• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens I - VIII)

Sooo... hopefully this is the right place to ask this.

I heard Eevee's evolution methods have changed a bit, with like a leaf stone evolving it into Leafeon now. Do Umbreon and Espeon still evolve through friendship or is that changed too? I can't find any specific answers to those two.

Also, is the day/night cycle only in the Wild Area? That's the only place where it was night when I was playing at night.

I heard Eevee's evolution methods have changed a bit, with like a leaf stone evolving it into Leafeon now. Do Umbreon and Espeon still evolve through friendship or is that changed too? I can't find any specific answers to those two.

Only Glaceon and Leafeon (and Charjabug, I say just to be thorough) have changed to evolve with Stones. Umbreon, Espeon, and Sylveon all still use the usual methods.

How early into the game can Toxel be encountered? I would look on Serebii myself, but I want to minimize the chances of coming into contact with spoilers regarding this Pokemon. Thanks.

How early into the game can Toxel be encountered? I would look on Serebii myself, but I want to minimize the chances of coming into contact with spoilers regarding this Pokemon. Thanks.
On Route 5 you are gifted one from a trainer in the Nursery.

On Route 5 you are gifted one from a trainer in the Nursery.

Thanks for the quick response. I'm so sorry to badger you with more questions and I hope I don't appear ungrateful, but when's the earliest I can capture one? I'm not the biggest fan of gifted Pokemon because they always come in normal Pokeballs.

Thanks for the quick response. I'm so sorry to badger you with more questions and I hope I don't appear ungrateful, but when's the earliest I can capture one? I'm not the biggest fan of gifted Pokemon because they always come in normal Pokeballs.
Oh it's no problem at all.

The earliest you can encounter wild Toxel is when you unlock the wild area, but the earliest you can catch it is after you have beaten the second gym, giving you the ability to catch Pokemon up to Level 30. Toxel can be found at the Motostoke Riverbank, but only during Thunderstorms. It's an overworld encounter, and has an encounter rate of 5%.

Oh it's no problem at all.

The earliest you can encounter wild Toxel is when you unlock the wild area, but the earliest you can catch it is after you have beaten the second gym, giving you the ability to catch Pokemon up to Level 30. Toxel can be found at the Motostoke Riverbank, but only during Thunderstorms. It's an overworld encounter, and has an encounter rate of 5%.

Guess I'll go with the gift one, but that normal Pokeball will haunt me (unless we can switch Pokeball's or GameFreak has changed the way Pokeball inheritance works). Thanks again for the response.

How does one evolve a Milcery?

EDIT: Found this:

Evolving Milcery involves having the player character spin in place while their Milcery is holding a Sweet Item. Spin direction (Clockwise or counterclockwise), seconds taken, and time of day influence the variant of Alcremie that it evolves into.

...but then how do you get specific forms then? Has anyone figured any out?

Last edited:
did some types get new kinds of immunities against moves, abilities?

Like Rock types against Stealth Rocks? Ground types against Spikes?

Or some species like spiders against spider web or something in this kind?

Are G-Resonance and Drum Beating sound moves?

Does Soundproof protect from G-Lapras Gmax move Renosanse?

Is Grav Aple a ball and bombs based move category?

Is Grav Aples Power doubled during Gravity?

Did moves like Gravity and others get extrra effects?

Do Max moves break through Protect?

Do Max Guard block Feint and Phantom Force like moves?

Do G-max moves break through Protects or Max Guards?

Do G-max pokemon react in the same way like D-max pokemon or do they have something more then immunity to flinching? like a natural immunity to sandstorm, hail , entry hazards?

Did old pokemon get some ability changes?

Did old moves and abilities changed?

Do we have a list of all buffs and nerfs when it comes to effects?

Last edited:
I hope that G- sound and bullet moves will get blocked by immunity abilities.

Idk, I tried to fake out a Dynamax mon before and it didn't work so I think they might have unique mechanics

Probably not.

we need to confirm that first... would be cool if they would think about that too.

can a Pokemon wake up from sleep or get unconfused when D-maxing or G-maxing after it was sleeping or confused before?

Does Disable and Cursed body work on D-max and G-max pokemo and their moves?

Are pokemon with Overcoat and dark types immune to Magic Powder?

Here on smogon they have also interesting questions:

Last edited:
Anyone know how likely am I to get a HA Maractus from Max Raids? I'll settle for Water Absorb but Storm Drain would be ballin

Back
Top Bottom