• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

I have a quick question on the Game Sync feature of Pokemon Black/White. I currently have both a copy of Black and White synced up, but I am looking at starting a new game on one of my version. Does anyone know if I will be able to un-register and re-register the new save files? Or I am stuck with the two saves files linked to the games I currently have loaded?

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this or knows the answer.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I'm not really sure what you mean by un-register (are you talking about it being linked to your dream world account?) but you can delete your save file to make a new one, you'll just never be able to load your old one again, cuz ya know, you have to delete it in order to start over.

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

Ok so someone stole my pokemon white and i had every legendary on there legit. I was really upset so i went out and bought pokemon black. So my question is, is it wrong to use a action replay on soul silver to get all my legendarys again that I lost and transfer them over and having them at lvl 1.

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

Ok so someone stole my pokemon white and i had every legendary on there legit. I was really upset so i went out and bought pokemon black. So my question is, is it wrong to use a action replay on soul silver to get all my legendarys again that I lost and transfer them over and having them at lvl 1.
Thats subjective. I say if thats what you want for your game, go ahead, but dont use them in battles against people or trade them to people without telling them that they are hacked first.

On a multi-hit move like Double Hit, does a gem boost only the first hit or all of the hits?

On a multi-hit move like Double Hit, does a gem boost only the first hit or all of the hits?

From Smogon:
Elemental Gems give a one-time 1.5x boost to damaging attacks of the same type as the gem. Gives an activation message when used up. Does not work with Fling. All hits of a multi-hit move such as Icicle Spear are boosted, but not multi-turn moves such as Outrage. Thief will not steal items the same turn a Dark Jewel is comnsumed. Activates when using Counter, Mirror Coat or Metal Burst but does not do any additional damage.

Re: What was the point

so you could still see that players number of pokemon caught and the other stats that are in the elite 4 lobby?

"Event Pokemon" Help?

Hey Folks,

My goal is to get all 649 Pokemon but I know there are some that cannot be caught in the main game (FR/LG - R/S/E - SS/HG - P/D/P - B/W) and can only be found in other games like Pokemon Ranger. I believe these are called "Event Pokemon". I'm sorry I've got this mixed up with something else.

Ideally I would like to catch them myself, so does anyone know which Pokemon are are in which game?

I've looked online and not all the games are still being sold new. Would I still get them if I had to buy the game second hand? I know there is a section about this in the Bulbapedia but I want to be absolutely sure I know what I'm looking for before committing to buy it anything from eBay etc.

Thank :151-6:

Re: "Event Pokemon" Help?

I'm afraid some require events to get. For example, Arceus will require a certain item (that was distributed via Nintendo Wifi Connection years ago) in Platinum to get.

I hate to suggest this, but maybe you can use an AR to get the item required to unlock the event that gets you the battle versus Arceus.

The same with other item triggered events involving legendary pokemon.

Actually, Arceus is being distributed through the Dream World until May 1st, if you want a legit one.

Can't you get Darkrai in Pokemon Ranger?

Can't you get Darkrai in Pokemon Ranger?

It was a downloadable mission for Shadows of Almia, and afterwards, you could transfer the Darkrai to a Gen IV game. So no, you can't get it anymore.

Any other moves like Sky Drop?

Was wondering if any other moves were like Sky Drop in that it is a "regular" move, that is, not a signature move (in this case, a TM) that be learned by more Legendary than non-Legendary Pokemon? Sky Drop can be learned by 9 Legendary but only 7 non-Legendary Pokemon. I don't know why I find that so odd, but I do.

Re: Any other moves like Sky Drop?

If you count all ways to obtain it then ExtremeSpeed would qualify. But yeah, it's quite odd.

From the first generation, everything but Mew can be caught without event
Second generation pokemon I believe you can get everything but Celebi
Generation 3 there's Deoxys
Generation 4 Darkrai, manaphy and Arceus via Dream World
Generation 5 Victini and Zorua, though you could get a zorua on GTS.

Hate to break it to you, but the vast majority of events were limited-time-only, so you won't be able to get them yourself even if you buy the old games. There are a grand total of 15 event-only Pokémon (Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Zorua, Zoroark, Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect). Of these 15:

• 3 are curently unreleased (Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect)
  • 5 were available from events that have since expired (Deoxys, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, and Victini)
  • 3 require you to obtain another event Pokémon first (Phione, Zorua, Zoroark)
That leaves four remaining event Pokémon that are currently available. Arceus is the easiest to obtain, as it requires only a Black or White gameand Wi-Fi access to obtain from the Dream World. Mew is significantly more difficult, requiring either Diamond or Pearl and the WiiWare game My Pokémon Ranch. Jirachi is even harder to obtain, requiring an English Colosseum Bonus Disc (but not Colosseum itself) and an English Ruby or Sapphire game. Celebi is by far the hardest event Pokémon to obtain, as it requires a Japanese Colosseum game, the Japanese Colosseum Bonus Disc (which unlike the English disc has limited uses, so good luck finding one that still works), and a Japanese GBA game.

