• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.

SPOILERS: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen VII)

thomaswiencek

Reaction score
Why do you think Spike Chunsoft developers have no plans for the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon video game of any kind based on the Pokémon Sun & Moon video game series?

ThatsNotGroudon

Jirachi Wish Maker Fangirl
Reaction score
So I was playing Pokémon Moon, my Tapu Bulu leveled up to 87. But when I looked in the PC, there was a little purple face above the moves learned. I think it has to do with Pokerus, but I’m not sure. Do any of you know what it is?120895

Patrick Haines

Lone Scribe for the Lord of Time
Reaction score
He had Pokérus (technically he still does), but it is no longer contagious.

Matleo

Reaction score
What pokemon can't beat Shedinja and it's ability?
Is there a list of those pokemon per generation?

Parissong

the bells of joy are ringing
Reaction score
What pokemon can't beat Shedinja and it's ability?
Is there a list of those pokemon per generation?
What an odd question. I mean, practically almost every Pokémon can one way or form, but let's test the waters. You never know! I'll go off of Gen VII for everyone.

One of the easiest way to beat Shedinja is status, notably the TM almost everyone gets: (TM06) Toxic

Let's see how the Pokémon that can't access this TM can defeat it:
  • Wobbuffet/Wynaut - None of its moves can affect Shedinja, that is nodding to Counter and Mirror Coat. So I guess if you can get a hard read, you can Destiny Bond the Shedinja.
  • Kricketot - learns no super-effective moves against Shedinja nor status or residual damage moves!
  • Burmy - Learns Hidden Power. Just get one that's super effective against Shedinja.
  • Tynamo - Same as Kricketot. Electric doesn't bypass wonder guard.
  • Spewpa - Gets Poison Powder to poison Shedinja.
  • Magearna - Learns Hidden Power and Shadow Ball via TM
  • Unown - Hidden Power
So, the only 2 Pokémon it seems that cannot defeat Shedinja and Wonder Guard is Kricketot and Tynamo.

Matleo

Reaction score
What an odd question. I mean, practically almost every Pokémon can one way or form, but let's test the waters. You never know! I'll go off of Gen VII for everyone.

One of the easiest way to beat Shedinja is status, notably the TM almost everyone gets: (TM06) Toxic

Let's see how the Pokémon that can't access this TM can defeat it:
  • Wobbuffet/Wynaut - None of its moves can affect Shedinja, that is nodding to Counter and Mirror Coat. So I guess if you can get a hard read, you can Destiny Bond the Shedinja.
  • Kricketot - learns no super-effective moves against Shedinja nor status or residual damage moves!
  • Burmy - Learns Hidden Power. Just get one that's super effective against Shedinja.
  • Tynamo - Same as Kricketot. Electric doesn't bypass wonder guard.
  • Spewpa - Gets Poison Powder to poison Shedinja.
  • Magearna - Learns Hidden Power and Shadow Ball via TM
  • Unown - Hidden Power
So, the only 2 Pokémon it seems that cannot defeat Shedinja and Wonder Guard is Kricketot and Tynamo.
I red somewhere that Venusaur and some hard hitters have problems taking it out too.
Hmmm Toxic You say? weather casters too wont have a problem.
Makes me wonder why it got only one Hp actually?

Matleo

Reaction score
It's the shed exoskeleton of a cicada. A carcass would not have much (or any, tbh) HP.
I know. 1 HP 1 life motive but in game play it's problematic but with fairy terrain you can avoid toxic at least.
I would give it 3 HP.

telnaga

Reaction score
I was fighting in the Battle Agency in Ultra Moon with a Moltres against an Aurorus. On turn one, I used the z-fire type move, then Aurorus used round, which hit for normal damage.
On the second turn, I used Burn Up, which removes the fire-typing from a pokemon. Then Aurorus used Round, and it hit me for 2x damage, saying it was super effective.

This is baffling to me. Does anyone have any idea why a normal type move was somehow 2x effective???

i have a bad phone recording of the VS video on vimeo here.

fleety91

Reaction score
Could anyone help me assemble a team from these mons for super doubles? Completed super single using mega Scizor, Garchomp and Toxapex.
Grateful for any help, natures, abilities, attacks, evs ivs and items. Thank you

CrazyCreeperKid

Officially Taillow Appreciation Day
Reaction score
Incineroar:
@Incinium Z
Blaze
252 Attack 252 speed 4 defense
Swords Dance
Darkest Lariat
Flare Blitz
Earthquake
Jolly

Toxapex
Regenerator
252 HP 252 SpD 4 Def
@Black Sludge
Scald
Haze
Recover
Toxic
Calm

Whimsicott
Infiltrator
252 Spd 252 Sp. Attack 4 SpD
@Choice Specs
Giga Drain
Moonblast
U-Turn
Psychic

Jolteon
Volt Absorb
252 Spd 252 Sp. attack 4 SpD
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
HP Ice
Thunder Wave

Matleo

Reaction score
why is Tailwind not a weather condition yet???

Wickling

Reaction score
Functionally, Tailwind only benefits one side whereas, on paper, weather conditions have equal effects to both players. If your opponent sets up sandstorm, you can switch in your own Rock-type to get the defense boost. But Tailwind will always only benefit the user.

Superficially, directional wind can coexist with rain, sun, sand, or hail. Then again, "strong winds" exists and is technically a weather. It's only used by Mega Rayquaza though.

TechSkylander1518

Reaction score
If Tailwind was made to be weather and benefit both sides, it would be functionally useless, because the differences in Speed would end up being the same.