• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl)

Reaction score
Last edited:
I lost after getting to Lucian but i got badly drained and i lost to him his Kadabra.Keep in mind i wasn't catching a lot so i need a lot of preparations i wasn't focusing on catching a lot.
My only spare pokemons: Manaphy lvl 50, Staraptor lvl 53, Raichu lvl 46, psyduck, zubat bidoof and buneary. Hunting down replacements and getting them up to speed would be a big setback.
I got lazy :cautious: and powered through the majority of the game instead of regularly catching potential members.

I think i have a viable bonus strategies for part of my team after losing. I'm adding Swords Dance on Garchomp, i added Grass Knot on Jirachi instead of Flash Cannon since a lot of pokemon in the Elite 4 are weak to Grass including Quagsire were giving me trouble.
But as for using letting Gardevoir Shockwave instead if Thunderbolt to handle Flint's Drifblim since Shockwave counters Minimize but it is only 60 power?

Jirachi lvl 59 Timid Nature
Dazzling Gleam, Psychic, Grass Knot and Shadow Ball
HP 211 Attack 138 Defense 139 Sp. Attack 153 Sp Def 131 Speed 180

Infernape lvl 63 Naive Nature Item: Fist Plate (Blaze)

Flamethrower Close Combat, Flame Wheel and Mach Punch
HP 180 Attack 163 Defense 127 Sp. Attack 168 Sp Def 94 Speed 196

Gardevoir lvl 57 Bashful Nature (Synchronize)
Dazzling Gleam, Psychic Future Sight and Thunderbolt
HP 166 Attack 94 Defense 102 Sp. Attack 160 Sp Def 140 Speed 112

Dialga lvl 50 Gentle Nature (Pressure)
Ice Beam, Dragon Claw, Flash Cannon Roar of Time
HP 166 Attack 146 Defense 114 Sp. Attack 172 Sp Def 132 Speed 101

Lucario lvl 51 Impish Nature (Inner Focus)
Shadow Claw, Aura Sphere, Force Palm Swords Dance
HP 141 Attack 142 Defense 95 Sp. Attack 126 Sp Def 89 Speed 112

Gabite lvl 46 Bold Nature (Sand Veil)
Earthquake, Dragon Breath, Bite Dragon Claw
HP 127 Attack 90 Defense 88 Sp. Attack 70 Sp Def 61 Speed 105

Hello, I have a few questions about BDSP that I hope someone could answer.

1. Someone told me that in the regular Battle Tower, once you win 49 consecutive times (Palmer being the 49th trainer), if you continue your streak from there, the Pokemon set resets to "set 1" which means you start facing weaker Pokemon again, instead of stronger ones. The game behaves as if you had restarted your Battle Tower streak from the beginning. Can someone confirm if this is true, or is it fake news? It would be a very annoying oversight, if it's true.

2. Once you unlock Master Class in the Battle Tower, you start to face Boss Trainers (the Gym Leaders, Cynthia, E4, etc) every 7th battle. When you beat one of them, you move up to the next rank, until you reach the final Rank 10, where Palmer is the final Boss. My question is what happens after that? Do you just keep battling Palmer every 7th Battle forever? Or can you also occasionally encounter the rank 1-9 bosses? Or is every Boss locked to their respective rank, so when you rank up you never get to battle them again?

3. The Poke Radar appears to be "broken" in this game, and it only assures better IV on exactly chains 10, 20, 30, 40 and 100, but not the in-between ones. Does anyone know if this has been fixed with a patch? Or is it actually supposed to be this way?

Thanks in advance.

Is it possible to soft reset for a shiny honey tree Pokémon?

Yes. You can soft reset for a shiny Mon at a Honey Tree, as there is nothing restricting that. It won't change the Mon itself, but it will change the ability, Nature, gender, and shiny chance like it has in the past.

Has anyone managed to unlock the Lucas/Dawn battle in the post game? I know you're supposed to do everything they say so I've talked to Bebe, the sister, gone to a swarm, and I've used the Poke Radar a few times since Lucas keeps talking about it but still no battle. Anyone know what else I need to do to unlock it?

Has anyone managed to unlock the Lucas/Dawn battle in the post game? I know you're supposed to do everything they say so I've talked to Bebe, the sister, gone to a swarm, and I've used the Poke Radar a few times since Lucas keeps talking about it but still no battle. Anyone know what else I need to do to unlock it?
Maybe you need to catch Heatran just like he is needed for unlocking the improved elite 4's?

Most fans had originally speculated that Mega Evolutions were coming back in Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, while some of these fans originally speculated that Dynamaxes, Gigantamaxes, Primal Reversions, and regional forms were coming back in these games. However, all these speculations are actually false thus far. So, I'm just wanting to know why you think that all Mega Evolutions, Dynamaxes, Gigantamaxes, Primal Reversions regional forms and Generations V-Present are excluded in Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl?

Most fans had originally speculated that Mega Evolutions were coming back in Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, while some of these fans originally speculated that Dynamaxes, Gigantamaxes, Primal Reversions, and regional forms were coming back in these games. However, all these speculations are actually false thus far. So, I'm just wanting to know why you think that all Mega Evolutions, Dynamaxes, Gigantamaxes, Primal Reversions regional forms and Generations V-Present are excluded in Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl?
I wouldn't mind if regional variants like Alola and Galar would become possible. But seeing that BDSP is already tough with elite 4 having competitive level teams, i can only imagine how broken Dynamax/G-max and Mega Evolutions would be if it means that the Rivals, Gym Leaders (Rematches) and Elite 4 (Rematches) would be if they get access to this if you add anything like it on your team. shudders

Aside from exclusive Pokémon and the climax, are there any known differences between Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl? A friend of mine wants me to choose between the two because he plans on getting the opposite version for trading purposes.

Which Pokemon are available in the Grand Underground that aren't post game?

What happens to Pokemon that were available through Dual Slot in the original games?

Which Pokemon are available in the Grand Underground that aren't post game?

What happens to Pokemon that were available through Dual Slot in the original games?

Almost all the Mons that were featured in the Platinum dex. The exceptions are the Eevee line, Porygon line, Tangela line, Nosepass line, and Tropius. You can also find Mons like Teddiursa, Smoochum, and Pinsir, which were not in either of the DP and Platinum dexes.

As for Dual Slot Mons, I'm not 100% sure but they can either be found in the Grand Underground (Gligar, for example, was a Dual Slot Mon in the original DP but can now be found in the Grand Underground, albeit BD only), Poke Radar, and Swarms. Again, I'm not 100% sure on that, but since most Dual Slot Mons were in Platinum it's likely they're mostly in the Grand Underground. Hope that helps.

Helps a little.

Does that include Pokemon that were post game in Platinum?

As far as I'm aware, yes, although (currently unreleased) events are needed for Shaymin, Darkrai, and Arceus (again). Also, I forgot this earlier, but Rotom cannot be accessed until post-game, unlike Platinum, despite its location being accessible after the second Gym. In general the post-game offers every Mon from Gens 1-4 (sans regional variants and, strangely, Sylveon, despite every other Eeveelution being in the game), and most are found in either the Grand Underground, Swarms, and Poke Radar.

I'm in the post game right now and beat both the Single and Double Battle Challenges twice in a row. However the guys on Route 230 are still blocking the path and telling me to go to the Battle Tower. What do I need to do in order to progress here?

Edit: Did a third round of the Single Battle. The final (or 21st overall) trainer you have to beat is a certain someone (avoiding spoilers). Since I have a half-assed team that isn't at all optimized for this kind of challenge I only barely managed to win. I hoped this would finally clear the way, but it didn't. Dudes are still telling me to go back to the Battle Tower. I honestly have no clue how to move forward now. I guess I'll focus on the Pokedex for now to distract myself.

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, what do Shiny Pokémon look like in the Grand Underground hideaways? Do they sparkle while walking around, like they do in LGPE? I just wanna know how easy it could be to accidentally miss one if I'm not paying attention lol.

I'm in the post game right now and beat both the Single and Double Battle Challenges twice in a row. However the guys on Route 230 are still blocking the path and telling me to go to the Battle Tower. What do I need to do in order to progress here?

Edit: Did a third round of the Single Battle. The final (or 21st overall) trainer you have to beat is a certain someone (avoiding spoilers). Since I have a half-assed team that isn't at all optimized for this kind of challenge I only barely managed to win. I hoped this would finally clear the way, but it didn't. Dudes are still telling me to go back to the Battle Tower. I honestly have no clue how to move forward now. I guess I'll focus on the Pokedex for now to distract myself.

Have you obtained the National Dex yet by seeing all 151 Sinnoh mons? If I remember correctly that's how you get those guys to move it. Almost all of the postgame is locked behind that National Dex.

Just out of curiosity, what do Shiny Pokémon look like in the Grand Underground hideaways? Do they sparkle while walking around, like they do in LGPE? I just wanna know how easy it could be to accidentally miss one if I'm not paying attention lol.

No, they don't sparkle or stand out or anything. Just like in SWSH, there is no way to know if a Mon is shiny or not until you actually engage it. So you can very easily miss a shiny in the GU because they don't actually show them as shiny or anything in the overworld.

Back
Top Bottom