Simply put, you can't get them all yourself, only those four (barring any future events), and of those only Arceus and possibly Mew are even remotely feasible. You'll have to trade for the rest.

Hate to break it to you, but the vast majority of events were limited-time-only, so you won't be able to get them yourself even if you buy the old games. There are a grand total of 15 event-only Pokémon (Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Zorua, Zoroark, Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect). Of these 15:

• 3 are curently unreleased (Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect)
  • 5 were available from events that have since expired (Deoxys, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, and Victini)
  • 3 require you to obtain another event Pokémon first (Phione, Zorua, Zoroark)
That leaves four remaining event Pokémon that are currently available. Arceus is the easiest to obtain, as it requires only a Black or White gameand Wi-Fi access to obtain from the Dream World. Mew is significantly more difficult, requiring either Diamond or Pearl and the WiiWare game My Pokémon Ranch. Jirachi is even harder to obtain, requiring an English Colosseum Bonus Disc (but not Colosseum itself) and an English Ruby or Sapphire game. Celebi is by far the hardest event Pokémon to obtain, as it requires a Japanese Colosseum game, the Japanese Colosseum Bonus Disc (which unlike the English disc has limited uses, so good luck finding one that still works), and a Japanese GBA game.

Simply put, you can't get them all yourself, only those four (barring any future events), and of those only Arceus and possibly Mew are even remotely feasible. You'll have to trade for the rest.
Jirachi can be got with a PAL pokemon channel...

I have a quick question on the Game Sync feature of Pokemon Black/White. I currently have both a copy of Black and White synced up, but I am looking at starting a new game on one of my version. Does anyone know if I will be able to un-register and re-register the new save files? Or I am stuck with the two saves files linked to the games I currently have loaded?

I'm not really sure what you mean by un-register (are you talking about it being linked to your dream world account?) but you can delete your save file to make a new one, you'll just never be able to load your old one again, cuz ya know, you have to delete it in order to start over.

I mean that on the dream world account you can have two games registered, 1 black and 1 white. If I were to start a new game on black for example, would i be able to register that game file save to the dream world? I can't see any way of removing the activated game. Is it even possible or would I be stuck with a registered game I cant actually sync too?

I mean that on the dream world account you can have two games registered, 1 black and 1 white. If I were to start a new game on black for example, would i be able to register that game file save to the dream world? I can't see any way of removing the activated game. Is it even possible or would I be stuck with a registered game I cant actually sync too?

From what I remember another person asking about this last year, that is your answer. Though @bluesun or @Miyr may know better.

Edit: @s|ush found the post I was thinking of:
I have very little resistance to the truth, I need to restart my white. but I have a pokemon in the dream world, and to top things off I might get a new global link code. meaning that I can't it back. not that much of a worry. but to register for tournaments. any help?

this please help me

I don't know what you're trying to ask for, but hopefully this will answer it.
Restarting a game will lock you out from your current PGL account and you'll need to make a new one. You'll still be able to access it but it will no longer be linked to a game so will be essentially useless.
Online tournaments you've registered for are part of PGL, so you'll be locked out of them too. Once you get a new GSID you can reregister though.
Official tournaments like the VGC shouldn't mind if you've restarted your White or not, so long as it's not got any hacks on it.

EDIT2: there is also this post that you might find helpful @s|ush

I may be late for this, but if you lose the game file you synched with your Global Link account, you can't keep your history, but you can still use the same account. Go to support.pokemon and open a question about it (the data you need to include is in one of the FAQs (I think it's called "my game file got accidentally erased" or something like that). Anyway, you submit that question and somebody in support deletes your GSID so you can use a new one. But, as I said, you basically start from scratch - just using the same account.

I don't mind this just that I can use the same Game Sync ID, Thank you :)

Just make sure that in your inquiry you include your pokemon.com username, DOB, and ..some other info that I can't remember right now :T

For more info on some relegated steps, see this post below:
Well, for starters, you should have included all of the info in the original question. The requirements are in the FAQ, although I still can't remember the name for the question. Anyway, if you have already submitted the question and obtained a response, you have to update it. To do that, you go to the support center, click My Support History (you may be redirected to pokemon.com to log in and redirected again to support.pokemon), and click on the number for your question.

Now, I'm supposing that the question will be marked "Solution Suggested". It may not be, since they're asking for more info, in which case, there will probably be a comment button somewhere on the page, just scroll down and look for it. Comment, Update, or anything that looks like it. If you let 7 days pass (as I did <.< with another issue, though), it will be marked as Closed and you'll have to open another question.

Anyway, if it is marked as a solution, you can Decline the solution, and in the comments box give them the info they want. You could also accept it, I suppose, but I haven't had the chance to do that, so it might automatically close the question.

Hope that helps you.

EDIT: Going back to a still open question of my own, I see that your question will probably be marked as "needs more info". Just scroll down until you find a button there among "Actions". Maybe "Provide Additional Info" or something of the sort. Just look around. And don't forget that Google is God, and we can pray to Google for guidance - that's how I found the support.pokemon page and the GSID solution in the first place.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom