• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Simple Answers 3

HeartGold or Diamond?

• HeartGold

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • Diamond

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a quick question, may seem stupid but it kinda bugs me

If I breed two pokemon with a move, one learns it through leveling up and the other through a tm, what type of precedence does it take on the child. Like if I breed a female fearow with aerial ace and a pokemon that learned it through a TM, is aerial ace treated as a TM or level up on the spearow's priority

Is it just me, or is Pokemon White geared toward female pokemon? Ever since I got Oshawott (female), 80% of all my pokes are female. Not even including the male/female only Pokemon. Whenever I meet a new pokemon it seems I get a stupidly high chance of it being female. (Hope I'm not restating) Is anyone else having this "situation"?

EDIT: 200th post!:party:

What exactly are the chances of a Female DW Ability Pokemon bred with a Male in the same Egg Group not Passing on the DW Ability?

What exactly are the chances of a Female DW Ability Pokemon bred with a Male in the same Egg Group not Passing on the DW Ability?
The chance of a DW ability being passed down is 40% and not being passed down would be 60%.

Is anyone else having trouble tucking in a Pokemon? I am getting an error. 13204. Which means that either the server is so populated that I can't get in, or that Nintendo Wi-Fi is temporarily down. I cannot get into the Dream World if I can't get a Pokemon tucked in. >:\

Are breeding mechanics for move inheriting from father to child different in Black and White? I bred the Blastoise I brought from Pearl and it only passed on Protect, while a Charizard didn't give crap to the Charmander egg- something that's never happened before with any of my eggs in the past two generations. :O

Are breeding mechanics for move inheriting from father to child different in Black and White? I bred the Blastoise I brought from Pearl and it only passed on Protect, while a Charizard didn't give crap to the Charmander egg- something that's never happened before with any of my eggs in the past two generations. :O

post more details dude like what moves the male had (mechanics are the same but don't forget that some TM's have changed so old TM's don't get passed down unless they're proper egg moves)

I have a quick question, may seem stupid but it kinda bugs me

If I breed two pokemon with a move, one learns it through leveling up and the other through a tm, what type of precedence does it take on the child. Like if I breed a female fearow with aerial ace and a pokemon that learned it through a TM, is aerial ace treated as a TM or level up on the spearow's priority

I don't really see why that matters, but on this page at Bulbapedia: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Egg_move
It says leveling up move is first on the list, however, it doesn't say that the list is written in a priority way.

Is it just me, or is Pokemon White geared toward female pokemon? Ever since I got Oshawott (female), 80% of all my pokes are female. Not even including the male/female only Pokemon. Whenever I meet a new pokemon it seems I get a stupidly high chance of it being female. (Hope I'm not restating) Is anyone else having this "situation"?

EDIT: 200th post!:party:

All my 10 (yeah, I don't catch very many Pokémon :p) are male. So I guess that just your luck.

post more details dude like what moves the male had (mechanics are the same but don't forget that some TM's have changed so old TM's don't get passed down unless they're proper egg moves)

Well, for example my Blastoise had Hydro pump, which while not a TM, could be passed down in earlier generations (having bred a Squirtle from one on SS myself), but it wasn't passed down, and neither were the three other moves it had. But if you so wish, I'll post their respective movesets:

Charizard: Fire Fang, Dragon Rage, Wing Attack, Slash

Blastoise: Bite, Water Pulse, Hydro Pump, Protect

Are most of these moves no longer TM ones?

Well, for example my Blastoise had Hydro pump, which while not a TM, could be passed down in earlier generations (having bred a Squirtle from one on SS myself), but it wasn't passed down, and neither were the three other moves it had. But if you so wish, I'll post their respective movesets:

Charizard: Fire Fang, Dragon Rage, Wing Attack, Slash

Blastoise: Bite, Water Pulse, Hydro Pump, Protect

Are most of these moves no longer TM ones?

your charizard has no egg moves or TM's in gens 4 or 5 so that won't know any new moves when hatched

blastoise can pass down hydro pump if the female knows it too as it's a "level up" move (they are passed down if both parents know it) - water pulse is no longer a TM & bite isn't an egg move or TM - protect is the only move that will be passed down as it's still a TM

Hmm, that's weird. When I bred one of my other Blastoise with a Feraligatr whose level wasn't even high enough for Hydro pump, it still passed it on (albeit in SoulSilver). Oh well, hurts less to not think it too deep.

And that question was answered some posts ago. But thanks anyway.

I noticed that now. I don't know what happened that it convinced me there were no more pages at the time. Sorry about that. ._.

Is it better to full on EV train a Pokemon or level them up through the story mode?

I'm asking because I want to start a new Pearl file and use a level 5 Jirachi as my starter. I don't want to waste a Jirachi if doing the adventure with it would get worse stats than if I EV trained it.

If you're only going to be using it in game, it doesn't really matter. If you're planing on ever using that jirachi against anyone else, I would suggest ev training.

EV training gives you better stats in the end every single time. Just fighting whatever comes at you will give you random evs so you are more likely to put them into stats you don't need and, since there is a limit, waste. There are ev reducing berries in that game though so you could technically start from scratch if you would rather level it in game. You might have to plant and water to get enough though.

I'll check my platinum book since my diamond/pearl book is wreaked.
Ok,so you're ether hacked or kicked from playing by using abnormal pokemon.

So does that mean I can't use hacked pokemon? Or using hacks to beat pokemon in one hit?

So my friends and I are new to the idea of competitive Pokemon and are trying to figure out how to be efficient. Do people usually just do lvl 50 or lvl 100 battles once they have the guys they want, or do you actually train them or cheat to get to lvl 100?

I've seen people saying HP Ice, HP Grass, HP Ground and stuff like that.. What does that even mean?

The type and power of Hidden Power when it is used by a Pokemon, say

Audino, if it was to learn Hidden Power, it would be say, Grass, and let's say, due to the fact it doesn't have the best IVs for a Hidden Power of 70, that it has 65.

Ok?

I have just recently joined and quickly realized that there is a lot of slang that I don't understand on here. What are some commonly used slang terms on here and what do they mean?
Like what is a "perfect" Pokemon and when people say "egg moves" do they mean any egg moves or just good ones for those pokemon?
Sorry if this is too general.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom