• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Simple Answers 3

HeartGold or Diamond?

• HeartGold

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • Diamond

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I played through my Black runthrough pretty quick, and seemingly for that reason my Black City is very lowly populated. I literally have only 3 trainers outside the main buillding, and said building only sells Fresh water and a Leafstone or something. Is there any way to broaden their selection, or is it preset and unchangeable by normal means?

The Judge in Emerald, Platinum, HG/SS and B/W will give you a rough ballpark figure of how good your Pokemon's IV's are and he'll tell you whichever IV is highest [If multiple IVs are highest, he'll tell you all of them, at least in Black and White.]]

Where is the IV guy in Black and White anyway?
Side Note: I've just beaten Pokemon White and I don't really know where to start. Any suggestions?

Where is the IV guy in Black and White anyway?
Side Note: I've just beaten Pokemon White and I don't really know where to start. Any suggestions?

In the battle subway, right after you go through the door. Since yo just beat the game, you may have missed him as he only shows up then.

Well there are a few new routes and cities to explore. You should probably start by going through the Marvelous Bridge and Route 15 to get to White Forest to salvage whatever may be left of the town.

I played through my Black runthrough pretty quick, and seemingly for that reason my Black City is very lowly populated. I literally have only 3 trainers outside the main buillding, and said building only sells Fresh water and a Leafstone or something. Is there any way to broaden their selection, or is it preset and unchangeable by normal means?

The only way to get more people/items is to find someone who has white or if you have a 2ed DS and white.To get people from the other person's White Forest to you'r Black City you must go to there White Forest using the C-gear and Entralink and talk to people in their forest and they will go to you'r city.

But if there is no one around with White or you don't have 2 DS's you can't do anything..........

Last edited:
is there anything special about the house by the pal park

No, I don't think there is any thing special about the house in HG/SS but in D/P/PT there is a man that will give you good items based on you'r Pokemon's levels.

ok i need some help figuring out some breeding..

i want a zorua female to know dark pulse/extrasensory/snarl/night daze.

i have a female smeargle with dark pulse/extrasensory/snarl/night daze, and a male zoroark with night daze/flamethrower/nasty plot/foul play. what do i have to do/breed with to get a female zorua with the female smeargle's moveset? :S

i'm so tired i can't connect the breeding lines correctly (@n-)

Sometimes when I'm catching a Pokemon the ball will make a strange "swoosh" sound as it flies through the air. The ball then only shakes once before the Pokemon is caught.

Why?

ok i need some help figuring out some breeding..

i want a zorua female to know dark pulse/extrasensory/snarl/night daze.

i have a female smeargle with dark pulse/extrasensory/snarl/night daze, and a male zoroark with night daze/flamethrower/nasty plot/foul play. what do i have to do/breed with to get a female zorua with the female smeargle's moveset? :S

i'm so tired i can't connect the breeding lines correctly (@n-)

Well, first of all, you'll need a female Zorua/Zoroark to breed Zorua offspring. If you had a male Smeargle with dark pulse/extrasensory/snarl/night daze, then you would only need the female Zorua/Zoroark to know Night Daze. The offspring would inherit Dark Pulse and Extrasensory as egg moves (learned only from the father), Snarl as a TM move (learned only from the father), and Night Daze since both parents know it.

1 Dig is a horrible choice and leaves you wide open for an earthquake. And if you are ever going to use it against other people, you're risking them switching to something else even if you smacked down the flyer.

2 Rock is super effective against flying types. Why are you wasting type bringing them down to use a ground type attacks? Not to mention it gets stab so rock type attacks are 1.5 times as strong by default.

No offense, but I wasn't asking about Dig. My Dwebble knows Dig just to cover other weaknesses like Steel and Rock. The "Smack Down>Dig" combo is just a bonus, and I was asking if it's worth it to keep Smack Down over Rock Slide. Plus, Dwebble has a high enough Defense, and if a Pokemon used Earthquake on it, it wouuldn't be super-effective (despite the fact that Earthquake would deal double damage). :p

But I see where you're coming from. It does seem like a waste of time to do the "Smack Down>Dig" combo when I can just go ballistic and use Rock Slide (especially when Rock Slide has STAB). But just to be clear, you're saying to leave Smack Down for Rock Slide, right? :confused: Thanks

Last edited:
Hacked pokemon in wi-fi battle tower

Okay I need to get to rank 5 in the wi-fi battle tower to get a ribbon. Is it okay to use hacked pokemon like a wondertomb? Would I get ban from wi-fi if i do?

~ Please help and reply

Re: Hacked pokemon in wi-fi battle tower

no. i used hacked pokemon before, and i didn't get banned.

Is there any explanation why the move Extrasensory have such a high base PP, when it quite a good move with high accuracy and power?

Well, first of all, you'll need a female Zorua/Zoroark to breed Zorua offspring.

yes i realize that, hence why i'm trying to get the moves onto a female.

If you had a male Smeargle with dark pulse/extrasensory/snarl/night daze, then you would only need the female Zorua/Zoroark to know Night Daze.

so basically i wasted my time getting those moves onto a female then? :S and well i'll need to 1st breed a female zorua, i was trying to get around needing to level up a zorua so many levels for night daze..

The offspring would inherit Dark Pulse and Extrasensory as egg moves (learned only from the father), Snarl as a TM move (learned only from the father), and Night Daze since both parents know it.

but how would i get snarl on there then? i don't have the tm (i sketched the move from a japanese male zorua that's only like level 1). The male i'm using to be the father doesn't know the move :dumb: i thought i could get around this with smeargle..

either i'm just too tired to fully understand or i'm missing something here.

comments in bold.

Is there any explanation why the move Extrasensory have such a high base PP, when it quite a good move with high accuracy and power?

Nope besides that its pretty much out classed by Psychic as most Pokemon that can learn Extrasensory can learn Psychic too.

I'm honestly not sure why, but maybe it's because not a lot of Pokemon can learn it (compared to other moves like Flamethrower & Ice Beam). Extrasensory is a Psychic-type move, and there's a ton of Psychic-type pokemon who can't learn it.

If you look in the trivia section of this move's Bulbapedia entry http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Extrasensory_(move), they make a reference to its power and PP:

"Aside from Magnitude 8, 9, and 10, this move currently has the highest base power of any move with a base PP of 30 or greater."

But this is just me guessing. You should probably get another answer before you fully accept it.

EDIT: Guess I over thought the question... :dumb: Take Shirajira's answer lol :embarass:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom