• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

SPOILERS: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen VII)

Swadloon

Reaction score
Is it possible to trade with youself using digital Pokémon games, two 3DS and and the same Nintendo account (aka. not having to buy the games for different accounts)?

Pilup99

Splashing the Seven Seas
Reaction score
Unfortunately, no. You can only have one 3DS console linked to a given Nintendo Network Account, and you can only download a digital game onto a 3DS connected to the account that owns the game. So unless you have a physical copy to put in the second DS, you're basically out of luck. Sorry.

CynthiaLover

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Hi, quick question. I received a WT earlier today and the Mon was holding something unusual. It was holding a Relic Gold, something that I haven't seen since Gen V. And it appears to be a "valuable item" judging by the description. Does that mean Relic Gold is obtainable somehow? Does that mean that it and its fellow Relic items are in the coding of the games past Gen V? And if so, are any of them obtainable and can they fetch a price? Or is hacking the only way to get them? Just wondering, since I do know that some of the more "item maniac" items got somewhat of a nerf in terms of price after Gen V because they became more common (Balm Mushroom, for example, went from 25000 to 7500, if memory serves, but correct me if I'm wrong), which makes me wonder if any of the Relic items be sold for cash. I'd access the wiki for this question, but my web browser (Fyrefox) keeps crashing whenever I boot up a page on the wiki (it's been doing this for a while, so I doubt it's just a problem with bulba). Just wondering if that's the case. Thanks in advance.

TechSkylander1518

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's hacked-the wiki says the most recent way to obtain it was in ORAS, and bank doesn't let you send up items. It's still in the coding of the games, though, and it can still be sold.

Evilswine

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have a question as someone who wants to get into competitive play. Is there something like a go-to-team for starting out in competitive battling? Or something solid that stood the test of time, just to get used to the online battling mechanics and what attacks and tactics bear fruit? Not minding IV, EV, nature etc, which i would consider to advanced for starting out

Fluttershy of Light

Princess of Love
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have a question as someone who wants to get into competitive play. Is there something like a go-to-team for starting out in competitive battling? Or something solid that stood the test of time, just to get used to the online battling mechanics and what attacks and tactics bear fruit? Not minding IV, EV, nature etc, which i would consider to advanced for starting out
There is both Pokémon Showdown and the Pokémon Global Link that have the most used Pokémon in formats (click on the Rating battles then the games you're using then the format you want to play in for checking the most used Pokémon). The Global Link also provides qr teams if you want to try out other people's teams in game which can be useful to learn some of the battling basics and strategies of that format. (to find rental teams you need to be logged into the global link and hit QR rental teams from the main menu then go to the pick the appropriate selections) But it would be helpful to look over the team to get a general idea of how it works.. If your unsure just by looks then the best way to learn how a team is supposed to be played is to use the team against other players. Trial and error is usually the best way to learn how teams function. Just don't forget to also learn team functions, and strategies from your opponents :p. Being able to gather inspiration for team building comes from both winning and losing.

Goodbye Blue Monday

Aroma Lady Rose
Reaction score
Can you move Pokemon in Pokemon Box from a Gen VII game to a Gen VI one, assuming they were Pokemon that existed in that previous generation? (For example, a Spheal I got yesterday through Island Scan?)

Also if you send a Pokemon that evolves via trade through different games using Pokemon Box, will it evolve or not?

dragon_nataku

Vice President in Charge of Volcanoes
Reaction score
I assume you mean bank. Mons in Bank that have not been put into a gen 7 game can be moved to a gen 6 game just fine, but if they have been moved into a gen 7 game they cannot be moved back into a gen 6 game even from bank.

Mons will not evolve being put into or taken out of bank, even through to different games.

Goodbye Blue Monday

Aroma Lady Rose
Reaction score
Yeah, I meant Bank, sorry.

I got the Spheal from Island Scan in Ultra Sun, so I assume that means it can't be moved into X even via Bank. Thanks for answering my question!

PamtreWN

Reaction score
Hi, so I went into my not so local GAME store and asked if they had any Zeraora codes, but the one I was given was for the Lugia and Ho-oh event. So I went back to the store before heading home and they said they didn't have any Zeraora codes, they only had codes for Lugia and Ho-oh and that the Zeraora codes are being distributed via email through the Pokémon company. I phoned another GAME store today and they said the same.

So, I'm quite confused on how to get one because I have seen conflicting information online, with some websites and forums stating both GAME stores and online.

I am a UK resident (Scotland) and Zeraora is the last monster I need for my living National Dex in UltraMoon/Bank. How do I get it?

TechSkylander1518

Reaction score
I don't know if this is simple enough for this thread, but I was curious about changing types while using a Z-Move.
  • If a Pokemon used Ion Deluge on the same turn that another Pokemon intended to use Breakneck Blitz, would Breakneck Blitz be changed in any way?
  • Can a Pokemon with a type-changing ability (Aerialate, Pixilate, Refrigerate, or Galvanize) still use Breakneck Blitz, even though their Normal-type moves would become another type? Is it still a Normal-type move when used?

PkmnTrainerV

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
Can a Pokemon with a type-changing ability (Aerialate, Pixilate, Refrigerate, or Galvanize) still use Breakneck Blitz, even though their Normal-type moves would become another type? Is it still a Normal-type move when used?
I tested it on Showdown with a Refrigerate Aurorus holding Normalium Z and Hyper Voice, and it turns into an ice type Breakneck Blitz.

Fluttershy of Light

Princess of Love
Reaction score
I tested it on Showdown with a Refrigerate Aurorus holding Normalium Z and Hyper Voice, and it turns into an ice type Breakneck Blitz.
Awesome, thanks!
I tested this in game and Galvanize Geodude's Breakneck blitz had a neutral hit against Mareep. Which should have been not very effective if Galvanize worked on it. Tried it with Pixilate Sylveon as well and Z take down had no affect on Gastly while fairy type moves still hit ghost types. So judging by in game there is no affect on the ate/ize abilities on Z moves

Fluttershy of Light

Princess of Love
Reaction score
I guess Showdown was mistaken! Thanks for testing that!
No Showdown has it right lol. I just checked there and it didn't say "Not very effective" on a Rotom Wash with Z-Hyper beam Aurorus. It does however show up when you click on the Z move button and says it gets boosted through Glaciate and turned into an ice type move despite it not actually getting boosted. Normal Hyper beam afterwards was shown as not very effective.

Water Max

初段黒帯空手家!
Reaction score
Hi, so I went into my not so local GAME store and asked if they had any Zeraora codes, but the one I was given was for the Lugia and Ho-oh event. So I went back to the store before heading home and they said they didn't have any Zeraora codes, they only had codes for Lugia and Ho-oh and that the Zeraora codes are being distributed via email through the Pokémon company. I phoned another GAME store today and they said the same.

So, I'm quite confused on how to get one because I have seen conflicting information online, with some websites and forums stating both GAME stores and online.

I am a UK resident (Scotland) and Zeraora is the last monster I need for my living National Dex in UltraMoon/Bank. How do I get it?
The Zeraora event was meant to be running at GAME stores until 15 November but due to the Lugia and Ho-oh event happening at the same time it seems GAME headquarters have overwritten the Zeraora event with the new Lugia and Ho-oh event now. However I've just seen a tweet with a quote by someone from GAME customer services saying

If you ask the staff to search for the sku no. 7375447 this product should come up on their system.
If you go back into your local GAME store and use this sku number but this method still doesn't help you get your Zeraora codes it looks like the only way you can get Zeraora now is if you can see if someone has spare codes that they got from a GAME store available for you to use before midnight on 15 November or maybe try to trade for one online (and maybe try using the Bulbagarden Global Trade Station section of these forums too).

Last edited:

Matleo

Reaction score
What pokemon are the best counters to others in a reverse scenario?

lets say Shedinja is easy bc all fire, ghost, dark, rock, flying are there.

But I noticed that people don't see that Charizard X has got a natural counter in Primarina that if used right can be deadly.

Did you notice similar things? like Mimykyu that can tank a hit from it.

Incineroar is a very good counter to most psychic type or not? especially the steel/psychic ones.

Last edited: