• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.

SPOILERS: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen VII)

Mr. Skuntank
Reaction score
I want to get some PNG quality images from Alola Photo Club in Pokémon Ultra Sun for a blog post I'll be posting later (JPG images have lots of artifacts). Can you tell me how to do this?

Two legs ain't my walk
Reaction score
If, theoretically speaking, you were to encounter a Poipole in the wild (like through a Randomizer or whatever), would it still be considered an “Ultra Beast” as far as the Beast Ball mechanics are concerned? We can only receive it as a gift in a regular Poké Ball in the games, which sort of got me wondering what it is about the target Pokémon exactly that the game checks for when applying the Beast Ball modifier. Is there just some internal list denoting that these specific Pokémon should have it applied to them in all cases, or is it, like, contextual to the scripted in-game encounters where they get the totem aura and all that?

Last edited:
Reaction score
why does Heat Proof reduce fire type damage only by 50%? why not give a immunity?
or why not 2/3 damage (67,7%) ?

Water Compaction? why does it not work similar and reduce the water damage too?
(Water Absorb , Dry Skin???)

Will heatproof rise the pokemon sp. def or defense stats in future taking that Water Compaction rises a pokemons stats?

why does filter and solida rock only reduce SE damage by 1/4?
why not by 1/3 ? and why only SE damage?

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
Is there just some internal list denoting that these specific Pokémon should have it applied to them in all cases, or is it, like, contextual to the scripted in-game encounters where they get the totem aura and all that?
Even though I don’t have a concrete source, I think the first option is more likely. It’s just easier to create a list of specific Pokémon and be done with it.
The trailer which introduces Naganadel shows it in a Beast Ball, which seems interesting.

Reaction score
I have a female Feralligator with ice punch from crystal if I breed it with a male Dratini with dragon dance will the resulting Totodile have both ice punch and dragon dance?

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
I have a female Feralligator with ice punch from crystal if I breed it with a male Dratini with dragon dance will the resulting Totodile have both ice punch and dragon dance?
Yes, it will. Ever since Gen VI, breeding mechanics have changed. Now both the male and female can pass down any and all compatible moves to the offspring. So combos that were "illegal" in the past (like say Ludicolo with both Razor Leaf and Water Gun in Gen III) are now perfectly possible. So, in short, yes, your baby Totodile will gain both moves as Egg Moves. Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Yes, it will. Ever since Gen VI, breeding mechanics have changed. Now both the male and female can pass down any and all compatible moves to the offspring. So combos that were "illegal" in the past (like say Ludicolo with both Razor Leaf and Water Gun in Gen III) are now perfectly possible. So, in short, yes, your baby Totodile will gain both moves as Egg Moves. Hope this helps.
Great thanks a lot.

Reaction score
Hello I recently got Pokemon Bank and I got the mystery gift sent to the wrong game (i.e. my copy of Ultra Sun instead of moon). Is there a way to rectify this? It's bugging me cause I got Ultra Sun second-hand and the trainer ID is that of the person I bought from and not my own character.

Dieter
Reaction score
Hello I recently got Pokemon Bank and I got the mystery gift sent to the wrong game (i.e. my copy of Ultra Sun instead of moon). Is there a way to rectify this? It's bugging me cause I got Ultra Sun second-hand and the trainer ID is that of the person I bought from and not my own character.
Nope, if it's send, it's send

Dieter
Reaction score
Will they send new ones if I don't collect the mystery gifts on the game it was sent to and reset the game instead?
Nope, that's it. It was sent and registered to the game. Your Bank account now has given it's gift and won't do it again. It doesn't check the game, only if Bank has given it (and yes that's annoying and stupid)

Reaction score
Nope, that's it. It was sent and registered to the game. Your Bank account now has given it's gift and won't do it again. It doesn't check the game, only if Bank has given it (and yes that's annoying and stupid)
Thank you so much! Guess I just have to live with it </3

Reaction score
I think this is probably something anime-related that I missed, but why does this card depict a different shiny of Zygarde than the canon one?

Dieter
Reaction score
I think this is probably something anime-related that I missed, but why does this card depict a different shiny of Zygarde than the canon one?
Eh, I don't see how it's different? It's Mostly white, with a green underside and green spots, the right amount of frills and right eyeshape? The only thing that's different is the white of its body cause there's a ton of shading...

Reaction score
Eh, I don't see how it's different? It's Mostly white, with a green underside and green spots, the right amount of frills and right eyeshape? The only thing that's different is the white of its body cause there's a ton of shading...
Oh, heck, you're right! The shading was really throwing me off, especially on its back. (I thought it was a dark grey/silver scheme rather than white) Thanks for pointing it out!

Reaction score
In Moon, I beat Lusimine and that whole encounter.

But I still can't access the mountain for the Victory Road. What did I miss?

Last edited:
웃♥유
Reaction score
I have a question regarding Gen 7 in general. I've never played Sun/Moon or their second versions, but I read that Gen 7's experience gain formula once again takes into account the difference between the Pokemon's levels. What exactly does that mean, and which other games used this formula?

Reaction score
After not playing Ultra Moon for several months, I finally finished catching every Ultra Warp Ride legendary except for the ones that require trading between versions to get. And after catching the last one (for now), I saw text reading "The presence that exuded its overwhelming power seems to have disappeared". Is that Game Freak telling us not to waste anymore of our lives on that minigame since they're no more legendaries available aside from trading?