• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

Can Belly Drum stack with Zen Mode? As in, if you use belly drum to max out Darmanitan's attack and "almost" activate Zen Mode (activates < half HP), will its Special Attack become maxed out instead?

No it won't. Belly Drum's effect is making your Pokémon's current Attack +6. There is no way of making it increase any other stat.

Re: Older Games: Simple Questions Thread

Actually, you can catch plenty of non-Hoenn pokemon in Ruby & Sapphire.
For example: Machop, Zubat, Golbat, Geodude, Graveler, Skarmory, Magikarp, Gyarados, Marill, Azumarrill, Pikachu, Oddish, Natu, Abra, Dodou, Wobbuffet, Girafarig, Goldeen, Psyduck, Pinsir, Rhyhorn, Heracross, Phanpy, Tentacool.
Those Pokemon are all in the Hoenn dex, though; Emerald allows many Johto Pokemon previously exclusive to that Altering Cave place to be caught in the Safari zone, and not one of them is registered in the Hoenn dex at all.

Just like how you can catch Pokemon foreign to your regional dex in DPPt and HGSS after the main quest is over. (And BW, too, but not one of the old Pokemon made it to that regional dex.)

No it won't. Belly Drum's effect is making your Pokémon's current Attack +6. There is no way of making it increase any other stat.

you sure?
Bulbapedia said:
Darmanitan with the ability Zen Mode have access to a second Form, when they have less than half of their health left. In this form, they turn blue and become more like a Daruma doll that's hard as a rock. They also gain Psychic as a secondary type. They experience an exchange in their Special Attack and Attack stats, their Defense and Special Defense almost double, and their Speed sharply drops. In "Zen Mode" they fight using their spiritual and emotional strength, but they're completely physically immobile. However, they can still use physical moves.

I was thinking along these lines; Belly Drum= +6 attack, THEN Zen Mode activates switching Attack with Special Attack giving Darmanitan +6 Special attack. Am I right?

you sure?

I was thinking along these lines; Belly Drum= +6 attack, THEN Zen Mode activates switching Attack with Special Attack giving Darmanitan +6 Special attack. Am I right?

Yes I am sure. Belly Drum is a stat boost like Swords Dance or Nasty Plot. It isn't part of its actual Attack stat.

Yes I am sure. Belly Drum is a stat boost like Swords Dance or Nasty Plot. It isn't part of its actual Attack stat.

Ok then, thanks for the help! and congrats on your impending 1,000th post :-D

Can someone please tell me the differences between IVs and EVs? Do they have to do with things like attack, sp. attack defence, et?

Can someone please tell me the differences between IVs and EVs? Do they have to do with things like attack, sp. attack defence, et?

EVs are essentially XP points for individual stats. IVs are smallish boosts to individual stats that vary for each individual Pokémon and cannot be changed.

What time is low tide in RS or pretty much when the tide goes out so you can acess the area with snorunt?

I'm starting my ruby game again but found my battery has died so I want to set the time to when the tide is low so I can still access snorunt.

If the battery is dead the time based events will no longer occur.

Yeah I know. However wouldn't it be stuck on a certain time permanently?

Since your forced to set the clock at the beginning of the game I thought maybe setting the time at the beginning of the game to be permanently stuck on a low tide would be best since as i said i'm starting the game again.

That's why I'm asking about what time the tides are.

Sorry if I wasn't clear the first time.

So, in B/W, star pieces and star dusts, can you exchange them for some stuff or should you just sell them to any market? Also, is there any list of what items the collectors will accept, more than things that can only be sold to collectors, or something like that?

So, in B/W, star pieces and star dusts, can you exchange them for some stuff or should you just sell them to any market? Also, is there any list of what items the collectors will accept, more than things that can only be sold to collectors, or something like that?
I don't think you can trade them for other stuff in BW.. However you can definitely sell them.. You can sell them in any market, but the price will usually be lower (I get half of the profit selling star piece to pokemart).. This is the list of items that the collectors will buy with the price..

I don't think you can trade them for other stuff in BW.. However you can definitely sell them.. You can sell them in any market, but the price will usually be lower (I get half of the profit selling star piece to pokemart).. This is the list of items that the collectors will buy with the price..

Thanks for answering! It was just a list like that I was looking for! Serebii have the best lists when it comes to things, too bad it's quite hard to find it on the page/navigating.

I don't think you can trade them for other stuff in BW..
Um. Personally I would trade in all my Star Pieces in exchange for PP Ups, but all the other items are pretty much worthless so I'd sell them instead.

Um. Personally I would trade in all my Star Pieces in exchange for PP Ups, but all the other items are pretty much worthless so I'd sell them instead.
(o_O ) I didn't know you can trade them for other items, where can I find the trader?

Red/Blue question.

The wiki says that a Moon Stone is hidden in the Pokemon Mansion, "Ground floor, in a pile of rubble on the west side of the foyer". Well I have checked every single pile of rubble in the entire floor, and the Itemfinder is being as of no help whatsoever. I just can't find it.

Where do you check IVs in SoulSilver? Do I have to get all 8 badges/beat elite four?

Where do you check IVs in SoulSilver? Do I have to get all 8 badges/beat elite four?

If by that you mean the man who tells you what your highest IV is, he's in the Battle Tower in the northeast corner. The Battle Frontier doesn't appear until after beating all 16 Gym Leaders, so yes, you need to beat the Elite Four and all the Gym Leaders first.

If you mean something else, then there is no other way in-game to check IVs.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom