• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Simple Answers 3

HeartGold or Diamond?

• HeartGold

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • Diamond

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shit. Guess I'll have to hack my HeartGold and receive another starter from Oak, if I want a Bulbasaur or anything.

Or just trade it from someone else?

Do eggs move eventually stop being passed down? I've been breeding a Grotle and a Ditto to get an Adamant Turtwig. Normally the Turtwigs hatch knowing a few moves the Grotle knew but now the Turtwigs are hatching knowing only Tackle. Also the Day Care Man isn't calling me anymore for eggs when he is supposed to.

The problem is earlier eggs did get moves from the father, but now no moves are being passed down. And the calling problem was just me being impatient.

What egg moves are we talking about? And which gen?

Last edited:
Are there any starters available in the Dream World as of yet? I know I shouldn't jump into conclusions based on just one try, but I've been able to find none, and I've run into the same batch of common Pokemon more than a few times.
Only in Japan and Korea, and no Johto starters anywhere.

That'd give me incentive to go out and buy/steal a Korean version if I hadn't remembered what happened with my SoulSilver (also Korean).

Dammit, why do we English-speaking gamers end up getting the short end of the stick every time?

That'd give me incentive to go out and buy/steal a Korean version if I hadn't remembered what happened with my SoulSilver (also Korean).

Dammit, why do we English-speaking gamers end up getting the short end of the stick every time?

We're not getting the short end... we just haven't gotten these yet.

An supposedly upcoming release that could be later than Japan's release of "Gray" is no better than the half-assed E-reader compatibility we got for RS, imo. (Especially considering the Japanese got compatability on FRLG as well, and obviously earlier [dunno if Emerald ever got one].)

Is AR the only way to clone a Pokémon? If not; what are the other ways?

Just a couple questions for today...

Question 1: How can one get a Seismitoad with Poison Touch?

Question 2: Do Pokemon caught "fresh" (never battled) from the wild have EV's? And is there any advantage to EV training a Pokemon from an egg rather than from the wild?

Shit. Guess I'll have to hack my HeartGold and receive another starter from Oak, if I want a Bulbasaur or anything.

If you can convince your wi-fi to work I'm sure there are people willing to trade with you.

Is AR the only way to clone a Pokémon? If not; what are the other ways?

For PTHGSSBW, yes it is the only way to clone.

Of course, for DP there's the infamous GTS cloning mechanism, but I'm not sure if you want to use that.

Question 1: How can one get a Seismitoad with Poison Touch?

Catch one a Tympole with Hydration, it'll turn into Poison Touch when it evolves into Seismitoad.

Question 2:
Do Pokemon caught "fresh" (never battled) from the wild have EV's? And is there any advantage to EV training a Pokemon from an egg rather than from the wild?

No and no.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

I don't hink Bulbapedia had this bit of information, so...

In B/W, are the Move Tutors "one use", or can you teach the moves as many times as you want?

I guess this same thing goes for HG/SS, but I'm only interested in Headbutt there.

Thanks ^_^

I don't hink Bulbapedia had this bit of information, so...

In B/W, are the Move Tutors "one use", or can you teach the moves as many times as you want?

I guess this same thing goes for HG/SS, but I'm only interested in Headbutt there.

Thanks ^_^

Yes, they can teach your Pokemon moves as many times as you want.

The problem is earlier eggs did get moves from the father, but now no moves are being passed down. And the calling problem was just me being impatient.

any egg moves known by the father at the point it is placed in the daycare will be passed down - if it's no longer passing the moves down you must have took the father out of the daycare

any egg moves known by the father at the point it is placed in the daycare will be passed down - if it's no longer passing the moves down you must have took the father out of the daycare

Thats whats weird! I left the Grotle and Ditto in the day care the whole time. Otherwise I couldn't get Turtwig eggs, right? I hope my game isn't broken.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but confusion is calculated using the confused Pokémon's attack and defense stats, so what's the point of Flatter?

Do Pokemon that were transferred over via Palpark (and thus, weren't generated in a DS game) also work with the Masuda Method? Or does it only depend on what language the DS game that they were transferred over is? You see, in the 4th generation games released in Korea, trading with games in another language is impossible since most of the English and Japanese titles were released first, and thus do not contain the components required to accept Pokemon from Korean games, likely because the third generation games were never even translated to Korean, so they wouldn't have known if the DS ones would be or not. However, since the Palpark is still open, transferring over Pokemon from GBA games released overseas is possible (probably since that'd make all the starters and legendaries from other regions inaccessible in Diamond and Pearl).

So, yeah. Rambles cut short, what I'm basically asking is if simply being generated in an English game (regardless of platform) is enough to substantiate the differenciation, or is it only the language of the DS game that they were transferred over that counts? Because if the latter's the case, there's little hope of getting shiny eggs on my SoulSilver. >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom