• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Simple Answers 3

HeartGold or Diamond?

• HeartGold

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • Diamond

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've done everything in white and now thinking of getting black. Before though, I want to model out a team and want an ice type. I have it between Beartic and Cryogonal and was wondering what you think I should pick? I know Beartic has higher HP attack and defense while Cryogonal has higher sp. attack sp. deffense and speed, but he also has levitate to make him immune to ground type moves. So which do you think I should choose?

Re: Beartic or Cryogonal?

I found Cryogonal to hit harder, and its speed is excellent. If you keep it away from physical attackers (which would destroy it instantly if they hit it), you have a very excellent Pokemon.

Re: Beartic or Cryogonal?

Cryogonal is as frail as they come, one physical hit and he's down. He might just need Reflect AND Acid Armor to stand a chance.
But he's fast and packs a strong Ice Beam with that high Special Attack. He's got a strange movepool though and he could be used as special wall with Toxic.

Sweeper:
Ice Beam
Flash Cannon
Confuse Ray
Reflect/Acid Armor

Wall:
Toxic
Protect
Light Screen/Recover
Ice Beam/Frost Breath

Beartic only option is pretty much all-out attack. His speed is a bit of a problem though.

Icicle Crash
Stone Edge
Brick Break
Hone Claws

With Hone Claws you can increase the power and the accuracy of Stone Edge and Icicle Crash. And with Stone Edge and Brick Break you can fend of most of his weaknesses (fire,steel,rock).

Re: Krookodile Moveset Advice

Firstly, apologies if this is in the wrong place. I think this is the correct place but I'm not 100%.

Anyway, so my Krookodile had this moveset:

Crunch
Bulldoze
Brick Break
Rock Tomb

Anyway, it levels up and learns Foul Play, which uses the opponent's attack stat. Which moves should stay and which move should go? I don't know whether Foul Play is worth learning and if so, I'm not sure which move is worth dropping.

dont use foul play, chances are you krookodile will have a much higher attack than your target (base 117 attack is rally good) and crunch is better than it in the long run despite the power drop. a ground and rock attack work well together for coverage also.

I know you weren't but I can't process people using two turn moves without an herb (and I don't even know if that helps dig).

No. Sorry to be confusing. ^^; I was saying go with rock slide.

Ohhh ok, so basically: stay away from 2-turn moves like Dig (I also checked Bulbapedia; the Power Herb does helps Dig). I'll just get the Earthquake tm and teach it to Dwebble. Got it! Thanks

Ohhh ok, so basically: stay away from 2-turn moves like Dig (I also checked Bulbapedia; the Power Herb does helps Dig). I'll just get the Earthquake tm and teach it to Dwebble. Got it! Thanks

Yeah. If you divide the power of two-turn moves by two, then that gives you the effective power per turn. Most ground moves will give you better coverage and more power than Dig will.

Yeah. If you divide the power of two-turn moves by two, then that gives you the effective power per turn. Most ground moves will give you better coverage and more power than Dig will.

When it comes to power, only Drill Run (very limited), EQ, Bonerang (signature move of Cubone and Marowak) and Earth Power (special) out-power Dig in gen5 (Magnitude and Fissure don't count)

And in-game Dig is very useful, the AI is an idiot and don't switch/EQ you when you're underground*. 4 out of my 6 party members knew it at one point. It is also very useful as a ground move until you get EQ. Which is quite late in the game, it's post-E4 IIRC.

So Dig is very much usable in-game in gen5.

*Therefore diving whit 2 is pointless and give an inaccurate outcome.
1 You hide
1 Opponent miss
2 You hit
2 Opponent hit

It's effectiveli the same as Protect+Drill Run as far as in-game is concerned. And combine it with something like Leech Seed on the grass monkey and you have a good combo.

Okay, I know that as long a pokemon gains Exp., it will also gain EV's. All of them get full EV's.

Now, while I have my doubts on this, if one of the pokemon had a EV boosting item, would all the pokemon that got exp get the boosted amounts? I doubt it, but eh.

Also, Bulbapedia failed to tell me where to get Magmarizer on B/W.

Last edited:
Okay, I know that as long a pokemon gains Exp., it will also gain EV's. All of them get full EV's.

Now, while I have my doubts on this, if one of the pokemon had a EV boosting item, would all the pokemon that got exp get the boosted amounts? I doubt it, but eh.

Just the one pokemon.

Also, Bulbapedia failed to tell me where to get Magmarizer on B/W.

I don't remember where I got it in-game, but you can get one from the rare item guy on Route 13.

Does Masuda Method come into effect If I import a Japanese Ditto from my HG into my Black and breed with it?

Ok, this is a serious question that has caused way too many useless Soft-resets with me:

This is the setup: In my copy of Pokemon White, I'm in a Double Battle. The enemy fained both my Pokemon in the same turn, and I'm at the Pokemon select screen. I choose one Pokemon, but if I choose the next, the game won't let me choose it, saying "(The Pokemon) can't be switched out!". So I'm stuck at the select menu indefinitelly, and I'm forced to reset. This has happened three times to me, once during an Infrared, one during Wi-fi, and the last one during an in-game Double Battle.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? And is there anyway to stop this from happening?

Does Masuda Method come into effect If I import a Japanese Ditto from my HG into my Black and breed with it?
Yes, it should if you breed the Japanese Ditto with a non-Japanese Pokémon.
Ok, this is a serious question that has caused way too many useless Soft-resets with me:

This is the setup: In my copy of Pokemon White, I'm in a Double Battle. The enemy fained both my Pokemon in the same turn, and I'm at the Pokemon select screen. I choose one Pokemon, but if I choose the next, the game won't let me choose it, saying "(The Pokemon) can't be switched out!". So I'm stuck at the select menu indefinitelly, and I'm forced to reset. This has happened three times to me, once during an Infrared, one during Wi-fi, and the last one during an in-game Double Battle.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? And is there anyway to stop this from happening?
When you select a Pokémon, it should say "Shift". You need to switch it with the fainted Pokémon in the front of your party. It happens in Triple Battles, too.

What game is the easiest to beat? I'm trying a Nuzlocke but I always fail...

P.S. - If this should go somewhere else, sorry. This thread is pretty active, so I thought I'd get a quicker answer here.

If I breed psycho cut onto my Spinda, then get it to learn sucker punch, will my Pawniard be able to inherit both egg moves at once?

This happens to me in triple battles all the time in-game (and I think I did the Sky Drop Glitch by mistake recently too). I have no idea why or how to fix it.

If I breed psycho cut onto my Spinda, then get it to learn sucker punch, will my Pawniard be able to inherit both egg moves at once?
According to the Dex, through my interpretation, passing down psycho cut may only work with the abra line. Don't trust me 100% on this though.

This happens to me in triple battles all the time in-game (and I think I did the Sky Drop Glitch by mistake recently too). I have no idea why or how to fix it.

According to the Dex, through my interpretation, passing down psycho cut may only work with the abra line. Don't trust me 100% on this though.

I think you might be right, thanks.

What game is the easiest to beat? I'm trying a Nuzlocke but I always fail...

P.S. - If this should go somewhere else, sorry. This thread is pretty active, so I thought I'd get a quicker answer here.

Depends what you mean by easy. BW offers the easiest gym leaders, the most places to heal, and a variety of pokemon, so I'd say go with BW.

Yes, if the breeding system is the same as in gen4.

I keep catching Litwicks in the Celestial tower because I need a Flamebody/Magma armor Pokemon to hatch eggs with, and despite Flame body being listed as a natural ability for that Pokemon on Bulbapedia, out of more than ten captures I've had a grand total of zero that had the ability. Is the site wrong, or should I search someplace else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom