• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens I - VIII)

Do we know how to choose Vivillion forms in Sword and Shield?

I know the Pokémon is currently unobtainable, but do we know if there is is a trick like for the 3ds that you could temporarily change your region to get the form you wanted? Perhaps someone has analized the game's code?

And, anyway, do we know when Vivillon will be released? (I'm trying to decide if it's worth to wait till Vivillon is released so that we are sure about how it works)

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a thorough list of what the effects of cheering in Max Raid Battles could be? I know some effects are setting up Reflect/Light Screen, healing up an ally or two, e.t.c., but can the list of all possible effects of cheering be found anywhere?

Do we know how to choose Vivillion forms in Sword and Shield?

I know the Pokémon is currently unobtainable, but do we know if there is is a trick like for the 3ds that you could temporarily change your region to get the form you wanted? Perhaps someone has analized the game's code?
Considering Vivillion isn't in SwSh, I don't think anyone knows how its forms will work in those games. Heck, it might never be added.
And, anyway, do we know when Vivillon will be released?
I don't think so.
Is there a thorough list of what the effects of cheering in Max Raid Battles could be? I know some effects are setting up Reflect/Light Screen, healing up an ally or two, e.t.c., but can the list of all possible effects of cheering be found anywhere?
Serebii has a list on their Max Raid page:
Adds Reflect
Adds Light Screen
Removes Opponent's Shield
Raises a stat of all allies
Removes Status Conditions
Fully restores ally Hit Points
Does nothing

Sword and Shield's visible Pokemon encounters has gotten quite annoying as its too easy to run into them which makes it difficult to run into the regular random encounters. I know I can ring the bike's bell to scare off some Pokemon, but it attracts others.

Got a quick question regarding Crown Tundra. Since I've only played Crown Tundra in my main file, which has beaten the game and whatnot, I want to know something. Like Isle of Armor, does the Crown Tundra scale the levels of both the Mons and Trainers according to your progress in the main story? Or is Crown Tundra set to "post-game" levels? Thanks in advance.

Got a quick question regarding Crown Tundra. Since I've only played Crown Tundra in my main file, which has beaten the game and whatnot, I want to know something. Like Isle of Armor, does the Crown Tundra scale the levels of both the Mons and Trainers according to your progress in the main story? Or is Crown Tundra set to "post-game" levels? Thanks in advance.
I believe Crown Tundra does not scale levels, no. The levels of the Pokémon in the Crown Tundra will stay relevant to the post-game.

Zarude code from email

Has anyone gotten theirs yet? I thought that email was coming out on the 6th.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I still haven’t gotten my Zarude code. I think I had this problem last time too where I couldn’t find the email. Has anyone gotten their code yet?

It went to my Junk folder, I would check there.

Not in my junk folder unfortunately. I contacted customer service cause I've never received a newsletter from them despite having never unchecked that box.

UPDATE:
So yeah, turns out a lot of folks followed the directions properly and just didn't get a code. Nintendo's response so far has been "ah well." There's a workaround where you can get one from the German Gamestop site so a lot of people have just been doing that.

Last edited:
In my sword version, I keep on changing my switch’s date while making sure the time is at night, turning my game off at Freezington and restarting, but I cannot get Oleana to appear. It’s weird because in my shield, I was able to get Oleana to appear from the get-go. I can guarantee that I fulfilled all the prerequisites (like triggering the dialogue with Peonia and finishing the story mode in crown tundra). Do I just need to keep on changing the date and look? Or do I need to actually let time pass in real life before the chance of Oleana appearing is triggered?

'Sup, guys? Do you think Greninja's unavailability and non-transferability in Sword and Shield and its Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra have both ruined its popularity? Why?

Back
Top Bottom