• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens I - VIII)

I may be just being stupid as I have over 1,000 hours playtime as a competitive player and have neeever done one of those event max raids with increased shiny odds.

So I just wanted to ask if anyone here knows what the "2% shiny odds" means with the event raids? Like I wanna start trying to find the Marill currently in the event, but that number confuses me as it doesn't explain anything... What are my actual odds of finding it with the shiny charm?

I think it doesn't make sense to me because on Serebii the other encounters in the same raid dens as Marill say for example "32% shiny odds"? So why is that not considered a higher odd than the shiny one stating 2%? I hope someone can explain I'd be sooo grateful. I'm at work right now and wanna get home and start hunting lol.
I don’t know

I don’t know myself

I don’t help

I may be just being stupid as I have over 1,000 hours playtime as a competitive player and have neeever done one of those event max raids with increased shiny odds.

So I just wanted to ask if anyone here knows what the "2% shiny odds" means with the event raids? Like I wanna start trying to find the Marill currently in the event, but that number confuses me as it doesn't explain anything... What are my actual odds of finding it with the shiny charm?

I think it doesn't make sense to me because on Serebii the other encounters in the same raid dens as Marill say for example "32% shiny odds"? So why is that not considered a higher odd than the shiny one stating 2%? I hope someone can explain I'd be sooo grateful. I'm at work right now and wanna get home and start hunting lol.
As far as I know the conditions of the event dens are fixed and aren't influenced by the Shiny Charm and all that stuff, that is why Marill appears twice in the list, one spot is for fixed Shiny Marill and one is for fixed non Shiny Marill.

Also, take into account that 2% is waaaaay higher than most methods you can use regularly, and if you only enter Marill raids your chance of finding the shiny one becomes a 5.88% by process of elimination.

Can you transfer Pokémon whose Dynamax Level is completely maxed out over to Pokémon HOME and to other Pokémon mainline games like Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl, Legends: Arceus, and Scarlet & Violet or are they stuck in Sword & Shield? If a Pokémon has maxed out their Dynamax Level via Dynamax Candies then there's no way to lower it since it's permanent but does that mean they can't be transferred over to newer Pokémon titles?

Last edited:
Okay, I've booted up my Sword save file for the first time since the credits rolled back in the day, and my first question is:

"Where is the postgame?" Or more specifically, I know that it starts by going back to the Slumbering Weald, but are there any in-game hints to guide you there? (For example, the menu doesn't show any quest objectives until you've actually started it) Can you find Hop or Sonia around somewhere mentioning it (or really anyone else), or is this something you ... just have to go back there voluntarily to discover on your own?

Okay, I've booted up my Sword save file for the first time since the credits rolled back in the day, and my first question is:

"Where is the postgame?" Or more specifically, I know that it starts by going back to the Slumbering Weald, but are there any in-game hints to guide you there? (For example, the menu doesn't show any quest objectives until you've actually started it) Can you find Hop or Sonia around somewhere mentioning it (or really anyone else), or is this something you ... just have to go back there voluntarily to discover on your own?
I haven't played the postgame since the games came out, so I can't be sure, but I think hop said something about returning the rusted sword and shield to their original locations.

I haven't played the postgame since the games came out, so I can't be sure, but I think hop said something about returning the rusted sword and shield to their original locations.
That's a reasonable hint, but where do you even find Hop (or Sonia, Leon, anyone who'd know) then? AFAIK the first time you load your save file there is a quick camera glimpse of the Slumbering Weald but that is all the hints I know of.

By now I've finished the postgame -- and Zacian having Swords Dance felt (compared to Zamazenta having Iron Defense) felt positively unfair for catching purposes. I insisted on using a special ball, too, so that required about 4 reloads before the Moon Ball succeeded in catching it.

Is there any way today, to get the early purchase bonuses (Manaphy egg, Platinum outfit) in BDSP?
First, go to Jubilife City to talk to one of the TV producers on the third floor. I think there’s also a password you have to enter? Idk. I unlocked it by following the steps and now I have a Manaphy egg (now hatched, main on SP team) and the Platinum outfit (I chose Dawn).
Navigate to the main menu and then select the option that says Mystery Gift. Then select “Get with Code/Password” and type any code from the list (idk what list).
I’m afraid you’re likely too late to get it. I read something about it expiring February of 2022 or whatever, idk.

Would anyone know where to locate a walkthrough strategy guide for Pokemon emerald?
That is one old game so no links I know of but...

1. Pick Mudkip, Water Gun/Muddy Water/Surf and Mud Slap/Mud Shot/Earthquake are 99% what you need. You could use Ice Beam (Abandoned Ship TM)/Blizzard (Lilycove Dept Store) and Secret Power (only Surskit resists all the above lol, but it has extra PP and cool terrain effects, Route 111 TM it is)
2. Catch a Zigzagoon (Pickup + HM Slave) and a Taillow (Fly + Route 110 Grovyle rival battle). Also Tentacool when you get Surf (too much water HMs).
3. Never use Taillow again after Route 110 Grovyle.
4. Profit

Mudkip first evolves in Rustboro just before Roxanne then around Fallarbor. No major enemy uses a good Grass type ever again, Route 119 Grovyle is a joke by that point, Sidney's Cacturne too if you run an Ice move.

Back
Top Bottom