• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

First move. The move at the bottom will be the last move out of those four to be deleted.

Thanks, that's good. Then I'm not risking losing pain split!

Hey there, so I want to try and beat the Battle Subway in White and get the extra Trainer Card upgrade.

As I've said before, I recently just got the hang of breeding for good IVs and I want to try out EV training because I'm fairly sure that there's no chance of beating the Battle Subway without them. (Correct me if I'm wrong on that.)
I recently yielded a Spiritomb with the following IVs just as a practice

HP 29
ATK 24
DEF 21
SpA 29
SpD 29
Spe 25

which I think is pretty good (Isn't it?) say if I planned to EV train it in HP, SpA and SpD?
My question is, what would be a good team to breed for to take on the Battle Subway? I'm kind of thinking about Hydreigon, but basically I need to get 4 Pokemon with good IVs. I have a living Dex, so finding Pokemon to breed from won't be a problem. Suggestions please?

I would suggest using Chandelure because of the huge sp.atk. Milotic is always great,I have one with a hindering nature but it still managed to solo a few battles at the subway. Hydreigon or Garchomp for the dragon and Galvantula,Electivire or Eelektross for the electric type. I've never used Spiritomb,but with the IV's yours has and a proper EV training it should work out great.

And I think that without any training only F.E.A.R. strategy would work on the subway at least until you encounter a ghost-type Pokemon.

Naughty is a good nature for a Leafeon right? I just evolved my DW female Eevee and plan to breed it, but I want to know if I chose the right Eeveelution for its nature. If it isnt I can simply soft reset the game and pick another.

Naughty is a good nature for a Leafeon right? I just evolved my DW female Eevee and plan to breed it, but I want to know if I chose the right Eeveelution for its nature. If it isnt I can simply soft reset the game and pick another.

if it has HP Fire you could use it on a sun team with that ability (to take out that grass/steel thing) but it's usually a physical attacker so Jolly/Adamant would probably be better - Naughty is perfectly usable but dropping SpD seems a waste if you're not using it as a mixed attacker

Yes, Leafeon's Sp.Def suck anyway, I would say Adamant or Jolly would be better, but I say your good to go.

I have this Adamant Beldum that I want to EV train, it got really good Attack IV (26-28) and Defense IV (30) and ok HP IV (22-24). So I want to ask, will it be better to EV train it in HP or Def? I shall only be used as a physical tank and generally not be taking special hits, so I only care about the Physical side. I have heard that it will be just as good at taking physical moves if I EV train in HP as it would be if I EV train in Def, is this true? Because if it is I might as well EV train it in HP so it will take Special moves somewhat better if it has to.

Also please don't suggest changing the Beldum, I am going to train this specific one, I only do casual playing and don't care too much of getting the very best Pokémon possible.
Bumping this because I want to finish training this guy soon.

Can pokemon with special ribbons go on random matchup?

question: what pokemon can you get before the goldenrod city gym that are very effective for it?

question: what pokemon can you get before the goldenrod city gym that are very effective for it?

You can trade a Drowzee to an NPC in the Goldenrod Department Store for a female Machop, which has a type advantage over Whitney and is immune to her Pokémon's charms.

I'm going to EV train a Petilil in Special Attack at the Celestial Tower. If I give it the Exp.Share and let my Hydreigon (with maxed out Sp.Attack EV's) defeat the wild Pokemon, will the Petilil still get 1 Sp.Attack EV after each battle?

So if the Pokemon with maxed out EV's won the battle, the Exp.Share holder will get them, right?

So if the Pokemon with maxed out EV's won the battle, the Exp.Share holder will get them, right?

the pokemon holding the Exp. share will receive the ev's even if the other pokemon has maxed out it's ev's

Edit: damn ninja'd

Ok, is it true that having two of the Power Items on the parents will be useless if I'm trying to pass on both IVs?
Say if I had a Pokemon with good a HP IV and a Pokemon with a good Atk IV and I gave the Power Weight and the Power Bracer to the corresponding Pokemon and bred them, will the chances of the Pokemon inheriting both be higher than usual? Or would it be JUST as useful only one of them was holding its Power Item?

I keep getting conflicting answers on this from different sites...

Ok, is it true that having two of the Power Items on the parents will be useless if I'm trying to pass on both IVs?
Say if I had a Pokemon with good a HP IV and a Pokemon with a good Atk IV and I gave the Power Weight and the Power Bracer to the corresponding Pokemon and bred them, will the chances of the Pokemon inheriting both be higher than usual? Or would it be JUST as useful only one of them was holding its Power Item?

I keep getting conflicting answers on this from different sites...
Only one of the IV will be inherit to the offspring if two power items are attached to both parents.. Means, only the Atk iv OR HP Iv will be pass down, unless you are lucky enough that the other 2 randomly selected that iv from that specific parent.. So you could actually say that it's pretty useless having two power items..

Hi everyone, I'm trying to access PGL for the first time but forgot my account info and am having trouble resetting my password. Any idea where i would find my player ID? Thanks.

Only one of the IV will be inherit to the offspring if two power items are attached to both parents.. Means, only the Atk iv OR HP Iv will be pass down, unless you are lucky enough that the other 2 randomly selected that iv from that specific parent.. So you could actually say that it's pretty useless having two power items..

Thank you, that makes sense...
That's a pretty frustrating limitation anyhow.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom