• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Simple Answers 3

HeartGold or Diamond?

• HeartGold

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • Diamond

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a lot of problems using the GTS in SoulSilver recently. I connect to the wifi and a message saying I was "disconnected and am returning to the counter." Did Gamefreak take down the 4th Gen GTS already?
Happened to me today, also on SoulSilver O_O
I thought my Wi-Fi was just messed up or something... but I can still trade with people over Wi-Fi, I traded with someone a few hours ago.

EDIT: Yup, it defenatley isn't working, I just tried it. I landed in the room and the message "checking GTS status" came up and then it said "You were disconnected from the GTS. Returning to the reception counter." and I disconnected... Now I'm pretty danm pissed

Last edited:
So I wonder about IVs and breeding. Will IVs of the father and/or mother be transfered down to the offspring? Will it be the fathers or the mothers IVs? Or will the offspring get completely random IVs?

I've heard some people do SR for eggs, do they got to the man in the BT to check the IVs or what do they do; really?

Would be glad if someone could help me out. =)))

Happened to me today, also on SoulSilver O_O
I thought my Wi-Fi was just messed up or something... but I can still trade with people over Wi-Fi, I traded with someone a few hours ago.

EDIT: Yup, it defenatley isn't working, I just tried it. I landed in the room and the message "checking GTS status" came up and then it said "You were disconnected from the GTS. Returning to the reception counter." and I disconnected... Now I'm pretty danm pissed

Yeah, you're not the only ones, I know several SPPf members noticed this too. In the manuals, it did say that they could withdraw the service at any time.

The servers could be turned off due to reduced power in Tokyo.

Quick question

When breedng with ditto, it acts as the opposite gender. Can egg moves be passed on when breeding with a ditto.

Quick question

When breedng with ditto, it acts as the opposite gender. Can egg moves be passed on when breeding with a ditto.

Nope, but I have had TMs and HMs pass down when Ditto Breeding in the past. But that was Gen. 2. Don't know if that's changed or not.

Quick question

yes

if your other pokemon is male it will treat the ditto as a female & pass down any egg moves to the baby (if your other one is female they don't pass down egg moves)

I was EV training a pokemon of mine that I had hatched.
It was a level one so I swiched into a level hundred during the battle so it could beat the pokemon I was training on. Does this effect my Evs I gain? I could really use a an answer and if you could how much it reduces the EVs.

Yeah, you're not the only ones, I know several SPPf members noticed this too. In the manuals, it did say that they could withdraw the service at any time.

The servers could be turned off due to reduced power in Tokyo.

Yeah, that makes sense. I hope that once everything is cleared up in Japan that it'll go online again. At least its a good reason.

I was EV training a pokemon of mine that I had hatched.
It was a level one so I swiched into a level hundred during the battle so it could beat the pokemon I was training on. Does this effect my Evs I gain? I could really use a an answer and if you could how much it reduces the EVs.

All Pokémon that gain exp. get EVs. So if you kill a Pokémon that gives you three EVs in speed, all Pokémon that gained exp. will get three EVs in speed. If you aren't lvl 100 or already maxed out of EVs.

It doesn't reduce your EV.

Eh, I am almost certain the only way to share EV is with the exp share. Simply gaining experience doesn't share EV.

Eh, I am almost certain the only way to share EV is with the exp share. Simply gaining experience doesn't share EV.

But it's the same thing. With exp. share, BOTH the Pokémon you battle with and the one holding exp. share will get exp. and EV. The same thing is, if the first one in party holding a macho brace for example, when battle start, switch it to another Pokémon. After battle both will gain exp. and EV.

Or am I wrong?

thanks

weird that that doesnt happen in HGSS. I wonder why they decided to just add the extra pokemon to the pokedex.

Because it annoyed people that they could only have things in the regional dex before beating the game... at least it did me when I tried trading a bellossom into mine because I didn't know better at the time. :c

I'm having a lot of problems using the GTS in SoulSilver recently. I connect to the wifi and a message saying I was "disconnected and am returning to the counter." Did Gamefreak take down the 4th Gen GTS already?

It may or may not be that. Some people (including me) have had plenty of wifi errors in the new game recently as well.

So I wonder about IVs and breeding. Will IVs of the father and/or mother be transfered down to the offspring? Will it be the fathers or the mothers IVs? Or will the offspring get completely random IVs?

I've heard some people do SR for eggs, do they got to the man in the BT to check the IVs or what do they do; really?

Would be glad if someone could help me out. =)))

Some are random, three can be passed from the parents (one, either, or both). Using a power item on a parent will guarantee that iv is passed down from HGSS onward. If you put a different power item on both parents, it picks which one it transfers at random.

yes

if your other pokemon is male it will treat the ditto as a female & pass down any egg moves to the baby (if your other one is female they don't pass down egg moves)

Genderless also works. I've had rotom pass down a move because it was a tm.

All Pokémon that gain exp. get EVs. So if you kill a Pokémon that gives you three EVs in speed, all Pokémon that gained exp. will get three EVs in speed. If you aren't lvl 100 or already maxed out of EVs.

It doesn't reduce your EV.

In BW you can still gain evs at 100 if they aren't maxed.

But it's the same thing. With exp. share, BOTH the Pokémon you battle with and the one holding exp. share will get exp. and EV. The same thing is, if the first one in party holding a macho brace for example, when battle start, switch it to another Pokémon. After battle both will gain exp. and EV.

Or am I wrong?

You're not wrong. Gaining exp from rare candies, daycare, or the pokewalker does not give you evs but gaining it in battle does.

If someone in gen.V traded me the gamestop celebi without using it to get the Zorua, could I use it to get said Zorua?

Can anyone find my secret id?

I saw something a while ago which told me how to dertemin my secret ID through a shiny. seeing as i had no shiney pokemon what so ever i ignored it. i got a new shiney herdier and i know it involved stats so here they are:
Hp:95
Attack:66
Defense:50
Sp.Atk:27
Sp.Def
Speed:61

anything else you need just say.

Wait, you can't unlock the Zorua/Zoroark using the Poke Transfer?

Re: Can anyone find my secret id?

I don't think a Secret ID can be found that way. You can never actually see it through normal game play.

Re: Can anyone find my secret id?

I saw something a while ago which told me how to dertemin my secret ID through a shiny. seeing as i had no shiney pokemon what so ever i ignored it. i got a new shiney herdier and i know it involved stats so here they are:
Hp:95
Attack:66
Defense:50
Sp.Atk:27
Sp.Def
Speed:61

anything else you need just say.

You'll need to find its IVs in order to deduce your secret ID. Smogon has a pretty good guide for this, so here you are.

Wait, you can't unlock the Zorua/Zoroark using the Poke Transfer?

Currently, there's a lot of conflicting information on whether or not shiny beasts & Celebi sent through Poké Transfer retain the necessary flags for the Zorua & Zoroark events. In order to be absolutely safe, they should only be sent through the Relocator.

Currently, there's a lot of conflicting information on whether or not shiny beasts & Celebi sent through Poké Transfer retain the necessary flags for the Zorua & Zoroark events. In order to be absolutely safe, they should only be sent through the Relocator.

Actually I just checked Bulbapedia and it seems to indicate that they'll still work if they're Transferred instead of Relocated. The Relocator is only there so you can get them before the National Dex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom