• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

SPOILERS: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen VII)

PkmnTrainerV

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
is that really enough? I though they are more ambitious then that. Also teams will change in future and this would be the best way to predict how , why and if this way it will be.
It’s enough for seemingly everyone. You’re so far the only person demanding it.
And Smogon updates their analysis every time a Pokemon is released.

Matleo

Reaction score
It’s enough for seemingly everyone. You’re so far the only person demanding it.
And Smogon updates their analysis every time a Pokemon is released.
this way we fans and creators also could get better ideas what we want in future games... there is always only the first person that want's it and then everyone loves it and uses it.

Last edited:

TechSkylander1518

Reaction score
Few people are going to want such specific numbers, and fewer still would have their wants shaped by that. Who wants to have a specific percentage of Pokemon with a certain role in battle?

Water Max

初段黒帯空手家!
Reaction score
How can I catch a Hidden Ability Alolan Exeggutor and is it breedable for other Hidden Ability Exeggcute and Hidden Alolan Exeggutor?

Dieter

Dieter
Reaction score
How can I catch a Hidden Ability Alolan Exeggutor and is it breedable for other Hidden Ability Exeggcute and Hidden Alolan Exeggutor?
Either you SOS chain Exeeggcute, which have a chance of having their HA from the tenth onward, or you transfer one from a Gen I/II game, which always have their HA and a guaranteed perfect 3 IV's

Breeding allows for an 80% chance of the parent passing down their ability to their offspring. So either a male with a ditto, or a female with anything from their egg group

CynthiaLover

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Got a quick question regarding something I heard recently. I happened to chance upon a Youtube video that mentioned something called "Swap Breeding". Now, given this is Youtube, I'm a bit leery right off the bat, but it did sound interesting. My question is: is it a real thing, and if so, does it really work? I decided to dabble in it a bit just to test it out with the following tools: Shiny Charm, Masuda Method, and Japanese Ditto. I hatched 60 Magikarp eggs, but got no shiny, so I'm not sure if I'm just having really bad luck or if this "Swap Breeding" is real or not. Is it a confirmed trick in the game, like how Masuda Method was slipped in and discovered during Gen IV, or is it just a load of hogwash? Thanks in advance.

Dieter

Dieter
Reaction score
Got a quick question regarding something I heard recently. I happened to chance upon a Youtube video that mentioned something called "Swap Breeding". Now, given this is Youtube, I'm a bit leery right off the bat, but it did sound interesting. My question is: is it a real thing, and if so, does it really work? I decided to dabble in it a bit just to test it out with the following tools: Shiny Charm, Masuda Method, and Japanese Ditto. I hatched 60 Magikarp eggs, but got no shiny, so I'm not sure if I'm just having really bad luck or if this "Swap Breeding" is real or not. Is it a confirmed trick in the game, like how Masuda Method was slipped in and discovered during Gen IV, or is it just a load of hogwash? Thanks in advance.
Luck/Randomness is still involved, this method just helps you find the outcome of your preset pattern. So you could still have to hatch 500 eggs to find a shiny (or whatever your desired pokemon is), it just helps you to do this faster. As far as I'm aware this has not been patched either.

Reaction score
Did SM/USUM’s graphics pushed the 3DS? I heard it from some people, yet I heard from someone that Monster Hunter for the 3DS made it look like a joke.

Moon Shadow

The Fallen
Reaction score
I'm having some trouble in Moon.

I've been training an Eevee that I want to evolve into Espeon.
I gave it the soothe bell, fed it a Sweet Malasada, haven't let it faint, use potions and berries to achieve the former and it's day time in the game but I made the mistake of achieving 2 levels of affection in Pokemon Refresh mode and now it wants to evolve into Syvleon(having noticed the absence of a preview silhouette in Sun/Moon's evolution animation I saved one battle away from a level up so while I had to allow the evolution to complete to confirm this, I was able to reset the game afterwards).

I've always hated happiness evolution, it was annoying enough by itself but then GF just had to make it even more infuriating by introducing affection which can be difficult to keep separate from happiness.

What do I do now? How do I get Espeon NOT Syvleon?

Myth

Reaction score
Can you remove the Fairy type move? You can teach it some random non-fairy move using TMs.

Moon Shadow

The Fallen
Reaction score
Can you remove the Fairy type move? You can teach it some random non-fairy move using TMs.
Ah ha! Indeed.
I've replaced Baby-Doll-Eyes with Echoed Voice. Thanx I was unaware of that criteria.

FinnishPokéFan92

An oceanic explorer.
Reaction score
Can Premier Balls be obtained from the Celadon City Department Store by buying 10 or more Poké Balls in the Let's Go games?

Moon Shadow

The Fallen
Reaction score
Is there a second chance at Tapu Koko in S/M?
That is one stubborn mothereffer! I threw over a dozen various balls at it; great, ultra, dusk, heal, even a few Pokeballs but it refused to catch even at ONE HP and just when I thought I was gonna have to faint it because it had me just a few HP away from my last Pokemon, it struggled to death.
There was no save point before the encounter so I couldn't reset it.

Moon Shadow

The Fallen
Reaction score
yes, just defeat the E4 again to have it respawn. Same for any other legendary you might accidentally defeat
Thanx.
That was the first time I've ever failed to capture a legendary on the first/only attempt.

Captain Hawlucha

Reaction score
I'm trying to get a water stone in Alpha Sapphire through a rematch with Fisherman Elliot. Bulbapedia says there's a 5% chance of him giving one. I've been grinding rematches against him to improve my odds (one rematch is 5%, so 20 rematches should be 100%), but so far he hasn't given it up. I even talk to him after the match is over just in case. Is there something else I have to do, like reaching a specific part of the game?

CynthiaLover

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
I'm trying to get a water stone in Alpha Sapphire through a rematch with Fisherman Elliot. Bulbapedia says there's a 5% chance of him giving one. I've been grinding rematches against him to improve my odds (one rematch is 5%, so 20 rematches should be 100%), but so far he hasn't given it up. I even talk to him after the match is over just in case. Is there something else I have to do, like reaching a specific part of the game?
For starters... this is in the wrong thread. You want the Gen 1-6 Simple Questions/Answers thread, not Gen 7. But, in any case, I'll answer it for you. There is a much easier way to get a Water Stone in Alpha Sapphire instead of grinding. It will require you to have Surf and have reached Lillycove City, along with having dealt with Team Aqua in said city. There is a small hut on an island just east of Lillycove where a guy will trade Shards for Stones. Give him a Blue Shard and he'll give you a Water Stone, and, if memory serves, you can get a Blue Shard on the same route, on one of the sandbars.

Dieter

Dieter
Reaction score
That's not how probability works...

Each time you battle him, there's a 5% chance he gives you a water stone, so it's not additive. It's a one in twenty chance. Think of it as a bowl of marbles. There are nineteen red marbles, and one green marble. After you draw a marble, you put it back in the bowl again for the next draw. So you could get the green marble on your first draw, or it could take you a hundred times.

Aside from the Treasure Hunter, Secret Super Training or a Secret Pal could also get you a water stone, but those methods are less reliable

FinnishPokéFan92

An oceanic explorer.
Reaction score
Do Pearl and Big Pearl sell for the same price in Let's Go as they do in Alola?