• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens I - VIII)

Yes, he really is the "Meteodaina" from the leak that mentioned Wooloo and Nessa. To some people it was surprising because we have not had a main legendary with a name change in who knows how much time.

Legendaries and mythicals have been localized pretty faithfully with the exception of the bird trio (and to a much lesser extent Mesprit, Azelf and Thundurus, but those are just minor liberties). UBs are a different story, probably because the Japanese names are weird. Meteordyna made me think of a feminine mythical.

Is there an NPC that trades their Togepi for a Toxel, and, if so, where are they located? Thanks.

I just left a Ditto and a Wabuffet on the Day Care, because I wanted to get a Wynaut. The woman on the Wild Area gave me an egg, and inexplicably the egg hatched and I got another Wabuffet. What? There's some info that I'm missing? I did the same thing with Clefairy+Ditto, Pikachu+Ditto, and I did get Cleffa and Pichu. Can you help me?

I just left a Ditto and a Wabuffet on the Day Care, because I wanted to get a Wynaut. The woman on the Wild Area gave me an egg, and inexplicably the egg hatched and I got another Wabuffet. What? There's some info that I'm missing? I did the same thing with Clefairy+Ditto, Pikachu+Ditto, and I did get Cleffa and Pichu. Can you help me?
Give Wobbuffet a Lax Incense to hold. You can buy them in the city with Nessa’s gym.

Sorry for the double post but...

Where on Route 9 is the best place to hunt for Dhelmise? Or is there only one location where it spawns?

Sorry for the double post but...

Where on Route 9 is the best place to hunt for Dhelmise? Or is there only one location where it spawns?

According to Serebii, Dhelmise only has a 1% chance of spawning, though, fortunately, it's in the overworld, so you don't need to bother with fishing or random encounters like back in Gen VII. The locations that Dhelmise spawns are Circhester Bay in all weather, and in Outer Spikemuth during everything else. Hope that helps.

According to Serebii, Dhelmise only has a 1% chance of spawning, though, fortunately, it's in the overworld, so you don't need to bother with fishing or random encounters like back in Gen VII. The locations that Dhelmise spawns are Circhester Bay in all weather, and in Outer Spikemuth during everything else. Hope that helps.
Thank you.

What’s funny is that right after I posted my question, I found one at Outer Spikemuth. I think that’s the best place to hunt for them since there’s many chances for it to spawn.

Does anyone know the average encounter rate of G-Max Charizard in the den at Lake of Outrage? I cannot get it to appear no matter how many times I’ve tried. I’ve found what I think is every other rare spawn Pokémon there multiple times over, including Charmeleon, but I cannot find a single Charizard raid.

How’s the Battle Tower? I need to beat it in order to get the IV checker, however, I don’t want to rush in unprepared.

Anybody know what's up with HA in pokemon caught in Max Raids? Serebii says that it can only come from certain dens and levels... but I've got a HA machop and an HA sizzlipede from dens that only have "standard" abilities listed. Trying to get an HA corphish, so any help would be appreciated!

Is it true that every two badges, you can encounter raids that are one star higher than what you could encounter before? I want an Indeedee, however, it is only available in 3+ star raids. I’m not certain if I can encounter it prior to the 3rd gym.

Is it true that every two badges, you can encounter raids that are one star higher than what you could encounter before? I want an Indeedee, however, it is only available in 3+ star raids. I’m not certain if I can encounter it prior to the 3rd gym.

That is correct. After you beat Milo, 2-Star Max Raid Battles become available, while after beating Kabu, 3-Star Max Raid Battles become available, and so on and so forth. So, by that pattern, every odd-numbered badge obtained increases the level of Max Raid Battles. It also causes the lower level MRB to become rarer unless you provoke them with Wishing Pieces. So, if there's a certain Max Raid Mon that can only be found at a certain level, don't rush through your gym quest too quickly or you may accidentally miss your chance. I learned that the hard way.

I'm looking for someone to trade some pokemon. I need to get Sobble and Grookey to Finish my pokedex, so if you are looking for a jolly Scorbunny, just give me your starter (just breed it to get some).

I'm also need to trade my Zamazenta for a a Zacian, and my Swirlix and Rhydon to evolve them. I will not stole your pokemon. All I want is register Zacian on Pokedex, then I'll send back. I'm on to trade if you have some interest.

Just wondering if anyone knows if an egg is determined to be shiny before you get it from the nursery lady or not? I'm guessing it isn't but am a little worried because I'm having a drift issue with my FIFTH replacement joycon at the minute and trying to hatch for a shiny galarian slowpoke but sometimes because of the drift issue, it will say 'no' to taking the egg and she keeps it.

I hatched a shiny Rotom a few days ago and missed a few eggs by clicking no because of the drift but still managed to get it so I'm guessing everything is determined after you receive the egg?

Just wondering if anyone knows if an egg is determined to be shiny before you get it from the nursery lady or not? I'm guessing it isn't but am a little worried because I'm having a drift issue with my FIFTH replacement joycon at the minute and trying to hatch for a shiny galarian slowpoke but sometimes because of the drift issue, it will say 'no' to taking the egg and she keeps it.

I hatched a shiny Rotom a few days ago and missed a few eggs by clicking no because of the drift but still managed to get it so I'm guessing everything is determined after you receive the egg?
I'm not sure about when the Egg's stats are decided this gen, but as for your Joy-Con, do you clean under that little rubber cap? Not the top one, but the one that's on the bottom of the stick? Cause tiny bits of grime and debris easily build up under it, which usually causes the drifting. Mine had no more issues ever since I cleaned it, or rather, if the issues turn up, it's easily solved by cleaning under that little rubber cap.

Got a quick question regarding the Rotom Catalog. If you use the Rotom Catalog on a Rotom then trade the transformed Rotom to another game, does it retain the form (ie: Wash Rotom) that was previously selected before trading or will it default back to normal Rotom once the trade is complete? Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom