• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl)

Is it true that both games are just higher definition versions of the originals?
Yes and no, the main plot is exactly the same, but Pokemon Contest has changed. And once you get to Amity Square, the game will give you the option of having any Pokemon follow you anywhere except for buildings and the Underground. There is a limited trainer customization and the Griseous Orb is obtainable, meaning that you can use Giratina's Origin Form once you catch it in its Altered Form.

I forget but do these games' day/night cycle follow the Switch's clock or are they independent like LA and SV?
They follow the Switch’s clock :)

Why did ILCA have to make already set outfits available instead of like, letting us buy individual clothing items (like in SWSH, LA, XY, SM, and USUM)?

Why did ILCA have to make already set outfits available instead of like, letting us buy individual clothing items (like in SWSH, LA, XY, SM, and USUM)?
My possible theory is because it was never a feature of the original games, and was probably only included due to having been a main fixture for almost a decade at that point. Can’t change hair colors either, meaning you’re stuck with the four preset hair/skin color combinations.

My possible theory is because it was never a feature of the original games, and was probably only included due to having been a main fixture for almost a decade at that point. Can’t change hair colors either, meaning you’re stuck with the four preset hair/skin color combinations.
Yeah, you may be right
I don’t have a problem with the hair colors thing (especially since I’m trying to emulate Dawn’s team from the anime but with a few exceptions, if you see one of my other posts, you’ll be able to find where it says my team members in SP)
I’m not super big on a lot of the styles except maybe the original and platinum outfits lolol

I just got BDSP today and I’m debating on if i should install the day one patch or not does anyone have any ideas (update i just decided to)

I just got BDSP today and I’m debating on if i should install the day one patch or not does anyone have any ideas (update i just decided to)
Moved your post into SQ/SA.

But yeah, definitely install the D1 patch. BDSP is infamous for not having a lot of content on the base cart, that the D1 patch adds (like the entire soundtrack, I believe)

Back
Top Bottom