• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens I - VIII)

Sorry if I got it wrong? But I heard I could be given a porygon in pearl or diamond from someone in veilstone city but nobody has mentioned the pokemon who I've spoke to out of npcs in that city ‍♀️

Sorry if I got it wrong? But I heard I could be given a porygon in pearl or diamond from someone in veilstone city but nobody has mentioned the pokemon who I've spoke to out of npcs in that city ‍♀️

That doesn't seem to be the case. The Pokémon is only found in Trophy Garden (Pokemon Mansion on Route 212), during the day and after you have unlocked the National Déx.

You can find reliable information on both the bulbapedia and Serebii website.

Last edited:
Anyone be helpful with this? So have done what it tells me to do, but still can't seem to get primo to give me the eggs at the violet city pokemart?

Hey all, quick question.

If I transfer a Pokémon (that I am the OT of) from X to Alpha Sapphire and then back, will that Pokémon’s friendship and affection be restored to what they were before? Or do they reset with every trade regardless of it you’re the OT?

I know they don't like being left in pc boxes. I do recall being given a spearow at level 20 and told it wasn't used to be me by the friendship lady. But long as the pokemon is good with you then no worries on that front i would think?

Hey all, quick question.

If I transfer a Pokémon (that I am the OT of) from X to Alpha Sapphire and then back, will that Pokémon’s friendship and affection be restored to what they were before? Or do they reset with every trade regardless of it you’re the OT?
Idk I think you should be fine.

I didn’t care too much about friendship/affection so idk lol I’ll have to experiment with that

TPC changed Lenora’s artwork by having her apron placed in the back (the anime removed it completely). What I don’t understand is that they didn’t change her in-game sprites at all, as she’s seen with her apron clearly visible, both on her overworld and battle sprites. They already changed sprites before, so why didn’t they do it here?

I've got a few quick questions regarding Gen 7 because I recently started a new playthrough of US and I need a refresher course in some of its mechanics. Plus I'm having issues with the wiki thanks to the ads blocking everything.

1) Did Intimidate get nerfed in this gen (ie: Inner Focus, Own Tempo, etc being able to block it) or did the nerfs happen in Gen 8?

2) Do Z-Crystals count as hold items when it comes to moves like Acrobatics and Fling? I know that Knock Off's effect is weakened if it's used on a Mon with a Z-Crystal but does that also apply to moves like Acrobatics?

3) Because of the whole Ultra Wormhole side-quest thing and the fact that Ultra Beasts can respawn in USUM does that mean Beast Balls can be bought somewhere or are they given to you via story elements like SM? I seem to vaguely recall that you can buy them in USUM but I forget if and where.

Thanks in advance.

1) Did Intimidate get nerfed in this gen (ie: Inner Focus, Own Tempo, etc being able to block it) or did the nerfs happen in Gen 8?
Happened in gen 8
2) Do Z-Crystals count as hold items when it comes to moves like Acrobatics and Fling? I know that Knock Off's effect is weakened if it's used on a Mon with a Z-Crystal but does that also apply to moves like Acrobatics?
I don't know for Acrobatics but you can't steal a Z Crystal with Fling
3) Because of the whole Ultra Wormhole side-quest thing and the fact that Ultra Beasts can respawn in USUM does that mean Beast Balls can be bought somewhere or are they given to you via story elements like SM? I seem to vaguely recall that you can buy them in USUM but I forget if and where.
You can buy them in Aether Paradise after beating Ultra Necrozma

Question about moves that hit multiple times: Using Icicle Spear as an example, would it have 125 Base Power if all five hits land, since Icicle Spear has 25 base power?

Another question regarding Icicle Spear: Is it better than Ice Beam if used by a Cloyster that has Skill Link?
Yeah, Cloyster has a higher base Attack stat than Special Attack and Icicle Spear is a Physical move, plus Icicle Spear is much stronger due to Skill Link. Only thing is that Icicle Spear doesn't have is the chance to freeze.

Yeah, Cloyster has a higher base Attack stat than Special Attack and Icicle Spear is a Physical move, plus Icicle Spear is much stronger due to Skill Link. Only thing is that Icicle Spear doesn't have is the chance to freeze.

Icicle Spear also bypasses Sturdy, Substitute and Focus Sash, which is why the Pokémon, with Shell Smash, was such a threat in the fifth generation.

I've got a few quick questions regarding Gen 7 because I recently started a new playthrough of US and I need a refresher course in some of its mechanics. Plus I'm having issues with the wiki thanks to the ads blocking everything.

Thanks in advance.
Z-crystals do count as held items for Acrobatics btw.

Back
Top Bottom