• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens I - VIII)

To answer your questions in order:

1: 2 Star Raids are available after beating Milo. Every odd numbered badge increases the level of Raids you can participate (No badges: 1 star, Milo: 2 star, Kabu: 3 star, Opal: 4 star, Piers: 5 star), so if you're looking for certain raids of certain levels, be wary of how quickly you acquire badges, as the more badges you have, the fewer lower level Raids you'll find.

2: No, there is no online resource that really clarifies that, or at least not ones I've found. But from my own personal experimentation and exploration, my first part of this post shows the aforementioned results.

3: Yes, you can. It doesn't matter which Daycare you use, both are accessible right from the start. Though I generally recommend using the Route 5 Daycare, as it's a lot easier to not get in trouble with the local Mons and potentially get a full party wipe by accident. Plus, Route 5 it does have the whole long route to hatch eggs on shtick that several games have had.

Hope that helps.
Thanks so much!

Can you merge a Lunala form the og pokemon moon and a necrozma also from the og moon in pokemon SwSh with the lunalizer

Thanks in Advance

Scale shot vs Bulletproof?
I don’t think Bulbapedia has updated the list of moves that are blocked by Bulletproof, but I don’t think Scale Shot would be blocked because it’s neither a ball nor bomb move.

I don’t think Bulbapedia has updated the list of moves that are blocked by Bulletproof, but I don’t think Scale Shot would be blocked because it’s neither a ball nor bomb move.

Bullet seed too and some others too but does name mean everything? I thought animation and purpose of move should more...
generaly everything you shot , shoot , shards are like bullets if small... especially scales... they arent like arrows...

I've got a quick question regarding regional variants in Gen 8. As I learned from these forums, if you give a Mon that has a regional variant and Everstone (ie: Unovian Stunfisk) and breed it, the resulting egg will be that particular Mon. But what happens when you do the same with a Mon that only has an evolved form that's a regional variant but its base form doesn't? For example, if I were to give an Alolan Marowak an Everstone, would the resulting Cubone evolve into an Alolan Marowak or a Kantonian Marowak? Thanks in advance.

I've got a quick question regarding regional variants in Gen 8. As I learned from these forums, if you give a Mon that has a regional variant and Everstone (ie: Unovian Stunfisk) and breed it, the resulting egg will be that particular Mon. But what happens when you do the same with a Mon that only has an evolved form that's a regional variant but its base form doesn't? For example, if I were to give an Alolan Marowak an Everstone, would the resulting Cubone evolve into an Alolan Marowak or a Kantonian Marowak? Thanks in advance.
Giving an Alolan Marowak an Everstone, for example, does not influence which regional variant the Cubone offspring evolves into. The Cubone will evolve into Alolan Marowak in Alola, and Kantonian Marowak everywhere else. Hope this helps!

Are there ANY Pokemon that can only be found in the Wild Area (I am talking specifically about mainland Galar, not the Isle of Armor)?

I think Mons like Mimikyu, the Eeveelutions, G-Corsola, the Ralts line, trade-based evolutions (Gengar, Machamp, etc), Lapras, and Qwilfish can only be found in the Wild Area. There are probably others but those are the ones off the top of my head that I've only noticed that dwell in the Wild Area but nowhere else.

For a competitively-raised Appletun, what's the best nature? I'm thinking +Sp. Atk, -Spd, but I'm not sure if that's THE best.

Is there a convenient list of non-respawning items (AKA items that appear as PokeBalls in the overworld) in Wild Area and Isle of Armor?

Last edited:
If I don't pick up the Max Mushroom that spawns after 3 max raid battles and I keep doing more raids, will more mushrooms spawn every time I complete 3 raids? (at least while I'm still below 20 mushrooms)

As for the above question, I sadly do not know the answer, and will not be finding out anytime soon because I don't have the Expansion Pass. Sorry :(

Are Dynamax Raid Bosses able to use Max Guard? I've never seen one use the move, but I need to know for sure.

Are Dynamax Raid Bosses able to use Max Guard? I've never seen one use the move, but I need to know for sure.

No, they are not able to use Max Guard, even though many would have a non-damaging move to use for it. If they could use Max Guard it would be too unfair and unbalanced, especially since Max Guard can be spammed as it doesn't have the same reduced success rate that Protect/Detect have if used multiple turns in a row. For the most part, if they have it, they'll use Protect/Detect instead, which does block regular moves but can't completely block Max Moves, dealing reduced damage (similar to Z-Moves being able to pierce Protect/Detect back in Gen 7 and deal reduced damage). So, you never have to worry about your Max Moves being blocked by Max Guard, as Max Raid bosses can't use it.

Back
Top Bottom