• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Simple Answers 3

HeartGold or Diamond?

• HeartGold

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • Diamond

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the late reply, but what do you mean "they rigged the catch rate?" The catch rate for Pikachu's always the same for every game, and in Yellow (the one that was in question), you can't even meet it in the wild.

Basically, the question boils down to this:

Because the Pikachu in Yellow is holding a Light Ball when transfered to G/S/C, does that mean it's stats are better than the Pikachus in R/B/G/S/C.

At least, I think that's what the original question is.

Yeah, and it was answered a while ago.

Are Pokemon from the Dream World given set stats when they're transferred, or can you SR for better IVs?

Yeah, and it was answered a while ago.

Are Pokemon from the Dream World given set stats when they're transferred, or can you SR for better IVs?

save before you go pick it up & you can SR for natures/IVs (not shininess though)

Oh, I just figured they'd always be the same and picked one up soon as I got it. Pretty damn bad stats, but I guess it's taught me to SR for them, too.

Oh, I just figured they'd always be the same and picked one up soon as I got it. Pretty damn bad stats, but I guess it's taught me to SR for them, too.

yeah i did that with my first 2 on B/W (lickitung & bellsprout) but all the others i SR'd for decent natures - they can be RNG'd i think but i wouldn't know where to start with that...

I'm trying to breed a Skarmory that has both Roost and Whirlwind. I have a Pidgeot that knows both these moves, so I tried to breed them, but for some reason I keep hatching a Skarmory that has only the move Whirlwind, and not the move Roost. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, could someone help me?

I'm trying to breed a Skarmory that has both Roost and Whirlwind. I have a Pidgeot that knows both these moves, so I tried to breed them, but for some reason I keep hatching a Skarmory that has only the move Whirlwind, and not the move Roost. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, could someone help me?

that should've worked. are you sure it knows both moves?
the only other thing i can think of is to nab yourself a female DW skarmory that knows roost and breed it with the pidgeot as moves both parents know will be for sure passed down in this instance.

EDIT: just checked the bulbapedia page for roost and according to that, Skarmory don't get Roost via breeding. Only by TM in gen 4 and by DW in gen 5.

that should've worked. are you sure it knows both moves?
the only other thing i can think of is to nab yourself a female DW skarmory that knows roost and breed it with the pidgeot as moves both parents know will be for sure passed down in this instance.

EDIT: just checked the bulbapedia page for roost and according to that, Skarmory don't get Roost via breeding.

Some error at bulbapedia then, because here it says it does: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Skarmory_(Pokémon)#By_breeding

And btw, a female Pokémon can only pass down moves that is learn via level up by the offspring.

Some error at bulbapedia then, because here it says it does: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Skarmory_(Pokémon)#By_breeding

And btw, a female Pokémon can only pass down moves that is learn via level up by the offspring.

Well then which one is right, because based on what the OP said, even when their Pidgeot knew both moves, and was male, Roost didn't pass down, so i'm going on a guess that the Roost page is right, and Skarm's breeding section is false.

EDIT: my best bet is that Skarm can learn it through breeding in gen 4 since TM moves pass down, but not in gen 5 and that it was mistakenly carried over on the page format. Although the OP didn't state which gen they were breeding. so idk.

I think you're right there. It still bothers me that they listed Roost as en egg move when it can be learn via TM, just as Pluck and be learn via TM but it's not listed in the egg move list...

Anyway, you should report this... somewhere.

I think you're right there. It still bothers me that they listed Roost as en egg move when it can be learn via TM, just as Pluck and be learn via TM but it's not listed in the egg move list...

Anyway, you should report this... somewhere.

hmm...i might be able to mention it on the discussion page of either skarmory's or Roost's pages, though i know there is some strict editing rules going on right now, so idk :S

We're going a little off topic here but... Maybe here? http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=39604&page=100

its not so far off topic as its a flaw spotted through a question we were both trying to best answer correctly or thats how i'm spinning it.

maybe, guess i'll drop a link or something on that page.

and to add to my own Q's what is significant about sending the DW pokemon that are in Entree forest deeper into the forest? is it just to save space at the front or what?

Last edited:
True.

I also have a question. I just breed a male Toxicroak with a ditto, why doesn't my offspring get the moves my Toxicroak got? Since Croagunk can learn it via level up? Some months ago, I breed my Houndoom with a ditto and then my offspring got Houndoom's moves, for example, flamethrower. Why...?

True.

I also have a question. I just breed a male Toxicroak with a ditto, why doesn't my offspring get the moves my Toxicroak got? Since Croagunk can learn it via level up? Some months ago, I breed my Houndoom with a ditto and then my offspring got Houndoom's moves, for example, flamethrower. Why...?

That should have worked.

Is there no way to battle six on six with the Flat Rules at the wi-fi club?

Thanks in advance.

That should have worked.
no it shouldn't

True.

flamethrower is a TM ergo it was passed down - only egg moves & TM's are passed through a ditto no others

the bulbapedia page regarding egg moves explains it way better but the rough rules are:

egg move = passed down
both parents know it & learnt via level up = passed down
TM = passed down

keep in mind that some TM's & level up moves are actually "egg moves" for that pokemon - steel wing in gen 4 is commonly passed down as an "egg move" by the game (you can tell it's a true egg move due to the order of the moves) even though it's a TM

i hate to say this but sadly serebii has far more accurate data regarding egg moves than bulbapedia - somebody that knows what they're doing & has enough time on their hands really needs to clean up the lists...

in the meantime anyone can VM me if they're unsure about details on egg moves - it's one part of the game that i really enjoy & if i don't know the answer i'll find it out

no it shouldn't
flamethrower is a TM ergo it was passed down - only egg moves & TM's are passed through a ditto no others

the bulbapedia page regarding egg moves explains it way better but the rough rules are:

egg move = passed down
both parents know it & learnt via level up = passed down
TM = passed down

keep in mind that some TM's & level up moves are actually "egg moves" for that pokemon - steel wing in gen 4 is commonly passed down as an "egg move" by the game (you can tell it's a true egg move due to the order of the moves) even though it's a TM

i hate to say this but sadly serebii has far more accurate data regarding egg moves than bulbapedia - somebody that knows what they're doing & has enough time on their hands really needs to clean up the lists...

in the meantime anyone can VM me if they're unsure about details on egg moves - it's one part of the game that i really enjoy & if i don't know the answer i'll find it out

Ah, I see. I'll look around a bit on serebii next time I'm looking up egg moves.

Thanks! :)

So, I bought SoulSilver the other day. For some reason, it won't connect to the GTS (or anything Wi-Fi enabled, for that matter.) However, it all works perfectly fine on my Pokemon Black card. I just put a Pokemon to sleep with no problems. All connection tests pass on the SoulSilver card's wireless settings. But I still cannot get Wi-Fi to work on that card when I switch back to that game.

Advice? :bawl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom