• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Simple Answers 3

HeartGold or Diamond?

• HeartGold

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • Diamond

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How come I can't advance to rank 3 in the battle tower? In pearl? I'm using a Wondertomb by the way. PLEASE HELP ME!

How come I can't advance to rank 3 in the battle tower? In pearl? I'm using a Wondertomb by the way. PLEASE HELP ME!
I'll check my platinum book since my diamond/pearl book is wreaked.
Ok,so you're ether hacked or kicked from playing by using abnormal pokemon.

I got a question for Gen 4 only. (that's still allowed right, the description for Older games section says I to III)
How do you get both Stone Edge AND Earthquake onto Aerodactyl via breeding only, no TMs

I got a question for Gen 4 only. (that's still allowed right, the description for Older games section says I to III)
How do you get both Stone Edge AND Earthquake onto Aerodactyl via breeding only, no TMs

The only way is to breed it with those moves is to breed a Female Aerodactyl with another Pokemon that is a male and knows both those moves and can breed with Aerodactyl, other wise the only other way is TMs.

That's the only possible way then. Aerodactyl is probably the only Pokemon in the flying Egg Group who learns both so it was worth a shot thanks.

Is it better to full on EV train a Pokemon or level them up through the story mode?

I'm asking because I want to start a new Pearl file and use a level 5 Jirachi as my starter. I don't want to waste a Jirachi if doing the adventure with it would get worse stats than if I EV trained it.

Is it better to full on EV train a Pokemon or level them up through the story mode?

I'm asking because I want to start a new Pearl file and use a level 5 Jirachi as my starter. I don't want to waste a Jirachi if doing the adventure with it would get worse stats than if I EV trained it.

I suggest to EV train it due to how rare the Jirachi is(unless you'r hacking) and might as well not waste it. But if you have got more Jirachi then just use this one thought out the story line.

What would be better in an in-game team, Carracosta or Archeops?
Or does it just depend on preference? (I skipped both time I could have gone to the Relic Castle to get them cause I couldn't make up my mind)
P.S. I only have Samurott as my go-to water type at the moment.

What would be better in an in-game team, Carracosta or Archeops?
Or does it just depend on preference? (I skipped both time I could have gone to the Relic Castle to get them cause I couldn't make up my mind)
P.S. I only have Samurott as my go-to water type at the moment.

Because you have Samurott as your water type already I would go with Archeops as it can be a real powerhouse with Acrobatics and holding no item.

Hey everyone, another question. Munna learns Dream Eater at a certain level (I can't remember right now lol). But in the Bulbapedia entry for Musharna, it doesn't list a learning g level. It just says "start" where the level's supposed to be. If a Musharna is at a high enough level, can it learn dream eater through a move relearner, or can it only learn it through TM? Thanks

PS- I'm still going through the story mode. As a result, there are many tms that I don't have yet, including Dream Eater

Hey everyone, another question. Munna learns Dream Eater at a certain level (I can't remember right now lol). But in the Bulbapedia entry for Musharna, it doesn't list a learning g level. It just says "start" where the level's supposed to be. If a Musharna is at a high enough level, can it learn dream eater through a move relearner, or can it only learn it through TM? Thanks

PS- I'm still going through the story mode. As a result, there are many tms that I don't have yet, including Dream Eater
"Start" means that it can learn it from the Move Relearner no matter its level.

Does anyone know why Natures don't affect HP? The only reason I can think of is that a Shedinja with an HP-negative nature would basically get a free 10% stat increase in one stat, but I'm sure there must be other reasons for it.

"Start" means that it can learn it from the Move Relearner no matter its level.

So if a move(like Dream Eater) isn't shown in The pokemon's moveset,it can't be learned by level up? Because I dont have TM 85 and I can't wait until after the E4 to teach it to Munna...

appenpaap: There are no HP boosting or lowering natures as, just like you said, it would affect Pokemon like Shedinja who have a fixed HP stat.

What would a HP lowering nature do to Shedinja? Wouldn't it just be dead?

Stormbolt100: Munna learns Dream Eater at Lv.41, however Musharna doesn't learn it by level up, only by TM. If you have already evolved your Munna with the Moon Stone into Musharna then you're stuck with Psybeam until you find either the Psychic, Dream Eater or Psyshock TM.

appenpaap: There are no HP boosting or lowering natures as, just like you said, it would affect Pokemon like Shedinja who have a fixed HP stat.

What would a HP lowering nature do to Shedinja? Wouldn't it just be dead?

Stormbolt100: Munna learns Dream Eater at Lv.41, however Musharna doesn't learn it by level up, only by TM. If you have already evolved your Munna with the Moon Stone into Musharna then you're stuck with Psybeam until you find either the Psychic, Dream Eater or Psyshock TM.

Ohhh ok thanks a lot, now I know for sure that I shouldn't use that Moon Stone yet lol

Ok, if a Pokemon is from a US Black/White card, does that count as "foriegn" to an Australian one? Bulbapedia says both "different language" and "different geographical location" and so on, I would just like some clarification please.

Ok, if a Pokemon is from a US Black/White card, does that count as "foriegn" to an Australian one? Bulbapedia says both "different language" and "different geographical location" and so on, I would just like some clarification please.
It has to be different language. Australia and US are both English so Masuda Method won't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom