• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Simple Answers 3

HeartGold or Diamond?

• HeartGold

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • Diamond

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my Gold, I have "junk" mail in my pc, made up of weird symbols. I also have many room decorations that I did not obtain through mystery gift (including an unown doll which is only obtainable through Stadium 2, which we do not have). Is the internal battery almost dead?

Can you only pass down one parent's IVs at a time using the Power Items? I bred two Mienfoo with flawless HP, Attack, and Speed, one holding a Power Bracer and the other a Power Anklet, and the offspring only inherited the Speed IVs and not the Attack ones. It has a 7 in Attack so I assume the IVs must be close to 31, but the IV checker only mentioned its Speed. :confused:

EDIT: I got another one that inherited HP and Attack, but not Speed.

Last edited:
Ok, So I just tried the relocator. I have Celebi and the Crown Beasts in my party. Do they have to be in my box for it to work? (they still have their berries as well)

Ok, So I just tried the relocator. I have Celebi and the Crown Beasts in my party. Do they have to be in my box for it to work? (they still have their berries as well)
They still have their berries? How? I thought you couldn't send items. Anyways, for the Zorua event you do need the Celebi in your party, and for Zoroark you do need one of the crown beasts in your party (for both situations, they may need to be first, but I'm not sure).

I don't know if this has already been asked, but when in a Triple Battle, do all stat boosts remain in effect even when rotated out?
In Triple Battles, if you switch a Pokémon out (return it to its Pokeball), then it loses stat boosts like usual. If you mean rotating in rotation battles, then yes, they keep all stat boosts if you only rotate them.

If you're trying to use the Relocator with them in your Party, it won't work. It only transfers them if they're in your box. If they're holding items, it will remove the items and add them to your inventory.

Can you only pass down one parent's IVs at a time using the Power Items? I bred two Mienfoo with flawless HP, Attack, and Speed, one holding a Power Bracer and the other a Power Anklet, and the offspring only inherited the Speed IVs and not the Attack ones. It has a 7 in Attack so I assume the IVs must be close to 31, but the IV checker only mentioned its Speed. :confused:

EDIT: I got another one that inherited HP and Attack, but not Speed.
If both of the parents are holding Power Items, the IV that is inherited is randomly chosen between the two.

They still have their berries? How? I thought you couldn't send items. Anyways, for the Zorua event you do need the Celebi in your party, and for Zoroark you do need one of the crown beasts in your party (for both situations, they may need to be first, but I'm not sure).
I meant they were still on HeartGold. Sorry for the vagueness

If you're trying to use the Relocator with them in your Party, it won't work. It only transfers them if they're in your box. If they're holding items, it will remove the items and add them to your inventory.
Thank you very much! I got it to work. Interesting note: You don't battle Zorua, just pick the pokeball you want to catch it with and he joins your party. (now all I need is a dusk ball...)

Last edited:
In my Gold, I have "junk" mail in my pc, made up of weird symbols. I also have many room decorations that I did not obtain through mystery gift (including an unown doll which is only obtainable through Stadium 2, which we do not have). Is the internal battery almost dead?

i think this needs to be asked here to get an answer.

(though just so you know, i have the same deal in my copy of Gold. i do have Pkmn Stadium but i never hooked mine up to it so idk what's going on)

Not sure what you mean in regards to changing it back, you won't be able to change the Friend Code back to its previous Friend Code if that's what you meant since you have to register a new Friend Code whenever you use a game on a different DS since once you have your new Friend Code on your new DS, that'll be seen as the new link so provided you go back to your previous DS, you'll have to register a new Friend Code once again provided you want to use Wi-Fi features. However this will not hurt your game's progress or the Pokémon you've obtained at all.

I just mean i want to be able to use my own ds again later.
anyway the deed is done and went without incident. thank you all.

On GTS negotiations, is there a standard way to let people know you have pokerus? i have a feeling fewer of my trades would be turned down if people knew.

Is there no vs Seeker in B/W?

Last edited:
I have two questions

Does masuda method work in black with a transfered japanese ditto?

Two,Can effects like flame body be stacked to hatch eggs faster?

On GTS negotiations, is there a standard way to let people know you have pokerus? i have a feeling fewer of my trades would be turned down if people knew.

Is there no vs Seeker in B/W?

1) other than by spelling out pokerus with unown, no.

2) no there isn't.

I have two questions

Does Masuada method work in black with a transferred Japanese ditto?

Two,Can effects like flame body be stacked to hatch eggs faster?

1) if black isn't japanese then yes. (Yes also i think if black is Japanese and the pokemon the jap. ditto is breeding with isn't japanese)
2) no

pokevirus caught twice in wilds and shiny ampharos caught in wild

lol so i about 6 months ago i obtained a shiny mareep in the wild and caught. about a month later i noticed that my charizard, venusaur and lapras caught the pokevirus whilst training. i immediately put them in storage and havnt used them since out of fear i will loose the virus. now on the 1st day of playing since i stopped for the last couple of months i was shocked to find that my hariama, persian, blissy and surfing pikachu all caught the virus from a poliwag whilst ev training. anyone care to tell me the chances of that? ty :ching::ching::ching:

I recently got the event Arceus in HG, but I'm hesitant to which of the creation trio to make it create. Is there a bigger advantage/disadvantage to any of them?

I was wondering,how many tries would it take for the zorua to be shiny(the ingame get zorua to be exact)?

I was wondering,how many tries would it take for the zorua to be shiny(the ingame get zorua to be exact)?

Any Pokemon has a chance of being shiny with the 1/8192 chance. I don't think Zorua and Zoroark from the in-game event can be shiny.

I recently got the event Arceus in HG, but I'm hesitant to which of the creation trio to make it create. Is there a bigger advantage/disadvantage to any of them?

None of them really has any more advantage over the others than do the rest; they're all dragons, so they're all super-effective to each other, and none of their secondary types are super effective or not very effective against each other. The only issue I see is that both Dialga and Giratina's special moves take two turns to work, while Palkia's only takes one.

giratina is the "leader" of the trio but it's personal preference really - palkia is my favourite but giratina is probably the best option

it can't be shiny - your only hope is breeding a shiny one

Believe it or not, a good chunk of players already have pokerus so I don't think you'd be getting as much as you think any way. Nor do I think they are going to trade something good just because your something they don't actually want has pokerus.

At the time I went with giratina. I already had one of each with good stats and I believe the moves could have been relearned with any of them with heart scales (someone tell me if I am wrong) giratina's orb is not transferable from Platinum so it was the only way I could have gotten it into that game. If you have Black or White the thing is handed to you now. ._.

I have 3 shellos with 31 IVs in Attack and HP. Two are relaxed and one is serious. All three like to doze off. Which one should I breed to get the same results on a tynamo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom