• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Simple Answers 3

HeartGold or Diamond?

• HeartGold

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • Diamond

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
can you trade between the dsi and the 3ds , like if you put heart gold in a dsi and soul silver in a 3ds , can you trade between them ?

Quote: "The game is programmed so that Reshiram, Zekrom and certain Victini will never be encountered Shiny. However, like all Pokémon, these Pokémon have Shiny sprites."

So does this mean (the obvious) in that there is no legitimate way of getting them shiny at all?

my question is can you get better stats by giving your pokemon vitamins at lower levels or does it just max out at level 100?

Egg Saving?

I heard that once you get an egg that it's already pre-set..does this mean nature and gender? And if it was shiny? And if I was to save all my eggs than hatch them, would I 100 percent get the same Pokemon? Including IV's, Gender, Nature and shinyness/non-shinyness? Even if I reset the game after saving?

stupid qeustion coming up

how can i delete my current game???

the booklet says pressup on thr control pad, the B button and selecty...... but it wont delete :(

ok nevermind.... i got it right now...

Last edited:
Re: Egg Saving?

I heard that once you get an egg that it's already pre-set..does this mean nature and gender? And if it was shiny? And if I was to save all my eggs than hatch them, would I 100 percent get the same Pokemon? Including IV's, Gender, Nature and shinyness/non-shinyness? Even if I reset the game after saving?
Everything is set once you get the egg - IVs, Gender, Nature, Shinyness, Ability. Everything. You'd have to save BEFORE collecting the egg for it to be different.

Re: Egg Saving?

Everything is set once you get the egg - IVs, Gender, Nature, Shinyness, Ability. Everything. You'd have to save BEFORE collecting the egg for it to be different.
Not everything. Everything involving the PID is set once the egg is generated (which is as soon as the Daycare man turns left or right). This includes gender, nature, shininess, ability, Unown letter, Spinda spots, and anything else PID has an effect on. IVs are calculated as soon as the egg is received so you could save before getting the egg and soft reset for IVs. That is the only thing that will change about the egg after it has been generated.

This is probably a really silly question, but on Pokemon Pearl, do you need to have the National Pokedex in order to download the shiny Suicune from the WiFi event? I'm only at the third Gym and there's no way I'll be able to finish the game before the event ends. Will there be another chance to obtain Zoroark, eg another European WiFi event especially for Black and White?

This is probably a really silly question, but on Pokemon Pearl, do you need to have the National Pokedex in order to download the shiny Suicune from the WiFi event? I'm only at the third Gym and there's no way I'll be able to finish the game before the event ends. Will there be another chance to obtain Zoroark, eg another European WiFi event especially for Black and White?

definitely not - i only have 7 badges on pearl & no national dex but i managed

Hey, I'm looking for good advice how to use these (anti)EV-berries. I got a Pokémon, not sure where the EVs are. Do I have to use like 17 berries at each stat (except the ones I want to train) to be completely sure there is no EVs left on them?

Also, if I got 101 EV points in... say attack. Will the first berry make it 100 EVs left on it, or just 1?

Hey, I'm looking for good advice how to use these (anti)EV-berries. I got a Pokémon, not sure where the EVs are. Do I have to use like 17 berries at each stat (except the ones I want to train) to be completely sure there is no EVs left on them?

Also, if I got 101 EV points in... say attack. Will the first berry make it 100 EVs left on it, or just 1?

At most, you'll need to use 11 berries in each stat to clear them. The first berry will bring the EV of that stat down to 100. The other 10 will decrease the EV of that stat by 10 each time.

At most, you'll need to use 11 berries in each stat to clear them. The first berry will bring the EV of that stat down to 100. The other 10 will decrease the EV of that stat by 10 each time.

Oh, so even if the stat is 255 it will bring it down to 100 and not 155? That's what I always thought. ;P

Thank you very much! =))))

Can a female zoroark from the shinny trio event breed for a zoura egg?

Quote: "The game is programmed so that Reshiram, Zekrom and certain Victini will never be encountered Shiny. However, like all Pokémon, these Pokémon have Shiny sprites."

So does this mean (the obvious) in that there is no legitimate way of getting them shiny at all?

Yes.

Are Zorua and Zorark afflicted by the same program?

I have no idea what this means, and I don't think anyone else here does either.

my question is can you get better stats by giving your pokemon vitamins at lower levels or does it just max out at level 100?

Vitamins give your Pokémon 10 EVs in a stat, up to a total of 100 EVs per stat and 510 EVs overall. Giving Pokémon vitamins at lower levels when their EVs are (usually) low just decreases the amount of work you have to do to max out their EVs. Giving them vitamins at higher levels when you've been using the Pokémon for a while is not likely to work, as their EVs will probably be over 100 by that point, and if they're still under 100, it just decreases the work needed to get high EVs. Using vitamins on a level 100 Pokémon is the only way to increase its stats (unless it has 100 or more EVs), as level 100 Pokémon don't gain EVs from battling (except in Generation V).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom