• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens I - VIII)

I've got a more technical question. How do you delete a saved data file for Sword/Shield? I attempted a Nuzlocke on a second user account (and failed miserably), but I didn't know how to delete that data. I ended up deleting the user account in the process, forcing me to remake the user account. So, how do you delete saved Sword/Shield data? Is there a button code like in past games or do you have to take the long way around and delete all the data like I had to? Thanks in advance.

I want to catch several Pokemon with hidden abilities and I'd like to know how to do this

Is there something you need to pay attention to or can you just catch them after catching several ones in a row ?

Thanks in advance

I've got a more technical question. How do you delete a saved data file for Sword/Shield? I attempted a Nuzlocke on a second user account (and failed miserably), but I didn't know how to delete that data. I ended up deleting the user account in the process, forcing me to remake the user account. So, how do you delete saved Sword/Shield data? Is there a button code like in past games or do you have to take the long way around and delete all the data like I had to? Thanks in advance.
You delete the save file by going into the Switch settings, going to the section regarding save data. If you scroll down, the bottom has an option to delete save data for a title. Keep in mind, I'm not sure if this will allow you to receive the early purchase Meowth again (I hope it does, I restarted yesterday without thinking of this).

Can someone please tel me if the only way too battle dynamax monsters in the wild are with outher people in the world (online) is paying Nintendo Subscription? Thanks

Can someone please tel me if the only way too battle dynamax monsters in the wild are with outher people in the world (online) is paying Nintendo Subscription? Thanks

When you go to a Max Raid battle, you're given the option of inviting other players or not inviting them. If you don't invite other players, then you will fight alongside NPCs.

Do hidden items (as in the sparkly items on the ground) regenerate in this game like they did in let’s go?

I dont mean whats better but lets analyse stats and what we gain from each and what are your preferences, likes and dislikes?

Do hidden items (as in the sparkly items on the ground) regenerate in this game like they did in let’s go?
I've found items in the same spots in the Wild Area multiple times, but I don't know for sure about hidden items on normal routes.

Now for a question of my own: are you locked into the Champion Cup once you start it like the Elite Four? Or can I beat a opponent and then just go mess around for in the Wild Area for an hour before fighting the next one?

I got 2 questions.

1. Were can I obtain BP?

2. I'm having trouble evolving my Galarian Yamask. It's got 50 points of damage, and I've walked under the arch in Dusty Bowl about a hundred times now. What am I doing wrong?
(edit: Figured out question 2)

Last edited:
I've been on a couple of websites, but I'm still really confused about how Gigantamax works. I caught a Applin and evolved it into Appletun and I evolved the gift Toxel into an Amped Toxtricity, but they both just Dynamax. One website said that the Pokemon needs to be caught through Max Raid Battles, but I caught a Centiskorch in one and it doesn't have the Gigantamax option either.
I want Hatterene and Appletun, but I want them to be able to Gigantamax. Can someone explain how this actually works?

I've been on a couple of websites, but I'm still really confused about how Gigantamax works. I caught a Applin and evolved it into Appletun and I evolved the gift Toxel into an Amped Toxtricity, but they both just Dynamax. One website said that the Pokemon needs to be caught through Max Raid Battles, but I caught a Centiskorch in one and it doesn't have the Gigantamax option either.
I want Hatterene and Appletun, but I want them to be able to Gigantamax. Can someone explain how this actually works?

If I understood it correctly, Gigantamax mons are obtainable through Max Raid battles, but they aren't guaranteed. If they can Gigantamax, they'll be in their Gigantamax form when you find them.

If I fail to catch a Pokémon in a Max Raid battle and fought it offline, i.e. with NPCs, can I soft reset and try again?

If I fail to catch a Pokémon in a Max Raid battle and fought it offline, i.e. with NPCs, can I soft reset and try again?
I've lost several Max Raid Battles; the portal remained open with the same Pokemon, available to try again. I think they last until the day ends; then, I imagine it resets to another Pokemon or den.

I've lost several Max Raid Battles; the portal remained open with the same Pokemon, available to try again. I think they last until the day ends; then, I imagine it resets to another Pokemon or den.
But does it stay open if I beat the Pokémon but I fail to catch it?

I have two questions regarding egg moves.
  1. If I put two Pokemon of the same gender into the daycare, can they pass egg moves to each other?
  2. If I put two Pokemon of different egg groups into the daycare, can they pass egg moves to each other?
Thanks.

does Bulletproof protect from Arrow and stiching moves now too?
Spirit Shackle and Dragon Darts?
also against Mud shot, Snipe Shot, Gunk shoot, Anchor shot ?
Ice shard? Moonblast?

Soundproof protects against Overload? what with the G-move of it and gainst G-Renosance?
what about Drum Beating?

So I haven’t gotten the game yet but I’m going to be getting it in December and have been watching playthroughs in the meantime. These are questions I’ve had while watching.

• Can you buy new toys for the Pokémon Camp? If so, what is available, where can you buy them, and what currency do you use?
  • For curry, I’ve seen quite a few ingredients available from sellers and Serebii’s current list of all makable curries however I notice that in the current list, most recipes have a single main ingredient (ex: pasta, potatoes, cheese) Let’s say you wanted to make a pasta curry with Moo Moo Cheese and mushrooms. Is that possible or can you only put one main ingredient per curry?
  • Where are all the spots you can get Alcremie sweets and can you only get one per day per area or just one per day no matter location?

Back
Top Bottom