• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Simple Answers 3

HeartGold or Diamond?

• HeartGold

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • Diamond

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tried twice so far. And got the same one but I've seen a video of someone resetting for Axew he soft reseted.

The pokemon is set when you receive the egg; there's no use SRing any further.

Yes, your EVs stay the same on the Pokemon when they are lowered to Lv50.

So I may as well ask, what Pokemon should I use as a counter for those two Subway bosses on the 49th battle (in case I ever get bored and feel like challenging them for the BP)? I'm taking the train where Hilda teams up with you, just to let you know.

I've been breading to get an Adamant Turtwig and I am having difficulties. I've gotten dozens of Turtwigs now and not one of them is adamant. Is there some game mechanic that I'm not aware of the prevents certain Pokemon from getting certain natures?

I've been breading to get an Adamant Turtwig and I am having difficulties. I've gotten dozens of Turtwigs now and not one of them is adamant. Is there some game mechanic that I'm not aware of the prevents certain Pokemon from getting certain natures?

Nope your just having some bad luck =P

But keep on trying you will get one sooner or later.

How come, when you use a recovery item (potions, revives), you lose two turns? I never understood that.

i'm confused please elaborate - all of the main series "Version" games use up 1 turn using an item during battle

1. My Pokémon is weakened, so I use a potion (Max Potion, for example).
  2. Enemy's Pokémon attacks.
  3. I select an attack.
  4. Enemy's Pokémon attacks.
  5. I attack.

That just means your pokémon's speed is lower than your opponent's or they used an increased priority move like Quick Attack.

it's done it turns,

so in one turn it goes

you use a potion, your pokemon's healed
the opponent attacks.

next turn

the opponent attacks because it's faster
then you attack.

so you only lose one turn :)

it's done it turns,

so in one turn it goes

you use a potion, your pokemon's healed
the opponent attacks.

next turn

the opponent attacks because it's faster
then you attack.

so you only lose one turn :)

Hmm...I think I'm starting to understand.

Thank you.

Pretty much, yeah. Judging by your avatar and title you seem to use Dragonite (Good choice, btw, my favourite after Eevee and it's evolutions), and Dragonite is outspeeded by quite a lot of pokémon. Also the AI loves using increased priority attacks when you're little on HP.

Also, I apologise if I'm rambling nonsense like a rambling isiot, because I;m drunk. But I think what I said is right.

1. My Pokémon is weakened, so I use a potion (Max Potion, for example).
  2. Enemy's Pokémon attacks.
  3. I select an attack.
  4. Enemy's Pokémon attacks.
  5. I attack.

here you go dude:

____________________turn 1____________________
My Pokémon is weakened, so I use a potion (Max Potion, for example).
Enemy's Pokémon attacks.

____________________turn 2____________________
I select an attack.
Enemy's Pokémon attacks.
I attack.

(ninja'd although hopefully this clarifies it)

Last edited:
I have a few questions. :ksmile:

1) Do battles in the Battle Subway and any other battle facilities where one's level is set to 50 award any EXP? I've yet to try them, so I don't know. I couldn't find the answer to this on Bulbapedia.

2) When battling via Wi-Fi, I saw something in the rules about held items not being allowed. But when I had my first (and to date only) battle, all of my Japanese opponent's Pokemon were holding items. To my knowledge, they were not used, but then again, there was no opportunity as he destroyed each of my Pokemon with a single hit. :bawl: Does this mean that one's Pokemon can be holding items but they won't be have any effect (Eviolite for example) or does it only mean consumable items are not allowed (like berries)?

3) OK, this last one I'm not sure if it's okay to ask here. If not, my apologies and I would appreciate being directed to the appropriate thread: I see talk about "redistribution rights" when it comes to trading Pokemon. This has me completely confused. Does it mean if I trade my Pokemon with you, I get to say whether you can trade them again to someone else or not? That's what it sounds like, but if it's true I've got to be missing something. It seems ridiculous to me. If I trade a Pokemon to someone, it's theirs, why should I have a say in what they choose to do with it? I'm very confused so I would appreciate being enlightened.

Thanks so much!

Pretty much, yeah. Judging by your avatar and title you seem to use Dragonite (Good choice, btw, my favourite after Eevee and it's evolutions), and Dragonite is outspeeded by quite a lot of pokémon. Also the AI loves using increased priority attacks when you're little on HP.

Yeah, I'm a casual player; I don't calculate stats, breed, etc. But thank you for clarifying to for me, I appreciate it.

here you go dude:

My Pokémon is weakened, so I use a potion (Max Potion, for example).
Enemy's Pokémon attacks.

I select an attack.
Enemy's Pokémon attacks.
I attack.

(ninja'd although hopefully this clarifies it)

Yeah, that makes it even more easier for me to understand, now that I have some kind of visual aid. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
1: No, they don't.*
2: Held items are allowed, but you can't use items in your bag.
3: Not sure, but it's probably because people don't want their beloved pokémon to go to strangers who may just use it for the entry in their pokédec or some stupid thing instead of actually using them. Think of it like selling a car: You've got memories of that car, so you don't want people blowing it up or fucking the tailpipe, even if it's no longer yours.

*= Someone else should probably verify this, because, as I mentioned earlier, I;'m drunk. Also I never owned a car despite being 19** nor am I planning to, so what do I know about cars. Also, my spelling and grammar seem pretty decent to me despite being wasted, but tomorrow I'll probably cry for my horrible rape of the English language here.

**= HAHA, I'm Dutch and we can drink from age 16, you silly Americans!

1: No, they don't.*
2: Held items are allowed, but you can't use items in your bag.
3: Not sure, but it's probably because people don't want their beloved pokémon to go to strangers who may just use it for the entry in their pokédec or some stupid thing instead of actually using them. Think of it like selling a car: You've got memories of that car, so you don't want people blowing it up or fucking the tailpipe, even if it's no longer yours.

*= Someone else should probably verify this, because, as I mentioned earlier, I;'m drunk. Also I never owned a car despite being 19** nor am I planning to, so what do I know about cars. Also, my spelling and grammar seem pretty decent to me despite being wasted, but tomorrow I'll probably cry for my horrible rape of the English language here.

**= HAHA, I'm Dutch and we can drink from age 16, you silly Americans!

LOL, should I be trusting the replies of a drunk person? :evil: You sound surprisingly articulate for being drunk, though. :-D

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. #3 still puzzles me, though. I mean, if I love a Pokemon, I won't trade it away. If I trade it away to someone on the other side of the world, well gosh, what that person does with that bunch of bytes is his/her own business.

Don't get me wrong, I take the game seriously enough. I sincerely love my team in Black! :crush: And as I've mentioned elsewhere I've kept Pokemon my best friend gave me in Argentina and still have them in my Yellow/Crystal carts after over ten years. I can definitely get attached to those cute li'l sprites. But if you give me a Pokemon and I give you another, it's a trade: the traded Pokemon belongs to you. You can release it for all I care.

I was sure I had to be confused... it surprises me that this really is an issue for someone folk. Again, thanks for all the help!

LOL, should I be trusting the replies of a drunk person? :evil: You sound surprisingly articulate for being drunk, though. :-D

Thans, that means a lot. I think if I'm, actually gramacitally correct here it just mean I'm a grammar nazi. Because those people are lawyat correct in grammar. I don't think you should trust me, though. When I'm sober tomorrow I'll post clarifying and imnprobeing my drunken ramblings, so if no one has given you the answers by then I will give them to you tomorrow. Also I won't be hung over couse I'm aslo drinking non=alcholoc drinks and they help against the hang over*;.

*=I know this cause I study biologuy and know that hanging over is caused partly by the alcohol dehydratationing you and partly bty Methabnol, which is a product in the breakdown of ethanol (that's aclohol) poisoning you, so if you drink alo t of non alcoholic drinks you don't get hung over.**

//= Is it just me or am I getting worse at spelling and grammar as before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom