• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Simple Answers 3

HeartGold or Diamond?

• HeartGold

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • Diamond

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope besides that its pretty much out classed by Psychic as most Pokemon that can learn Extrasensory can learn Psychic too.

Ah I see, thanks.

I'm honestly not sure why, but maybe it's because not a lot of Pokemon can learn it (compared to other moves like Flamethrower & Ice Beam). Extrasensory is a Psychic-type move, and there's a ton of Psychic-type pokemon who can't learn it.

If you look in the trivia section of this move's Bulbapedia entry http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Extrasensory_(move), they make a reference to its power and PP:

"Aside from Magnitude 8, 9, and 10, this move currently has the highest base power of any move with a base PP of 30 or greater."

But this is just me guessing. You should probably get another answer before you fully accept it.

EDIT: Guess I over thought the question... :dumb: Take Shirajira's answer lol :embarass:

Hehe, no problem. I see your point. But it still doesn't make any sense why it have such a big base PP. Some Pokémon that can learn it cannot learn Psychic however, but it still doesn't give an explanation why it's base PP is 30. It was just a curious question I've always had; just wondered if it was a real explanation to it, lol. :))

ok i need some help figuring out some breeding..

i want a zorua female to know dark pulse/extrasensory/snarl/night daze.

i have a female smeargle with dark pulse/extrasensory/snarl/night daze, and a male zoroark with night daze/flamethrower/nasty plot/foul play. what do i have to do/breed with to get a female zorua with the female smeargle's moveset? :S

i'm so tired i can't connect the breeding lines correctly (@n-)

Correct me if I am wrong; but Zorua cannot learn Extrasensory or Dark Pulse with a Smeargle as a father. Or anyone as a father. Bulbapedia says that Zorua can only learn Extrasensory with Vulpix, Ninetales, Nuzleaf or Shiftry as a father. And a Zorua can only learn Dark Pulse with Lucario or Weavile as a father. <- And this means a legal single Zorua cannot have BOTH Extrasensory and Dark Pulse.

Since Snarl is a TM, it's much easier if you find that TM and use it on Zorua after it hatched. Night daze can be passed down my either a male of female Pokémon that can breed with Zorua since Zorua can learn it via level up. I'm not totally sure that a female can transfer the move down but since you got a male Zoroark it shouldn't be a problem.

Edit:
I read something about the TM Snarl that I didn't know... So, to get you a Zorua with Snarl and Dark Pulse/Extrasensory, it'll be sort of twisted.

If I understand correctly, the TM itself is not released yet, if Bulbapedia is up to date; which means you'll have to get a male Smeragle with Snarl or wait for the TM to be released.

If you don't want to wait...
Since the father Pokémon will have to know both Snarl and Extrasensory/Dark Pulse (2. If the male Pokémon knows a TM or HM move that the offspring can learn, the offspring will have that move.) you'll have to get a male Nuzleaf, Shiftry or Weavile with Snarl and Extrasensory/Dark Pulse, since Vulpix and Lucario cannot learn Snarl.

Which means you'll have to breed:
Male Smeragle with Snarl -> Female Nuzleaf/Shiftry/Weavile with Extrasensory/Dark Pulse or that you level up the offspring until it learns Extrasensory/Dark Pulse.

Offspring: Male Nuzleaf/Sneasel(which you have to evolve to a Weavile) with Snarl and Extrasensory/Dark Pulse.

Get a ditto, breed it with your Zoroark. Offspring: female Zorua with Night Daze.

Breed the male Nuzleaf/Weavile that knows Snarl and Extrasensory/Dark Pulse with the female Zorua that knows Night Daze and the offspring will hopefully be a Zorua with Snarl, Extrasensory/Dark Pulse and Night Daze.

This stuff was very confusing so I might be wrong. I suggest you either wait or use the trade forum here to get some help.

Last edited:
Hello everybody!! I'm here with another simple moveset question. My lv 29 Dwebble wants to learn Rock Slide. It already knows Bug Bite, Strength, Dig, and Smack Down. I want Dwebble to know at least one Rock-type move. I'm aware that Rock Slide has a much higher base power, but with Smack Down I can pull off a "combo" and use Dig on Flying-types. Is the "Smack Down>Dig" combo worth as much as the extra base power? Thanks

do you have the earthquake tm yet? put earthquake in for dig, and teach it rock slide. the super effective stab of rock slide against flying types is better than smack down followed by 2 turn dig. or teach it stone edge, which should ohko most non steel flying types and volcarono.

do you have the earthquake tm yet? put earthquake in for dig, and teach it rock slide. the super effective stab of rock slide against flying types is better than smack down followed by 2 turn dig. or teach it stone edge, which should ohko most non steel flying types and volcarono.

I don't have the Earthquake TM as of yet, but I'll keep my eyes open for it. I just taught Dwebble Rock Slide, and I'll replace Smack Down with Dig (or any good Ground-type move) until I get Earthquake. I might even teach it Stone Edge later on. Thanks!

Can the Mystery Egg event be Soft-Reseted to get the desired pokemon?

I don't have the Earthquake TM as of yet, but I'll keep my eyes open for it. I just taught Dwebble Rock Slide, and I'll replace Smack Down with Dig (or any good Ground-type move) until I get Earthquake. I might even teach it Stone Edge later on. Thanks!

Earthquake is in the tower extension of the Relic Castle.

I need to know a good ev spread and moveset for my litwick. it has a Timid Nature, It's Characteristic is that It is alert to sound, and its Iv's are
HP:26
ATK:14-16
DEF:17-20
SP.A:2-4
SP.D:22-24
Spd-26

Correct me if I am wrong; but Zorua cannot learn Extrasensory or Dark Pulse with a Smeargle as a father. Or anyone as a father. Bulbapedia says that Zorua can only learn Extrasensory with Vulpix, Ninetales, Nuzleaf or Shiftry as a father. And a Zorua can only learn Dark Pulse with Lucario or Weavile as a father. <- And this means a legal single Zorua cannot have BOTH Extrasensory and Dark Pulse.

Since Snarl is a TM, it's much easier if you find that TM and use it on Zorua after it hatched. Night daze can be passed down my either a male of female Pokémon that can breed with Zorua since Zorua can learn it via level up. I'm not totally sure that a female can transfer the move down but since you got a male Zoroark it shouldn't be a problem.

Edit:
I read something about the TM Snarl that I didn't know... So, to get you a Zorua with Snarl and Dark Pulse/Extrasensory, it'll be sort of twisted.

If I understand correctly, the TM itself is not released yet, if Bulbapedia is up to date; which means you'll have to get a male Smeragle with Snarl or wait for the TM to be released.

If you don't want to wait...
Since the father Pokémon will have to know both Snarl and Extrasensory/Dark Pulse (2. If the male Pokémon knows a TM or HM move that the offspring can learn, the offspring will have that move.) you'll have to get a male Nuzleaf, Shiftry or Weavile with Snarl and Extrasensory/Dark Pulse, since Vulpix and Lucario cannot learn Snarl.

Which means you'll have to breed:
Male Smeragle with Snarl -> Female Nuzleaf/Shiftry/Weavile with Extrasensory/Dark Pulse or that you level up the offspring until it learns Extrasensory/Dark Pulse.

Offspring: Male Nuzleaf/Sneasel(which you have to evolve to a Weavile) with Snarl and Extrasensory/Dark Pulse.

Get a ditto, breed it with your Zoroark. Offspring: female Zorua with Night Daze.

Breed the male Nuzleaf/Weavile that knows Snarl and Extrasensory/Dark Pulse with the female Zorua that knows Night Daze and the offspring will hopefully be a Zorua with Snarl, Extrasensory/Dark Pulse and Night Daze.

This stuff was very confusing so I might be wrong. I suggest you either wait or use the trade forum here to get some help.

yes, very confusing :S oy don't remind me about curse/gyro ball/earthquake/amnesia torkoal @_o now that was hard D:

well smeargle can easily sketch Snarl (that's what i did to get it on a female smeargle) so i wouldn't really have to wait, but it'd make it much easier >.<

and i've already tried to pass down night daze via ditto, but it won't work as its not an egg move, both parents need to know it to pass it down. :eek:hdear:

If something is in the Ground egg group (which Zorua is), a male Smeargle can pass down any combination of egg moves. I've done it once in Pearl to get a Vulpix with both Energy Ball and Hypnosis (which wasn't strictly required since Stantler can learn both, but Smeargle was easier for me), so assuming that there were no changes betweem Gen IV and V, you can get both Extrasensory and Dark Pulse on a male Smeargle and breed it with a female Zorua/Zoroark to get a Zorua with both Extrasensory and Dark Pulse.

The only way to get more people/items is to find someone who has white or if you have a 2ed DS and white.To get people from the other person's White Forest to you'r Black City you must go to there White Forest using the C-gear and Entralink and talk to people in their forest and they will go to you'r city.

But if there is no one around with White or you don't have 2 DS's you can't do anything..........

What about the item selection? Is there any way to broaden that?

What about the item selection? Is there any way to broaden that?

Same way as the trainers get more people to your Black City and the more people you have means the more items you can buy.

The easy way is to get an AR and use the view EV/IVs cheat, but otherwise you have to have kept a record of each of your Pokemon's EVs and see how it is on the IV calculator.

If something is in the Ground egg group (which Zorua is), a male Smeargle can pass down any combination of egg moves. I've done it once in Pearl to get a Vulpix with both Energy Ball and Hypnosis (which wasn't strictly required since Stantler can learn both, but Smeargle was easier for me), so assuming that there were no changes betweem Gen IV and V, you can get both Extrasensory and Dark Pulse on a male Smeargle and breed it with a female Zorua/Zoroark to get a Zorua with both Extrasensory and Dark Pulse.

Wow, I didn't really know that, it's quite interesting, and very useful. o_O

How do I check my pokemon's IVs?

I find this calculator very useful: http://www.psypokes.com/dex/iv.php
It's easy, and you don't have to fill in that much fact; and hopefully it shows IVs as much as correct as the other calculators do.

No offense, but I wasn't asking about Dig. My Dwebble knows Dig just to cover other weaknesses like Steel and Rock. The "Smack Down>Dig" combo is just a bonus, and I was asking if it's worth it to keep Smack Down over Rock Slide. Plus, Dwebble has a high enough Defense, and if a Pokemon used Earthquake on it, it wouuldn't be super-effective (despite the fact that Earthquake would deal double damage). :p

But I see where you're coming from. It does seem like a waste of time to do the "Smack Down>Dig" combo when I can just go ballistic and use Rock Slide (especially when Rock Slide has STAB). But just to be clear, you're saying to leave Smack Down for Rock Slide, right? :confused: Thanks

I know you weren't but I can't process people using two turn moves without an herb (and I don't even know if that helps dig).

No. Sorry to be confusing. ^^; I was saying go with rock slide.

Krookodile Moveset Advice

Firstly, apologies if this is in the wrong place. I think this is the correct place but I'm not 100%.

Anyway, so my Krookodile had this moveset:

Crunch
Bulldoze
Brick Break
Rock Tomb

Anyway, it levels up and learns Foul Play, which uses the opponent's attack stat. Which moves should stay and which move should go? I don't know whether Foul Play is worth learning and if so, I'm not sure which move is worth dropping.

Re: Krookodile Moveset Advice

Wow. Gama out of the Writers Block :D

Anyway I think Rock Tomb but it all depends on the rest of your team. Plus Foul Play is quite a situational move.

Also you should look for the ingame thread in the battle stratagies and tactics thread next time :)

Re: Krookodile Moveset Advice

Wow. Gama out of the Writers Block :D

Anyway I think Rock Tomb but it all depends on the rest of your team. Plus Foul Play is quite a situational move.

Also you should look for the ingame thread in the battle stratagies and tactics thread next time :)

Haha, yes, I go on occasional brief excursions. I'll probably do three or four more posts outside of the Workshop and then you won't see me outside of there for another couple of months.

Thanks for the advice, I think I will do that actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom