• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Simple Answers 3

HeartGold or Diamond?

• HeartGold

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • Diamond

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the Rocky Helmet Stack with the Rough Skin Ability?

Yes. The item and ability are two separate factors.

Likewise, if Take Down or another self-damaging move is used on the Pokemon that is holding the Helmet then the attacker will not only get hurt by the Helmet, but also by the self-damaging move.

Also, just like with Rough Skin, if the Helmet holder is attacked by a repetitive move such as Double Slap, the attacker will get hurt by the Helmet for every time Double Slap hits.

I'm having trouble getting some ribbons in HG. My date it set for thursday, I go to Arthur and he says "I'm Arthur of Thursday! I'm the second in a line of seven siblings!" and thats it, how do I get the ribbon?

I'm having trouble getting some ribbons in HG. My date it set for thursday, I go to Arthur and he says "I'm Arthur of Thursday! I'm the second in a line of seven siblings!" and thats it, how do I get the ribbon?

Have you met all the siblings at least once? If not then you have to meet all of them at least once. Have you changed the date/ time on your DS or are using a different DS? Changing the date or time on your DS or changing DS's can cause the siblings to believe that they have already given one ribbon.

Victini's Victory Star ability says (on Bulbapedia's Victory Star ability page) that it "raises the Accuracy of both the user and its partners by 10% in double and triple battles." Does this mean that in a 2-on-2 battle or a 3-on-3 battle, a 90% accuracy move (like Zen Headbutt) will become 99% accuracy or will it become 100% accuracy for that move (not including any moves that the foe might use like Sand Attack)?

Where can I buy timer balls in Black and White?

I heard a rumour that hidden power dark means your pokemon has flawless IVs, is this true? and if so is it still true in B/W?

I heard a rumour that hidden power dark means your pokemon has flawless IVs, is this true? and if so is it still true in B/W?

no

a pokemon with 31/31/31/31/31/31 will have HP dark but so will other IV combos

no

a pokemon with 31/31/31/31/31/31 will have HP dark but so will other IV combos

ah ok! so it could maybe be flawless, but at the same time there are other IV combinations it could have to make it HP dark - thanks!

In pokemon black, how do I know I've reached my maximum EVs on a pokemon?

What is the best way to level grind before the E4 first time? Seeing as you cannot rematch regular trainers, is the only hope to simply grind wild pokemon?

Victini's Victory Star ability says (on Bulbapedia's Victory Star ability page) that it "raises the Accuracy of both the user and its partners by 10% in double and triple battles." Does this mean that in a 2-on-2 battle or a 3-on-3 battle, a 90% accuracy move (like Zen Headbutt) will become 99% accuracy or will it become 100% accuracy for that move (not including any moves that the foe might use like Sand Attack)?

It will be 99%. It adds 10% of the accuracy of the move, not a flat 10%. Same goes for Compoundeyes, except it's 30%.

As for my question, I beat the 4th gym (Elesa?) and cleared routes 5 and 16. What is an acceptable level range for that part of the game? Because I'm told I'm horribly overleveled; my starter is at lv 38 and my Musharna is at lv 34.

Last edited:
Respectable level is about 27. I got there with six 24 lv pokemon. But if you are only doing a two Pokemon club, it is fine.

Yeah, those levels are fine F-22. My four pokemon were at 33-34, and I went through it easily, most trainers were at 20-25. (Also, I don't think you can be "overleveled". You can be more prepared than most :D)

Anybody know how to get to anville town, its killing me trying to find out, and also does any body got any maps of abyssal ruins, i need to now the quick routes through the it to get the items:ksmile:

Anybody know how to get to anville town, its killing me trying to find out, and also does any body got any maps of abyssal ruins, i need to now the quick routes through the it to get the items:ksmile:

You need to take the Battle Subway in Nimbasa City to get to Anville. I've seen some video walkthroughs of Abyssal Ruins on YouTube but I haven't seen any maps of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom