• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

This is the millionth time I am playing a Hoenn game and millionth time I am stuck at the exactly same place.

Alpha Sapphire - After reaching Lilycove City, I am trying to bust in Team Aqua's HQ but the grunts are guarding the entrance. When I check this article, it suggests me to go to Slateport first to find Captain Stern wrapping up a TV interview in front of a small crowd. But he is not there.
Did you go to Mt Pyre already?
Yup, you have to go beat the grunts at Mt. Pyre before Team Aqua appears at Slateport City.

Why does the Power Plant music in Let's Go do Rocket Hideout instead of Pokémon Mansion as in FRLG?

What grass types learn water type moves?

What grass types learn fire type moves?

What fire types learn water type moves?

What fire types learm grass type moves?

What water types learn grass type moves?

What water types learn fire type moves?

what water/fire/grass pokemon learn electric type moves?

I was fighting in the Battle Agency in Ultra Moon with a Moltres against an Aurorus. On turn one, I used the z-fire type move, then Aurorus used round, which hit for normal damage.
On the second turn, I used Burn Up, which removes the fire-typing from a pokemon. Then Aurorus used Round, and it hit me for 2x damage, saying it was super effective.

This is baffling to me. Does anyone have any idea why a normal type move was somehow 2x effective???

i have a bad phone recording of the VS video on vimeo here.

Could anyone help me assemble a team from these mons for super doubles? Completed super single using mega Scizor, Garchomp and Toxapex.
Grateful for any help, natures, abilities, attacks, evs ivs and items. Thank you

Incineroar:
@Incinium Z
Blaze
252 Attack 252 speed 4 defense
Swords Dance
Darkest Lariat
Flare Blitz
Earthquake
Jolly

Toxapex
Regenerator
252 HP 252 SpD 4 Def
@Black Sludge
Scald
Haze
Recover
Toxic
Calm

Whimsicott
Infiltrator
252 Spd 252 Sp. Attack 4 SpD
@Choice Specs
Giga Drain
Moonblast
U-Turn
Psychic

Jolteon
Volt Absorb
252 Spd 252 Sp. attack 4 SpD
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
HP Ice
Thunder Wave

I got a question about this: What happens if you only have one Pokemon in your Team when you meet these Jessie and James and battle them in Mt. Moon in Let's Go! Pikachu/Eevee?

Last edited:
Functionally, Tailwind only benefits one side whereas, on paper, weather conditions have equal effects to both players. If your opponent sets up sandstorm, you can switch in your own Rock-type to get the defense boost. But Tailwind will always only benefit the user.

Superficially, directional wind can coexist with rain, sun, sand, or hail. Then again, "strong winds" exists and is technically a weather. It's only used by Mega Rayquaza though.

If Tailwind was made to be weather and benefit both sides, it would be functionally useless, because the differences in Speed would end up being the same.

If Tailwind was made to be weather and benefit both sides, it would be functionally useless, because the differences in Speed would end up being the same.

not necessary. When you use sandstorm or hail you don't think of busting it for your oponent.
What if a moves like Defog and Whirlwind would change the Tailwinds direction or other wind moves could do that too?

Imagine if Tailwind would boost the damage from hail and sandstorm?

Imagine if some powder, wind or flyig type moves would hit the pokemon who uses them or get "disabled" during duration Tailwind?
wind is weather related... tailwind should change a wather condition, like hail into sandstorm, sunny day into rain, rain into hail and so on.

Like rain and water sport should help negating powder moves and their effects.
Weird that fog and mist aren't used till now... we have misty terrain fairy but mabe ghost would deserve a fog realm or horror room or somethign after so many generations? something that would help negate odorsleuth , scrappy or help avoid moves or disable them...
____

Sky Drop, we pick up a pokemon and hit it on the ground? levitate hits but and flying are immune.
That was the idea? imagine a combo with layers of spikes , spider web , toxic spikes and when you use sky drop on a grounded pokemon it gets hit by those entry hazards one more time during battle when you use that move.
Pokemon with Levitate hit the ground.

They could make that some abilities and moves make you immune to it or help you free out of it when you are immobilised.
(Twister, Fire spin, whirlpool, ivestation)

Seismic Toss should work the same way Sky Drop does, base power should only be (50+oponents level).
Oponents too big weight should block the move from working like it does.

and make Wimp Out , Emergency Exit work like they should during that phase,

-ghost pokemon should be able to escape during that phase.(should be actually immune to Sky Drop when thinking about it longer because they can't get trapped and it's a form of trapping for one turn without using any magic or ghost powers that would justify it somehow)

Teleport should work to switch out the user to free it and stop the move or the oponent that uses that move to stop it(when you have levitate you are safe when not then you fall down)

What do you think will they change Sky Drop in future? and is the combo of Sky Drop and Spider Web, Spikes and Toxic Spikes worth using?

Last edited:
not necessary. When you use sandstorm or hail you don't think of busting it for your oponent.
Yes, it would. If Tailwind affected both parties and gave them a boost to Speed, then nothing would change.

If a Pokemon with 50 speed is going up against a Pokemon with 100 speed, the difference between them is 50. If Tailwind doubles their speed, now the 50 Pokemon has 100 Speed, and the 100 Pokemon has 200 speed. The 50 Pokemon is still going to move after the 100 Pokemon.

Yes, it would. If Tailwind affected both parties and gave them a boost to Speed, then nothing would change.

If a Pokemon with 50 speed is going up against a Pokemon with 100 speed, the difference between them is 50. If Tailwind doubles their speed, now the 50 Pokemon has 100 Speed, and the 100 Pokemon has 200 speed. The 50 Pokemon is still going to move after the 100 Pokemon.

It gives you speed but could power up wind based moves, make powder stronger, power up hail and sandstorm to do more or less damage,
making it possible to change sides during battle with a move like Defog or Whirlwind would be cool actually.
Reduce stealth rock damage?
Hmmm what if oponent would have a pokemon that gains speed and hp when with by a wind move and every turn when Tail wind is in effect?
Hmmm what if Tailwind would cause the pokemon that gains speed to miss more like reduce chance of hitting 10%?
I think only they should play and buff with what they created in the past and use it more. The same with fog... then we could get new terrains too.

weather : rain(water), sun(fire), sandstorm(rock), hail(ice), fog(ghost???) and (tail)wind(flying)
terrains: electric, grass, misty(fairy), psychic
would add sandy(ground) and maybe swampy(bug) or icy terrain(to buff ice in hp and reduce speed of others)

we have 3 psychic rooms and a psychic terrain but nothing for ghosts or bugs...
poison would deserve a terrain destroying effect to it's old moves

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom