• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Simple Answers 3

HeartGold or Diamond?

• HeartGold

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • Diamond

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I understand this is where this question goes:
I bought my copy of Pokemon Black today from Gametraders (in Australia), but when I got home and popped it into my DS I realized that it was the EU version, not the AU one?! Has this happened to anyone else? Why would they sell a different region's version? And of course, will I be able to use it to receive Australian Pokemon events?

I recently caught my zoroark and been training it. It was pretending to be my scrafty, and my zoroark got hit by a mega punch.. But it didn't say it was very effective! What happened?

I recently caught my zoroark and been training it. It was pretending to be my scrafty, and my zoroark got hit by a mega punch.. But it didn't say it was very effective! What happened?

mega punch is a normal type move not a fighting type move.

Do badges really raise your pokemon's stats? Like does the badge that Lt. Surge gives you actually raise your pokemon's speed? Or are they just saying that?

IIRC, in Gen. I badges did raise the stats of the pokemon in your party at the time of earning the badge. I know it was said in the games, the manuals, & the guides. I do recall testing it out a few times, & in Gen. I for example the thunder badge would act as a free carbos on all the pokemon in your party. From Gen. II onwards, iirc, they never ever mentioned stats being raised by badges again, so I assume it was just a Gen. I thing. Could also be a Gen. II thing but I haven't played those in a decade. But for sure Gen. III onwards the badge bonuses ceased.

Also, if you're a PokeSpec manga lover, the plot revolved around getting the gym badges cuz they did make pokemon stronger & the manga is based off the games, so it was definitely present in GRBY.

So I'm planning on farming the Larvesta Egg and I was curious if anyone knew how close to the building I can save without locking it's nature. Any idea anyone?

IIRC, in Gen. I badges did raise the stats of the pokemon in your party at the time of earning the badge. I know it was said in the games, the manuals, & the guides. I do recall testing it out a few times, & in Gen. I for example the thunder badge would act as a free carbos on all the pokemon in your party. From Gen. II onwards, iirc, they never ever mentioned stats being raised by badges again, so I assume it was just a Gen. I thing. Could also be a Gen. II thing but I haven't played those in a decade. But for sure Gen. III onwards the badge bonuses ceased.

Also, if you're a PokeSpec manga lover, the plot revolved around getting the gym badges cuz they did make pokemon stronger & the manga is based off the games, so it was definitely present in GRBY.

Gen2 Jasmine claims that her badge raises your Pokémon defense.

Does not being able to connect to nintendo Wi-Fi Center have anything to do the actual game cartrige it's self?.

Depends. If you got on Wi-Fi with the cartridge on a different DS then you won't be able to connect on the new one without deleting your settings. Each cartridge saves the settings of the DS it first gets on Wi-Fi with so that it can connect more easily.
If you haven't been able to connect at all, try going into the Wi-Fi setup at the main menu when you start the game and test the connection.

how do you get past the web blocking the entrance to chargestone cave?

You need to defeat Clay first. He'll tell you to go wait at the entrance and will then break the web for you.

EV training question

My starter = X (Maxxed EVs)
New pkmn (0 EVs) = Y
New pkmn (0 EVs) = Z

I encounter a wild pokemon that gives 1 EV in defense.

I send out X to fight

X defeats wild pokemon

Y and Z both hold exp share.

Y and Z each get exp.

Y and Z each get 1 EV in defense.

Correct or incorrect?

PKMN Black and White will be my first attempt at EV training.

I know how macho brace, pkrs, and other stuff works. Just wanted to clarify this exp share thing, i've read mixed stuff.

Thanks in advance

-p0002q

Afterline of the story mode, that detective guy says there's some sages left is that true or was he talking crazy? Also do you get to have a rematch with N anytime soon? because his final battle music was epic

Afterline of the story mode, that detective guy says there's some sages left is that true or was he talking crazy? Also do you get to have a rematch with N anytime soon? because his final battle music was epic

There are 6 sages in six different routes. each gives you a TM. and i dont think you battle N again either.

This one might be a bit tougher...

So while training my Archen in Relic Castel, I ran into a Yamask and the first thing it did was Will-O-Wisp. So my Archen got burned, obviously, reducing it's Attack Stat by half. Then my Archen's life went below Half of it's full HP, and it's Ability, Defeatist kicked in lowering it's Attack Stat by half again.

Now here's my question. How does that calculate? Does it go like... It halves it's attack due to burn, then taking that halved attack from the Burn and halving it again with Defeatist?

Or Half + Half = 100% Minus Attack?

When breeding with a flawless Ditto, what are the chances the offspring will be flawless?

Does the TRU Celebi that was last distributed have the ability to unlock the TR event and the Zoura event?

Does the TRU Celebi that was last distributed have the ability to unlock the TR event and the Zoura event?

Any Fateful Encounter Celebi will trgger the Team Rocket Boss event in HG/SS, and as long at the Celebi has a fateful encounter flag and Original Trainer/ID # of WIN2011 0221 or WIN2011/HVR2011/INV2011 01211 is should unlock Zorua in B/W. i'm not sure about the Norway Spaceworld Celebi though.

Is there any way to rematch trainers in BW like how you did with a VS Seeker type of item?

When breeding with a flawless Ditto, what are the chances the offspring will be flawless?

Short answer: Not good at all.

Longer answer: Two IV's are passed down from one parent, one from the other, and the rest are generated randomly. Assuming the other parent is flawless as well, the chances of the random IV's being 31 would be 1/32 x 1/32 x 1/32, or 1/32768.

Short answer: Not good at all.

Longer answer: Two IV's are passed down from one parent, one from the other, and the rest are generated randomly. Assuming the other parent is flawless as well, the chances of the random IV's being 31 would be 1/32 x 1/32 x 1/32, or 1/32768.

So I guess giving the Power items to the parents would be better.

um i dont know if anyone has asked this but i was messing around on my trainer card in pokemon white version, and i cant change my trainer class back to 'pkmn trainer' does anyone know how to do it???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom