• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens I - VIII)

I have a question. How do levels work for Max Raid battles? As in, at what levels do pokemon appear in them? For example, wild pokemon in Axew's Eye are about 40 in level. What about Dreepy that you can catch from raid? Is it also around 40?

Got a quick question regarding a certain move when used against a D/G-Max Mon. Because the D/G-Max Mon becomes skyscraper-size, does the move Low Kick do more damage to it because of the move's weight-to-damage mechanic? Or does Low Kick only do normal weight-induced damage to the D/G-Max Mon? I'm curious to know, as I'm wondering if having Low Kick in your arsenal would make fighting D/G-Max Mons easier (especially with type advantage, like against Gordie or Melony). Thanks in advance.

Got a quick question regarding a certain move when used against a D/G-Max Mon. Because the D/G-Max Mon becomes skyscraper-size, does the move Low Kick do more damage to it because of the move's weight-to-damage mechanic? Or does Low Kick only do normal weight-induced damage to the D/G-Max Mon? I'm curious to know, as I'm wondering if having Low Kick in your arsenal would make fighting D/G-Max Mons easier (especially with type advantage, like against Gordie or Melony). Thanks in advance.
Moves that do damage based on the opponent's weight don't work against Dynamax/Gigantamax mons.

Does anyone have a list of the randomized ribbons? Like the snowman one a Mr. Mime I caught had that changes his title to "the Tramp the snow frolicer."

Seribii only has the standard ones listed and I just kind of want to know what other ones are out there.

did someone test all the armor like abilities if they dont got extras?
like halving damage or blocking biting moves boosted by Strong Jaw?
Magma armor, Battle Armor, Shell Armor, Weak Armor(the def reduction didnt make sense), Overcoat

their reaction when getting hit with blade, slash, sword, stiching, arrow moves? did someone checked them?

and all the weather related abilities? Snow Cloak? didn't they get anything extra?

Did someone checked Emergency Exit and Wimp out for changes to moves and abilities?

Are all new moves without priority? no increased or decreased ones?

they avoided adding Dazzling this generation to old pokemon hope for the buff in next games, maybe gen 4 remakes, make it block a move also when speed between user and attacker changed and caused a priority change on the favor of oponent. (increased priority moves, means also when the oponent gets a turn advantage due to stats change, like trick room)

Queenly Majesty blocks now Teleport?
Weird that decreased priority, if it would have higher priority then Pursuit then it could make psychic types escape dark types and avoid Pursuit, then they could make Stake Out incvrease the priority of Pursuit and make Thievul and Gumshoes extra niche worthy...

Last edited:
Is Gigantamax Grimmsnarl's G-max Snooze a sound move? Snooze? synonym of Yawn.
will Soundproof protect from the damage if not from the effect for one turn?

Hope Bulletproof and Soundproof are stronger then Max and G-max moves.
Soundproof and Yawn? any changes?

Last edited:
I dont know where to put this, but...are the servers broken for anyone else or has Nintendo decided to turn on my parental controls like they did on my 3DS?

Drum Beating should be a sound move

The user plays its drum, controlling the drum's roots to attack the target. This also lowers the target's Speed stat.

Like sending sound waves via roots...

Drum Beating should be a sound move

The user plays its drum, controlling the drum's roots to attack the target. This also lowers the target's Speed stat.

Like sending sound waves via roots...

Probably not since the discrption sounds more like the drumbeat is controlling the roots, the roots are doing the attacking, and the roots are also lowering the speed of the opposing pokemon because they're being controlled.

Back
Top Bottom