• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Simple Answers 3

HeartGold or Diamond?

• HeartGold

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • Diamond

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
To add a pointless counterpart to Swagger.

but wouldn't Punishment take advantage of it, just in a smaller way? Like if you Swaggered the opponent til they had +6 Atk, you could +6 their special attack and do more damage?

or am i thinking of another move?

That's also dangerous as hell, considering the opponent could snap out and kill you in a jiffy with its increased stat.

And again the last post in the page gets no attention rule grows ever plausible...

Flatter COULD be useful if your opponent was a physical attacker and you didn't want to risk getting a big hit from Swagger's Attack boost. I've also seen it used to boost a teammate's Special Attack in double battles (of course, the teammate needs something to stop getting confused like Own Tempo or a Persim berry).

Thats whats weird! I left the Grotle and Ditto in the day care the whole time. Otherwise I couldn't get Turtwig eggs, right? I hope my game isn't broken.

you've taken it out & placed it back in the daycare at some point

Flatter COULD be useful if your opponent was a physical attacker and you didn't want to risk getting a big hit from Swagger's Attack boost. I've also seen it used to boost a teammate's Special Attack in double battles (of course, the teammate needs something to stop getting confused like Own Tempo or a Persim berry).
Why not just use another confusing move in the first case?
you've taken it out & placed it back in the daycare at some point
When the parent forgets the move in the day care, it stops being passed. Happened with my Totodiles.

When the parent forgets the move in the day care, it stops being passed. Happened with my Totodiles.

not in gen 4 & 5

my deino is at level 94 been in since level 1 & it still passes down all 4 egg moves (dark pulse / fire fang / thunder fang / ice fang) despite not knowing them any more - same happens in gen 4 with all the other countless egg moves & TM's i've bred: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/blog.php?b=16440

(if we're talking about gen 3 or below then hey this is the wrong thread...)

One question:
Does the Cell Battery work with the ability Motor Drive? If it does, that would make for an awesome Electivire.

One question:
Does the Cell Battery work with the ability Motor Drive? If it does, that would make for an awesome Electivire.

"Motor Drive also prevents a Cell Battery from activating." So, no.

I'm too lazy and risque-phobic to actually try this with one of my shiny Pokemon, but when sent to the Dream World, do they retain their alternate coloring? And do unrevealed Pokemon like Meloetta and Genesect get blocked on the server?

I'm too lazy and risque-phobic to actually try this with one of my shiny Pokemon, but when sent to the Dream World, do they retain their alternate coloring? And do unrevealed Pokemon like Meloetta and Genesect get blocked on the server?

there is no shiny dw artwork , so no, they look like normal pokemon to everyone. when brought back they do retain their shininess though.

I have a small question: When hatching a shiny Pokemon, will it sparkle when it comes out of its egg, or will it just cry like any other Pokemon? Ive never had a successful Masuda attempt, so I want to know if it will be immediately recognisable by sound when/if I do, since I tend to not watch the screen when Im hatching in bulk. Thanks.

I a quick question..
With vitamins, they still give only a 100 EVs even with pokerus?

I have a small question: When hatching a shiny Pokemon, will it sparkle when it comes out of its egg, or will it just cry like any other Pokemon? Ive never had a successful Masuda attempt, so I want to know if it will be immediately recognisable by sound when/if I do, since I tend to not watch the screen when Im hatching in bulk. Thanks.

It will be the shiny color, but it does not make a sparkle.

I a quick question..
With vitamins, they still give only a 100 EVs even with pokerus?

Pokerus only doubles battle EVs.

I've had this problem for a while, and it shows no signs of ever wanting to stop, so I want to know if this is an issue for everyone that's gotten a Pokemon off the Dream World.

Y'see, I went and befriended a Farfetch'd off the site over an hour ago, and in more than 3 dozen resets I've found that while the individual IVs do change with each reset, they all either come in the same range (in this case, "decent all around") regardless, or are set so they only change in distribution, and are overall identical in total amount. I've had a good amount of experience SR'ing, and never before has this kind of shit happened so many times in a row. Is something off with my game, or like I theorized, is it something wrong with my game?

Can someone give me a brief description of what Ulgamoth's cry sounds like? I need to know it for a sort-of fanfic I'm writing and I want it to be in as much detail as possible. I haven't got to that part of the game yet, so I'd like to know.

Why do some pokemon "avoid my attack" even though said attack has 100% accuracy?
It's just so annoying because it seems to be happening a lot more in Gen5 than previous games and very often at crucial times.
I was one victory away from the Subway boss in Super Singles when my opponent's Mandibuzz "avoided" my Galvantula's Thunder (It has Compoundeyes) THREE times in a row and then it got a Critical Hit EVERY time it used Air Slash and I lost.
If a move has 100% accuracy then I'm expecting it to hit 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom