• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens I - VIII)

I want to get fossils from the digging duo. Which brother would be better to pick, the stamina one or the reward one?

I want to get fossils from the digging duo. Which brother would be better to pick, the stamina one or the reward one?

Both can get the fossils, so it really doesn't matter which one you pick. The Reward one might be better, as he tends to get the most bang for your bucks (or, in this case, Watts), but it's a roll of the dice regardless, so you might as well spend 1,000 Watts (500 each) to double your chances.

Both can get the fossils, so it really doesn't matter which one you pick. The Reward one might be better, as he tends to get the most bang for your bucks (or, in this case, Watts), but it's a roll of the dice regardless, so you might as well spend 1,000 Watts (500 each) to double your chances.
Thank you.

Someone knows this somewhere, because Serebii lists the maximum damage that can be done for each and every pokemon by each max move it has. But they don't tell you what move gives you that damage or what the formula / table the game uses to get that damage result.

For example, Serebii lists the maximum damage you can get for a Meowth's Max Strike to be one of these 3 depending on which regional variant it is:

• 140(Phy)/130(Spe)
  • 130(Phy)/130(Spe)
  • 140(Phy)/130(Spe)

But it doesn't say which number matches which regional variant. It doesn't say what moves give you that damage amount. And it doesn't tell you the mathematics of how they got those numbers.

I'm currently trying to build the perfect gold farming Gigantamax Meowth. It has its own Max move: G-Max Gold Rush with maximum damage of 140(Phy)/130(Spe). Again. I have no idea how to get these values.

Some people have said certain moves like Hammer Arm will have a weaker Max version than their normal version. Perhaps this is because of having less than 100% accuracy or self debuffs that the move gives you. Or maybe it's just solely because fighting and poison max moves are always weaker because of the ally buffs, and nothing else matters.

I can't find concrete information about this anywhere. Please help.

It really should be listed under these pages:

I tried to suggest this on their discussion pages, but general editing of Bulbapedia is currently disabled. So, I came here.

So I asked around the Discord and someone told me that each move has its own preset value for Max Move base power. He didn't have the data on him, but said we had that data somewhere. Is there someone here who could point me to where I could find that data? I'd love to sift through it and make a spreadsheet to share.

Probably not since the discrption sounds more like the drumbeat is controlling the roots, the roots are doing the attacking, and the roots are also lowering the speed of the opposing pokemon because they're being controlled.

if you control roots with sound and it looks like it sends sound waves with them to move them then it should be a physical sound move. Destricption is onething, the visual effect the other...
Why making problems, such a good opportunity to make it finaly happen.

they caled it "Drum Attack". I notice the Drum in the name... hope they change it into a sound move.
or did people not test it on substitute and soundproof?
also like with Yawn...

Its like with moves with "water gun" , "pin missile" "shoot" and "shot' moves in their name and with Bulletproof. Lack of consistency where Japan and their people are famous for consistency.

Does Snipe shot hit seminvulnerable protected turn users? Phantom Force, Dig, Fly?
does it break through substitutes? reflect? lightscreen?

How many % of pokemon that can mega-evolve are in the Galar dex?
Checked that Absol is out.

Last edited:
if you control roots with sound and it looks like it sends sound waves with them to move them then it should be a physical sound move. Destricption is onething, the visual effect the other...
Why making problems, such a good opportunity to make it finaly happen.

they caled it "Drum Attack". I notice the Drum in the name... hope they change it into a sound move.
or did people not test it on substitute and soundproof?
also like with Yawn...

Its like with moves with "water gun" , "pin missile" "shoot" and "shot' moves in their name and with Bulletproof. Lack of consistency where Japan and their people are famous for consistency.

Water Gun is a stream of water so it makes sense, Mud Shot isn't made of hard small projectiles that are bullet-like, it's literaly just someone flinging mud around. Pin Missile might be the only oversight in that group of moves since it's actually a hard projectile attack where things are being shot at a pokemon in quick succession. But then again, bulletproof vests and glass and whatever don't protect against missiles, so maybe that was their reasoning.

With the other attack, the drumbeat isn't attacking the Pokemon, it's being sent through the ground and vines are attacking the Pokemon, like I said. With other sound moves like Hyper Voice or Round, the sound is directly hitting the Pokemon and it's taking damage from hearing it.

Also Yawn is more of the action that makes Pokemon sleepy. Not nessisarily the sound of the yawning. So once again...not a sound move.

Anyway I have another question of my own:

Ever since the server screw up the other day, has the Y-Comm's notifications not been refreshing very well? Like have they gotten even worse?

Because some times I catch a Pokemon while I'm online, and only the chatter notification is saying that I caught a Pokemon. Or I do a Surprise Trade and the only notifications are mine and the person I traded with. I rarely see Raid notications anymore which sucks since that's the only way I'm able to do Raids with real people since nobody signs up for mine.

I already checked and I don't have anything filtered. It's just the page doesn't like to show things anymore. Or at least the X to refresh button at all.

Last edited:
What's the best Pokemon to use as a catcher?

Right now I have a lvl 80 Gallade with False Swipe/Psycho Cut/Swords Dance/Thunder Wave but I feel like there are better options out there. I mean, I can't catch ghosts but unfortunately Odor Sleuth and Foresight are cut...

Is there a max move that can hit all four challengers, if yes, will the user get affected by four pressures at once?

Are Hidden Abilities exclusive to 4 and 5 star Max Raids?

It seems like it for regular encounters, at least from looking at all the dens Frosmoth/Applin evos appear in according to Serebii. But either way you can look for the hidden ability chance for a particular Pokémon here: Max Raid Battles - Pokémon Sword & Shield

I did get a HA Butterfree on a 3-star raid, but I'm pretty sure it was because of the online event (it was Gigantamax).

I have a related question though: when do 4 and 5-star raids start to appear? I assume it's based on in-game progress? I'm up to the 5th gym (about to challenge the 6th) and I've only seen up to 3 star raids.

I'm currently working on my living dex and was wondering what Pokemon had different box sprites?
I know there is the two Indeedee, but does Eiscue's forms have different box sprites or will it restore the ice cube face if it is healed by the Pokemon Centre?
Also, I really don't want to do all 60+ Alcremie if I don't have to... I'm scared to ask... Do they have individual box sprites too?

It seems like it for regular encounters, at least from looking at all the dens Frosmoth/Applin evos appear in according to Serebii. But either way you can look for the hidden ability chance for a particular Pokémon here: Max Raid Battles - Pokémon Sword & Shield

I did get a HA Butterfree on a 3-star raid, but I'm pretty sure it was because of the online event (it was Gigantamax).

I have a related question though: when do 4 and 5-star raids start to appear? I assume it's based on in-game progress? I'm up to the 5th gym (about to challenge the 6th) and I've only seen up to 3 star raids.
I read that you won't get 5 star raids until you have collected all 8 badges. I'm about as far in as you, but I haven't done any Max Raids yet since beating Opal. I feel like I might need at least 6 badges for 4 star raids though...

And same with the G-Max Butterfree, it was a 3 star raid. Not sure if mine has its HA, cause I haven't actually used it

Also Yawn is more of the action that makes Pokemon sleepy. Not nessisarily the sound of the yawning. So once again...not a sound move.

You mean it works like hypnosis?
how many pokemon have eyes? I always though the sound was the hit point in a yawn not the gesture itself?
also we have sings, would be no problem to have both...

Water Gun is a stream of water so it makes sense, Mud Shot isn't made of hard small projectiles that are bullet-like, it's literaly just someone flinging mud around. Pin Missile might be the only oversight in that group of moves since it's actually a hard projectile attack where things are being shot at a pokemon in quick succession. But then again, bulletproof vests and glass and whatever don't protect against missiles, so maybe that was their reasoning.

outside of that we have gun in japanese name, water gun literally and bullets seed japanese name check it up...
seed machine gun...
also even if cannon , ball and bomb in names or dex descriptions are they should be... Shot, missile, shoot, gun, blast, bomb and ball moves that fit the bill should be counted for... especially seeing the battle animations of some moves.

Last edited:
I have finished the game could I still find a wooloo max raid

also I have been siny hunting what is the better way to do this

when does the Y-comm become available in Sword and Shield?

I think it becomes active after you do the scenes with Prof. Magnolia at the start of the game, just after Leon gives you and Hop the endorsement and you get the Dynamax Band. I know this because I traded over an egg not long after that (but before the train ride to the Wild Area) to my newly-acquired Shield version (thanks to a relative, the very same one that gave me the Switch Lite), so I know you can access it around that point. I'm not 100% sure when exactly you get access to it, but I know it's in between getting the Pokedex and the train ride to the Wild Area. Hope that helps.

Are berry trees the only way to obtain berries? (Aside from the little shop that sells three basic berries, that is?)

Are berry trees the only way to obtain berries? (Aside from the little shop that sells three basic berries, that is?)

Technically, no, but it's the most "reliable" way. There isn't a way to grow berries nor any other shop within the region that sells them, with the exception of the little shop at the start of the game. So, you have to spend time shaking berry trees (and hoping not to get "ambushed") if you want to fill out your berry collection. There is one other way: Max Raid Battles, but it's inconsistent, as it's only a certain percent chance you'll get some (20% or so, give or take), and you only get 2-3 different types, one each, at a time at most. So, unless you want to spend a lot of time hunting Max Raid Battles, berry trees are the only real option you have in collecting more berries.

why did they chose Defog to rome terrains?
(maybe good but think a ground move should or could do that too... )

Back
Top Bottom