• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Simple Answers 3

HeartGold or Diamond?

• HeartGold

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • Diamond

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
um i dont know if anyone has asked this but i was messing around on my trainer card in pokemon white version, and i cant change my trainer class back to 'pkmn trainer' does anyone know how to do it???

Is there a VS Seeker in Black Version because I want to retrain my pokemon so they're strong enough to face the E4 who went up to the level 70s area

There is none. If you want to verify though, just look at the VS. Seeker page.

The way that they compensate for the loss of the VS. Seeker is by giving daily battles where you can gain experience.

Just not the same ... Although, the battles once you beat the E4 and story N, they go up in levels pretty quickly. While Ghetitis was at top 54, once you get the White Forest or Black City, you hit low to mid 60s. In White Forest, there is a triple battle with lv 65 Pokemon.

How can I tell my pokemon's IVs? I talked to the guy in the battle subway who I think tells you about the IVs and he said "This Pokemon has relatively superior potential overall." what does that mean? It sounds good though.

How would one wipe settings on their game cartridge when switching to a new DS?

And is ribbon data kept on BW at all? I'm not asking about if ribbons are present, just if the data is

EDIT: Disregard this. Looks like I didn't look at the search results closely enough

Last edited:
The 'Online' lights in my C-Gear seem to be perpetually stuck as red ever since I switched from a WEP-encrypted wireless router to the USB Wi-Fi Connector. Anyone else have this problem? Wi-Fi Connection works fine when requested, but the light never turns green.

I have a feeling this is a dumb bug in the game, not taking into account Wi-Fi Connector when deciding if the connection settings are 'correct'.

So is there any way you can increase the chances of a Shaky Patch/Shifting Sand/Surfing Spot in Black/White? Or is it just pure random chances?

How can I tell my pokemon's IVs? I talked to the guy in the battle subway who I think tells you about the IVs and he said "This Pokemon has relatively superior potential overall." what does that mean? It sounds good though.

To get your IVs correctly the Pokémon should be at lvl 100 (or 50 I think). Then you use a IV Calculator, my favorite is this one: http://www.psypokes.com/dex/iv.php

When you battle with a person over Wi-Fi, and if you choose lvl 50/100, you can go on summary and put in the stats in the calculator and then find out the IV, even for a lvl 1 Pokémon. When you fill in lvl in the calculator, if you take your summary when it is in lvl 100, you need to put it as lvl 100 in the calculator as well.

Enjoy. =) http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Individual_values Here can you read more about IVs.

For IVs do you have to keep track of EVs?

To get a correctly IV calculation; yes. But I've calculated it without knowing, and just have zero at each and I think it works pretty good, if you just want to know if they're kinda high or low.

To get a correctly IV calculation; yes. But I've calculated it without knowing, and just have zero at each and I think it works pretty good, if you just want to know if they're kinda high or low.

Or I can catch it and automatically go into a Lv 100 battle and check them that way, correct?

um i dont know if anyone has asked this but i was messing around on my trainer card in pokemon white version, and i cant change my trainer class back to 'pkmn trainer' does anyone know how to do it???

You can't.

How I can tell the power of my pokemon's hidden power?

If you just want to know the type, there's an NPC in the Gen IV and V games who will tell you. He's in the Veilstone Game Corner prize exchange in Platinum (He doesn't seem to exist in Diamond & Pearl), the Celadon Game Corner prize exchange in HGSS, and the Mistralton Pokémon Center in Black & White.

Is there a way to breed a pokemon with two possible abilities so that it has a greater chance of hatching with a certain ability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom