• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens I - VIII)

I heard the ability to Gigantamax is determined by a Boolean value which was called "the G factor" can the G factor be passed on via breeding?

I heard the ability to Gigantamax is determined by a Boolean value which was called "the G factor" can the G factor be passed on via breeding?

While I never heard of the "G factor" bit, I do know that anything involving Gigantamax cannot be passed down via breeding. Basically, when you get a G-Max Mon in a Max Raid Battle, that Mon is the end of it, as you can't pass down G-Maxing through breeding.

do shinies have a shiny box icon as well? i'd like to know if i missed a shiny dreepy without going through 12+ boxes of them

Can you get gigantamax duraludon after the 7th gym? I want one for the battle against the dragon leader.

I know you can change the name of a trade pokemon now, though only one time. Does this include in-game trades?

Didn't that only apply to Pokémon that didn't originally have a nickname, though?

That's what I heard, too. From what I know, you can only nickname traded Mons that don't have a nickname to begin with (ie: someone trades you a Koffing with no nickname, you can name it yourself). At least, that's what Serebii said, if memory serves.

Does Max Raid with shining Pokemon icon and orange background has better chance of the encountered Pokemon to have better IV and/or HA? Or is it just yield better reward after defeating it?

do shinies have a shiny box icon as well? i'd like to know if i missed a shiny dreepy without going through 12+ boxes of them
No.

I'm not a hundred percent on this, but if you go into the Pokedex and look at Dreepy, you can go through and see the different models in the game for it, if you have seen one of them. This applies to shinies as well, so you can simply check the Pokedex to see if you have seen a shiny version of this Pokemon.

When is the earliest I can get an Oddish and a Sun Stone?

Also where do you get the sweet accessory for Alcremie that looks like Bellossom's flowers?

These questions might have theme to them.

When is the earliest I can get an Oddish and a Sun Stone?

Also where do you get the sweet accessory for Alcremie that looks like Bellossom's flowers?

These questions might have theme to them.
Oddish can be found in the Wild Area, the Sunstone I'm not sure and will probably take a while. I think I didn't come across one till at least after the 4th Gym? The flower sweet is a random reward from the Battle Cafe, which I think you could savescum for

Questions in the title. I am also new so this could be in the wrong section for all I know.

Questions in the title. I am also new so this could be in the wrong section for all I know.
It's found in your preferences, between Privacy Options and Push Notifications. The field should look like this:
index.php

they didn't change the masuda method in any way, did they? i'm breeding a chinese drakloak from wonder trade with a drakloak i caught myself and haven't gotten a shiny in over 700 eggs (no shiny charm, but the odds are still 1/682). am i just unlucky?

they didn't change the masuda method in any way, did they? i'm breeding a chinese drakloak from wonder trade with a drakloak i caught myself and haven't gotten a shiny in over 700 eggs (no shiny charm, but the odds are still 1/682). am i just unlucky?

I think it might just be luck unfortunately, I remember way back in X I was breeding for a Shiny Sentret using the Masuda Method and with the Shiny Charm and I was over 900 eggs before I got one.

I have a quick question about breeding and IVs. I have a Ditto with 4 out of 6 perfect IVs holding a Destiny Knit and a female Diglett with 3 out of 6 perfect IVs (2 of which are the ones Ditto is missing) plus it has the Nature I want to pass on.
I thought if I gave the Diglett a Destiny Knot as well, I would have a better chance of getting a Diglett with nearly all perfect IVs, but I've had no such luck, plus I lose the desired Nature.
Am I better off giving my Diglett an Everstone for the Nature and just EV Training and Hyper Training for the stats? Or should I carry on with the double Destiny Knots until I get a perfect Diglett base then keep breeding it until I get the Nature?

Sorry if this is not so simple a question / answer and thanks in advance for any advice.

Back
Top Bottom