• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Simple Answers 3

HeartGold or Diamond?

• HeartGold

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • Diamond

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everybody. I was told that questions about learning a new move would go here, so:

My lv 25 Pansear wants to learn Amnesia. I figure this would be a good move,, as pansear doesn't have a super high special defense stat. It already knows Flame Burst, Incinerate, Bite, and Cut. Obviously, I can't delete Cut right now, because it's an HM. I was thinking of deleting Incinerate (it's the weakest move), but it's added effect would come in handy when I'm battling gym leaders/E4 members (they all like to make their Pokemon hold berries). Should I just delete Incinerate?
Thanks

Incinerate is crap, and it's a TM, so if you actually wanted it for some reason you could just relearn it later, though I think it's from the Battle Subway. But it doesn't matter, since Incinerate is such a baaaaad moooooove.
Q: What thread explains in forum events like the boobs avatars? I wanna be in the know D:
Inb4 wrong forum. I already searched and couldn't find anything about it, so I figured I would just ask here.

Last edited:
Well, you can say here that leading Pokemon game has brought many signs for the change , I changed my battlefield name in the Pokemon star-cast. Can you please suggest me some leading secret to reach the new level in the Pokemon tubleon bridge.

You can't go down a level in the tubeline bridge. Although I suggest you ask this in the BW SQSA next time.

If a Pokémon have 31 IVs in both attack and defense, what characteristic will it get? Likes to thrash about or capable of taking hits?

If a Pokémon have 31 IVs in both attack and defense, what characteristic will it get? Likes to thrash about or capable of taking hits?
Well, let's see what Bulbapedia has to say!

In the event of a tie in highest IVs, the IV that determines the Pokémon's characteristic is decided in the following manner:

Start with the Pokémon's personality value mod 6. The result is an index number of a stat in this order: HP, Attack, Defense, Speed, Special Attack, Special Defense. In the event of a tie in IVs, the first IV checked is the IV corresponding to that index number. If that IV is not part of the tie, the game moves on to the next index number in the aforementioned order. If it goes past 5 (Special Defense), it wraps around back to 0 (HP). When the game finds an IV that is part of the tie, that is the IV that will determine the characteristic displayed.
So in short, there's pretty much no way to preemptively know short of hacking the game.

I didn't quite understand that and was hoping someone could explain it better.

The dude that gives you free props in Opelucid city hasn't given me any in weeks now, even though I haven't messed with the date/time whatsoever. What gives?

Has Lance ever had a legal team? (i.e. a team that anyone could get without hacking)

I find it very upsetting that in Crystal, he has three Dragonites BEFORE Level 55...

I tried asking this in the Dream World thread, but have received no answer that helped.

My game sync claims that it needs a day to recharge. Despite this, though, I have not played the game, let alone used the game sync, in almost three days, but it continues to give me this message.

I have accessed the Dream World with the DS I am currently using, and have not messed with the time. Anyone know what I could try?

The dude that gives you free props in Opelucid city hasn't given me any in weeks now, even though I haven't messed with the date/time whatsoever. What gives?

He only gives you four.

Has Lance ever had a legal team? (i.e. a team that anyone could get without hacking)

I find it very upsetting that in Crystal, he has three Dragonites BEFORE Level 55...

Why upsetting? Falkner uses an under leveled pidgeotto and most people ignore that. Yes you can find them in certain games like that but there are under leveled pokemon of many species. Maybe somewhere there are under leveled dragonites.

There was an event for one but you said anyone so technically no as the event is long over.

Incinerate is crap, and it's a TM, so if you actually wanted it for some reason you could just relearn it later, though I think it's from the Battle Subway. But it doesn't matter, since Incinerate is such a baaaaad moooooove.
Q: What thread explains in forum events like the boobs avatars? I wanna be in the know D:
Inb4 wrong forum. I already searched and couldn't find anything about it, so I figured I would just ask here.

Oh ok, got it. Somone else actually told me from research that the E4 members dont actually use berries. So Incinerate is out, I guess.

I tried asking this in the Dream World thread, but have received no answer that helped.

My game sync claims that it needs a day to recharge. Despite this, though, I have not played the game, let alone used the game sync, in almost three days, but it continues to give me this message.

I have accessed the Dream World with the DS I am currently using, and have not messed with the time. Anyone know what I could try?
Save, turn off the game, then wait until the next calendar day (when midnight rolls over) before trying Game Sync again. Do not save the game on a different DS, or you will have to wait another day.

Guillotine legal in competition?

The Pokemon competition is coming up here (Australia) so I was wondering if Guillotine is a legal move to use. I was reading the rules and it just stated that any move that is learned by leveling up is legal. Then went on to say sky drop is illegal.

Surely a move that OP would be banned? or is my shot at winning a group of 4 Guillotine able Pokemon?

Re: Guillotine legal in competition?

only reason for Sky Drop not being legal is because of its associated Glitch

so, you're good to go.
might not be the best strategy, but do what you think its fun, that's the purpose.

Re: Guillotine legal in competition?

Yeah, since this would be an unofficial competition, guillotine would be legal.

So I'm finally at the Dragon type gym in White :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
Anyway, What ice type(s) would be best against Iris and what pokemon could I use instead of those said Ice-types? (so I will not have to start training my level 15 ice types for no reason)

So I'm finally at the Dragon type gym in White :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
Anyway, What ice type(s) would be best against Iris and what pokemon could I use instead of those said Ice-types? (so I will not have to start training my level 15 ice types for no reason)

beartic is powerful but very slow - you can catch them outside dragonspiral tower in the dark grass (it should be winter in your game if the date is right) vanillish (caught in the same place) ain't bad but i'd stick with beartic

you could set up trick room & sweep with beartic but too much hassle for in-game imo just get a +Spe nature & grind up a few levels until fast enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom