• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl)

It wasn’t in SWSH either, so I guess they just didn’t want it in Gen 8 at all. Just like how the kids you can battle in the Trainers’ school don’t give you the TM for Hidden Power anymore since it also wasn’t in SWSH.

A question regarding real life. Since I won't be able to play everyday because of work (bleh) what do I do about real time events like berries growing?

A question regarding real life. Since I won't be able to play everyday because of work (bleh) what do I do about real time events like berries growing?
Berry trees no longer die like they did in the originals, as far as I can tell. You can plant a Berry and come back a month later, and the tree’ll still be there. Though the more you water them, the more Berries you get when you harvest, I believe. No daily events require you to do them every day.

Which berries should I use to create Dry Poffins to raise my Feebas's Beauty stat? I don't have any super Dry berries at the moment and if I had one, I would plant it to get more, so any way to create super Dry Poffins if possible?

So I captured 2 Togepis in the Underground unfortunately they both have Hustle. I want Serene Grace.

On another note, I feel the random encounter rates are too high even when walking, not running or biking. Can I slow down the encounters. I can't use a repel every time I come across tall grass.

So I captured 2 Togepis in the Underground unfortunately they both have Hustle. I want Serene Grace.

On another note, I feel the random encounter rates are too high even when walking, not running or biking. Can I slow down the encounters. I can't use a repel every time I come across tall grass.
Are they opposite genders? You could evolve them and then breed them to get Serene Grace.

Do you need to be post-game to receive the current mystery gift at all, or just for it to trigger the Shaymin event? I lent my game cart to a friend before reaching post-game, and I'm only getting it back tomorrow.

Am I doing something wrong in trying to chain for a shiny with the Pokeradar? I got a chain of 17 a couple times which is the recommended number to stop and just reset the radar at, but now I'm just getting a bunch of quickly broken chains and I have no idea why. I know the shaking grass patch furthest from where you're standing is the one most likely to continue the chain and I know catching the Pokemon rather than defeating it increases the chances of the chain continuing too. Sometimes certain grass patches will end a chain too because there are not sufficient grass patches for it to continue. I also heard that it can just randomly end for no reason (which is stupid imo, this should've been changed), but doing that this many times? I've had five chains break really early now.

In short, I have no idea how other shiny hunters successfully use this stupid thing.

Quick question: Are the Johto Balls (Fast, Lure, Heavy, etc) available in these games? I, myself, don't care, as I've made it abundantly clear that I don't like the Apricorn Balls, but I got a Gible via trade that was in a Lure Ball and I wanted to check if those balls are legally obtainable in BDSP so I'll know if the Gible is hacked or not. Thanks in advance.

Quick question: Are the Johto Balls (Fast, Lure, Heavy, etc) available in these games? I, myself, don't care, as I've made it abundantly clear that I don't like the Apricorn Balls, but I got a Gible via trade that was in a Lure Ball and I wanted to check if those balls are legally obtainable in BDSP so I'll know if the Gible is hacked or not. Thanks in advance.
IIRC, the Apricorn Poké Balls were a bonus you could get if you pre-ordered BDSP. Your Gible was probably either caught with one of those, or it was transferred from another game via HOME.

Anyone know if there's a way to get Deoxys? There's been no distribution for it in these games and Home won't let me bring one over because I didn't already obtain it. It isn't required to actually "complete" the dex, but I'd like to get one if I can. The empty spot is gonna bug me. That transfer limitation is such bull.

Back
Top Bottom