• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Simple Answers 3

HeartGold or Diamond?

• HeartGold

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • Diamond

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question 1: As I understand 999 is the item limit, what will happen if I have, for example, have 999 Ultra Balls, and then win an Ultra Ball at either the Lottery or Solaceon Town. Will he says something "but you have no room for it right now" like they do with the eggs or... what?

Question 2: To change Shaymin's form in Platinum, do I have to be the OT?

As I understand 999 is the item limit, what will happen if I have, for example, have 999 Ultra Balls, and then win an Ultra Ball at either the Lottery or Solaceon Town. Will he says something "but you have no room for it right now" like they do with the eggs or... what?
I *think* it goes in a second pile of Ultra Balls separate from the maxed one. Don't quote me on that, though.

I *think* it goes in a second pile of Ultra Balls separate from the maxed one. Don't quote me on that, though.
It does. There should be some sort of eventual item limit due to space running out in the save file though, but I've never hit it.
Question 2: To change Shaymin's form in Platinum, do I have to be the OT?
Given all the Event Shaymin that were released, I'd assume no.

Can Johto pokeball (like heavy ball) be traded to sinnoh games?

Nope, I think they will just turn into normal Pokeballs or something as there is no data for them in Sinnoh games.

While they do turn into normal Pokeballs when traded to DPP, they turn back into the ball they originally were upon being traded back to HG/SS. Something to do with the coding.

Nope, I think they will just turn into normal Pokeballs or something as there is no data for them in Sinnoh games.
While they do turn into normal Pokeballs when traded to DPP, they turn back into the ball they originally were upon being traded back to HG/SS. Something to do with the coding.
To clarify, Apricorn balls can't be held by Pokémon, so can't be traded to begin with. The 'ball caught in' views them as ordinary Poké Balls in DPPt since DPPt doesn't recognise them.

It does. There should be some sort of eventual item limit due to space running out in the save file though, but I've never hit it.

Given all the Event Shaymin that were released, I'd assume no.

Thank you. I don't seem to be able to get the item though. I could be that it have already been used though. Or that is it at night right now for me?

Thank you. I don't seem to be able to get the item though. I could be that it have already been used though. Or that is it at night right now for me?
The Shaymin doesn't happen to be from Diamond or Pearl, does it? Due to DP Shaymin being obtainable by surfing out of the Elite 4, DP Shaymin are handicapped and cannot unlock the Gracidea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom