset question. My lv 29 Dwebble wants to learn Rock Slide. It already knows Bug Bite, Strength, Dig, and Smack Down. I want Dwebble to know at least one Rock-type move. I'm aware that Rock Slide has a much higher base power, but with Smack Down I can pull off a "combo" and use Dig on Flying-types. Is the "Smack Down>Dig" combo worth as much as the extra base power? Thanks

1 Dig is a horrible choice and leaves you wide open for an earthquake. And if you are ever going to use it against other people, you're risking them switching to something else even if you smacked down the flyer.

2 Rock is super effective against flying types. Why are you wasting type bringing them down to use a ground type attacks? Not to mention it gets stab so rock type attacks are 1.5 times as strong by default.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom