• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Thanks, that was the case! I saved on Route 212 yesterday evening, so the timeframe fits. I didn't know that this could be possible but I also asked a friend (before looking here again) who also plays Pokémon and he mentioned the exact same thing as you, so I am pretty sure that this is the answer I was looking for. Thank you!

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but Google hasn't been too helpful.

Is there any sort of online "legality" checker, where you can simply type in everything about the Pokemon's summary (OT, ID No, stats, Nature, Shininess, Poke Ball, location obtained, moves, etc) and get results for whether it could legally exist in-game by completely legitimate methods?

Like you'd get results that look something like this:

Screen Shot 2018-05-31 at 5.09.03 pm.png

Technically, yes. There is a hacking tool that also checks to see if the Pokémon is legal, and what isn't legal in it.
Otherwise, you'd have to just research all the little details to know, or at least know where to look for. I have done that, so I wouldn't really need such a tool, though it'd be really useful.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but Google hasn't been too helpful.

Is there any sort of online "legality" checker, where you can simply type in everything about the Pokemon's summary (OT, ID No, stats, Nature, Shininess, Poke Ball, location obtained, moves, etc) and get results for whether it could legally exist in-game by completely legitimate methods?

Like you'd get results that look something like this:

View attachment 110554
I don't think there's a single page for determining whether a Pokémon is Illegal or not..
Serebii does have a very nice Ball legality checker however. And if you need to check the shiny locked Pokémon they are (currently): Victini, Keldeo, Zygarde (soon will be legal), Meloetta, Hoopa, Volcanion, Tapu Lele, Fini, Bulu, Cosmog and it's line, Necrozma, Magernea, Marshadow, and Zeroara (and also regular Zeroara isn't even legal as of now). You can check whether the HA is locked on Showdown as there'll be Strike through over the Hidden ability An event Pokémon database will come in handy as it does have all of the important information about the Pokémon both Bulbapedia and Serebii have one. Though keep in mind that if one thing doesn't match the description then it's illegal. For instance if you see a timid Shiny Tapu Koko in a pokeball that's not a Cherish ball it's illegal as there is no way to catch Tapu Koko as a Shiny you will need the event one that is always in the Cherish Ball. I'm not sure if there's a foolproof way to check ID or OT for non event Pokémon though. As for moves Bulbapedia does list all the possible moves and how they're obtained ranging back from Gen 1 up to Gen 7. It does require a bit of research to find out if the Pokémon in question is legal or not though.. The best method is to check the pokeball, if it's Shiny locked, obtained from, ability, and the Nature (if it should be locked like the Shiny Tapu Koko's) first. Then if those match up check some others to determine if it's plausible.

Hi! I don't have any knowledge on fake pokemon games, and I recently searched for cheap copy of heartgold/soulsilver and i found this (Pokémon Pokemon HeartGold SoulSilver Nintendo DS Game Cards US Version US Seller | eBay) does it look like an original game, or counter fit? Please help me, because I suck at recognizing fake ds games :p

Looks authentic to me, but you might want to look for a seller with a 99% rating. This guy got dropped down to 98% which means a lot of dislikes.

I want to get some PNG quality images from Alola Photo Club in Pokémon Ultra Sun for a blog post I'll be posting later (JPG images have lots of artifacts). Can you tell me how to do this?

If, theoretically speaking, you were to encounter a Poipole in the wild (like through a Randomizer or whatever), would it still be considered an “Ultra Beast” as far as the Beast Ball mechanics are concerned? We can only receive it as a gift in a regular Poké Ball in the games, which sort of got me wondering what it is about the target Pokémon exactly that the game checks for when applying the Beast Ball modifier. Is there just some internal list denoting that these specific Pokémon should have it applied to them in all cases, or is it, like, contextual to the scripted in-game encounters where they get the totem aura and all that?

Last edited:
Hello! I just beat the main game of Heartgold, and I have my 4th Kanto gym badge now, and Baoba hasnt called me about the blocks for the Safari Zone, i've done both of his tests where I catch a Geodude and Sandshrew, but he still hasnt called be about the blocks,and no where online says when, or what i need to do to unlock them, what should i do?

if ho-oh kills herself because she has run out of PP and uses struggle, will she be gone forever and my chance is then lost?

if ho-oh kills herself because she has run out of PP and uses struggle, will she be gone forever and my chance is then lost?
Gen 2 and 3 (if you somehow have the event for gen 3, of course): yes.
Starting on Platinum, all unique encounters will respawn after you beat the E4. This includes Heartgold Soulsilver.
Also never found anyone mentioning Ho-oh as a female, interesting.

while i can play soulsilver as much as i want i can never get past a certain point on heartgold because i found the screen is black when i turn it on though music can be heard playing
is there a problem with that version or did i just buy a bad copy?

why does Heat Proof reduce fire type damage only by 50%? why not give a immunity?
or why not 2/3 damage (67,7%) ?

Water Compaction? why does it not work similar and reduce the water damage too?
(Water Absorb , Dry Skin???)

Will heatproof rise the pokemon sp. def or defense stats in future taking that Water Compaction rises a pokemons stats?

why does filter and solida rock only reduce SE damage by 1/4?
why not by 1/3 ? and why only SE damage?

Is there just some internal list denoting that these specific Pokémon should have it applied to them in all cases, or is it, like, contextual to the scripted in-game encounters where they get the totem aura and all that?

Even though I don’t have a concrete source, I think the first option is more likely. It’s just easier to create a list of specific Pokémon and be done with it.
The trailer which introduces Naganadel shows it in a Beast Ball, which seems interesting.

in platinum i came into a cave but it has boulders in the way.. how do i get strength?
(extra info ive got the badge now to use cut and someone gave me cut if thats of relevance?)

pokemon black/white 2 question im on a train battling people seemingly going on forever. When is it meant to finish?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom