• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site or its archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Spoilers Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen VIII)

Stranded Deity

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello! I have a question about the ability super luck. The bulbapedia article states that in sword and shield, a pokemon with the ability super luck increases the chances of finding a pokemon holding an item. I was hoping to find how much of a boost this was, especially since I wanted to compare it to a simular effect from pokemon with the ability compound eyes, but I haven't been able to find anywhere else that mentions that super luck has this effect. Is this field effect something that actually happens with super luck, and if so exactly how does it affect chances of held items?

didi.reveil41

Reaction score
Pronouns
Your
Hello, i have always asked myself a question in pokemon and never really got the answer.

Is it possible to differentiate a pokémon obtained in a normal way, from a hacked pokémon?

I would find it super frustrating to have a legit shiny if you can't tell it from a hacked shiny..

SpinyShell

Reaction score
Hello, i have always asked myself a question in pokemon and never really got the answer.

Is it possible to differentiate a pokémon obtained in a normal way, from a hacked pokémon?

I would find it super frustrating to have a legit shiny if you can't tell it from a hacked shiny..
Generally, there is no way to differentiate between hacked and non-hacked Pokémon 100% guaranteed. That being said, Pokémon with bizarre OTs like .yt, perfect IVs, competitive EVs, and/or competitive moves that are generally difficult to get on your Pokémon, and/or are in rare Pokéballs such as a Love Ball, are level 100, etc. are usually hacked. Basically, anything that looks to be too perfect or had a lot of time put into it is most likely hacked. If it looks like someone just caught the shiny off of Route 1, then there’s a greater chance that it’s not hacked.

An easier rule of thumb is that nearly all shiny Pokémon sent through Wonder Trade are hacked.

hendrotann

Reaction score
my pokemon sword catridge ( not digital version ) is euro region. now i want to purchase dlc pass from us eshop.. it works or not? or i only have to purchase at euro eshop. thanks

prog rocker

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/him
my pokemon sword catridge ( not digital version ) is euro region. now i want to purchase dlc pass from us eshop.. it works or not? or i only have to purchase at euro eshop. thanks
If it is like with most games, you have to get the DLC from the same region as your game. Otherwise, it won't work.

thomaswiencek

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Now I wonder how you think I should find out which Pokémon you think is the strongest in competitive play, by base stats, by Smogon-based tier (such as OU and Uber) or by which criteria?

roto-motor

Reaction score
Alright, so a coupl'a weeks ago, i was just mindlessly walking around the caves on the isle of armor. I stumble upon thjis lady with the standard female miner model, nothing special, so i talk to her, maybe she'll give me an item or such.
Because of this i end up skipping what she has to say until I notice she's actually saying something important. i was staring off into space but I snapped back in and she was saying something like "So are you ready to play the game of your lifetime?" or sumn like that and I say no because I dunno what she said and I'm hoping I can just have the interaction again. And she says something like "oh well. Here's the Dynite ore i promised" and she gives me a dynite ore and disappears... what was THAT all about?

roto-motor

Reaction score
Sooo... hopefully this is the right place to ask this.

I heard Eevee's evolution methods have changed a bit, with like a leaf stone evolving it into Leafeon now. Do Umbreon and Espeon still evolve through friendship or is that changed too? I can't find any specific answers to those two.

Also, is the day/night cycle only in the Wild Area? That's the only place where it was night when I was playing at night.
Tes, Sylveon, Epseon, and umbreon still evolve by friendship.
The only reason that the wild area only should be affected by time of day is if the story is not done.

Nikita Dracovish

THE NUMBERS, MASON!
Reaction score
Any decent counters for Galarian Darmantian? Nearly got swept by someone running a speedy one with Icicle Crash and Earthquake. I don't think it was banded, which is the kicker.

prog rocker

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/him
Sorry if I sound dumb, but is there any way to change your eye color in the game?

RavenRaziel98

Reaction score
Pronouns
he/him/his
Is the dlc included in the bundle version (base game + season pass) on the cartridge itself or is it a single use code?

Dorothy

My love is stronger than my fear of death
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
I could never find out if it's possible to change eyebrow color.

Dorothy

My love is stronger than my fear of death
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
In Sword and Shield? Yes! By doing your makeup at the Hair Salon.
Oh fuck me I've spent three years being annoyed about having to have blonde eyebrows.

Would have never thought to try the makeup since I'm butch lmao

RavenRaziel98

Reaction score
Pronouns
he/him/his
If I have Shield, can I still make my Coalossal gigantamax if I use that soup from the expansion pass or is it "locked" to sword?

Gengarzilla

"What do you mean, my Gengarite is contraband?!"
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
If I have Shield, can I still make my Coalossal gigantamax if I use that soup from the expansion pass or is it "locked" to sword?
You can. The soup can be used on any Gigantamax-capable species except Melmetal. It doesn't matter if they're exclusive to the other version.

Poke Trainer J

Reaction score
Generally, there is no way to differentiate between hacked and non-hacked Pokémon 100% guaranteed. That being said, Pokémon with bizarre OTs like .yt, perfect IVs, competitive EVs, and/or competitive moves that are generally difficult to get on your Pokémon, and/or are in rare Pokéballs such as a Love Ball, are level 100, etc. are usually hacked. Basically, anything that looks to be too perfect or had a lot of time put into it is most likely hacked. If it looks like someone just caught the shiny off of Route 1, then there’s a greater chance that it’s not hacked.

An easier rule of thumb is that nearly all shiny Pokémon sent through Wonder Trade are hacked.
I was going to say because according to the Official Play! Pokémon Rules & Resources Penalty Guidelines, they officially state from this link and I quote:

"The use of external devices, such as a mobile app, to modify or create items or Pokémon in a player’s Battle Team is expressly forbidden. Players found to have Pokémon or items that have been tampered with may receive a Disqualification, regardless of whether the Pokémon or items belong to that player or were traded for."

However when I asked Google about this I got this answer:

"It it legal, but not legit. Nevertheless, it isn't an issue to use it. There is no way to trace the bred children back to it, and they will be considered legitimate. I wouldn't really consider it cheating, as you are just getting pokemon you would have been able to get quicker than usual."

Since Pokémon bred from Hacked Pokémon like with a 6 31 IV Shiny Ditto that was modded by someone for example is considered legal by Google's definition does that mean that they're not allowed to be used in official VGC events since they're considered "Illegally Manipulated Pokémon?" Nintendo / Game Freak doesn't even crack down on Pokémon that are either modded or hacked through Pokémon Bank and Pokémon HOME so I was curious. Online Ranked Battles on Sword & Shield is probably the best way to tell If your Pokémon is hacked but it will cost you a permanent ban from Pokémon HOME as well as not being able to compete in Online Ranked Battles again.

Another way to tell If a Pokémon is hacked is by checking their memories. If they say, "[insert Pokémon name] seems to have a fond memory, but it doesn't seem to be able to remember the details..." then it's most likely hacked. Yet what I found really odd was If a Pokémon that's bred from a Hacked Pokémon like a 6 31 IV Shiny Ditto for example has been fully evolved and had all their EV's and IV's maxed out then their memories when checked later will negate the following quote, "[insert Pokémon name] seems to have a fond memory, but it doesn't seem to be able to remember the details..." So is the bred Pokémon considered hacked even though it has no memory of it's parents?

Turns out Verlisify on YouTube was right all along about Hacked Pokémon in regards to DittoGate. I wouldn't be surprised If most VGC players run Hacked Pokémon on their team and not even realize it thinking they're legitimate. Even though they may have been bred by a Ditto that was either hacked, coded, or modded into the game it's still considered cheating at least to Play! Pokémon and Pokémon Company International. Oddly enough I tested a bred Pokémon team for Online Ranked Battles that I had a suspicion of being hacked and I didn't receive any penalties for it at all so now I don't know what to believe.

Last edited: