• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

Question:

The Embedded Tower Weather Trio (mainly Groudon/Kyogre) are they like the Shiny Beasts/Celebi where if you use them in one game to unlock ET Rayquaza, you can't take them to another copy of SS/HG to unlock the ET Rayquaza in that game? or was that limitation only introduced in B/W?

also..
If one where to have a hacked...let's say, ET Groudon, and bring both a legit ET Kyogre and the hacked ET Groudon to Prof. Oak, would it work in activating unlocking ET Rayquaza?
I know if you hack the Orbs themselves it will activate the event but the pokemon won't be there.
The Embedded Tower legends can be used more than once I believe, the Cown/Gamestop beasts and Celebi were the firt Pokemon Game freak put this restriction on I believe. Im not sure If hacked ones will work, thats better asked in the Dubious Disk Simple Questions thread.

When trying to check IVs of newly hatched Pokemon, is including the Pokemon on a Battle Subway team and checking its stats an effective substitute for a Lv. 50 wi-fi battle?

If you get auto-leveled to level 50, then yes. Btw, I recommend Pokécheck as well, best site I found in a long time. You simply deposit your Pokémon into the GTS (with DNS settings as the page shows), but it won't be offered for trade, but it will show up in the database on the page. You can check IVs, EVs, if it looks legit etc. Very useful site.

What are good natures for Rayquaza?

Depends on how you want to train it. Rayquaza have a high attack and sp.attack, quite low defense, sp.defense and speed. Since it have low defense and sp.defense, it's not good as a "tank". The speed reduce it for being perfect as a attacker/sp.attacker as well, but it have high stats in those, so I would definitely go for a speed boosting nature, either timid or jolly, because I don't like natures that lowers defense/sp.defense, and since Rayquaza already have low defense/sp.defense, I wouldn't lower it even more, but that might just be me.

HOWEVER, Rayquaza have a quite good move pool for being both a attacker and a sp.attacker, I would aim for either attack or sp.attack, not both. ExtremeSpeed is a priority move and pretty good for Rayquaza because of it's speed, so maybe I would aim for a ExtremeSpeed Rayquaza with an adamant nature.

As a sp.attacker I would go for a timid nature. Rayquaza learn a lot of powerful moves, and a few powerful STAB. Smogon
have a few suggestion on natures and movesets, it's gen IV though, and Smogon play by tiers, so it depends on how you gonna use the Rayquaza.

And there is my rather fast analyze of Rayquaza, hope it helped a bit at least.

Last edited:

If you get auto-leveled to level 50, then yes. Btw, I recommend Pokécheck as well, best site I found in a long time. You simply deposit your Pokémon into the GTS (with DNS settings as the page shows), but it won't be offered for trade, but it will show up in the database on the page. You can check IVs, EVs, if it looks legit etc. Very useful site.

Awesome, thank you ;D

I'm also wondering if IV breeding is even worth it. It seems incredibly tedious and difficult, relying too much on luck and the parents' IVs (I don't know, maybe I'm just a n00b). Would it be worth it for a Lv. 50 wi-fi tournament? And are there any good walkthroughs out there? I've Googled it and read a few, but none have managed to change my mind.

Last edited:

Awesome, thank you ;D

I'm also wondering if IV breeding is even worth it. It seems incredibly tedious and difficult, relying too much on luck and the parents' IVs (I don't know, maybe I'm just a n00b). Would it be worth it for a Lv. 50 wi-fi tournament? And are there any good walkthroughs out there? I've Googled it and read a few, but none have managed to change my mind.

Enjoy!

I've both breed and RNG IVs. RNG gives you perfect/desired IVs and it's VERY useful when aiming for a specific Hidden Power. I've done a few IV breeds too, because somehow, it's quite entertaining, but only if you looking for a "quite ok result". I know a few people that tries to breed flawless/near flawless Pokémon, but I wouldn't do that, it takes WAY to long time. When I'm breeding for IVs, I usually have a flawless (RNG'd) Ditto, it makes things A LOT easier, and I also only aim for 31 IVs in max three stat and the rest 20~.

So, with a flawless Ditto/parent, I would say IV breeding is worth it. But that might be just me, I love to breed. It all depends on what you like to do and feel.

I don't know anything about tournaments or what these people have for IVs on their Pokémons. But if they go for flawless, I suggest you should do it to, it gets pretty unfair other way. But of course, it must be quite fun beating an IV trained Pokémon with your decent once.

What kind of walkthrough are you looking for?

What is the base power of Kingdra's Hydro Pump in the rain?
Would it be:
<base power> + <base power>*<STAB> + <base power>*<water move in rain bonus> = 120 + 120*0.5 + 120*0.5 = 120 +60 + 60 = 240
-OR-
<base power>*<STAB mod>*<water move in rain mod> = 120*1.5*1.5 = 180*1.5 = 270
?

I suppose my question is one of multiple base power bonus fundamentals; are they additive or multiplicative?

What is the base power of Kingdra's Hydro Pump in the rain?
Would it be:
<base power> + <base power>*<STAB> + <base power>*<water move in rain bonus> = 120 + 120*0.5 + 120*0.5 = 120 +60 + 60 = 240
-OR-
<base power>*<STAB mod>*<water move in rain mod> = 120*1.5*1.5 = 180*1.5 = 270
?

I suppose my question is one of multiple base power bonus fundamentals; are they additive or multiplicative?

They're multiplicative. So it's 270.

Enjoy!

I've both breed and RNG IVs. RNG gives you perfect/desired IVs and it's VERY useful when aiming for a specific Hidden Power. I've done a few IV breeds too, because somehow, it's quite entertaining, but only if you looking for a "quite ok result". I know a few people that tries to breed flawless/near flawless Pokémon, but I wouldn't do that, it takes WAY to long time. When I'm breeding for IVs, I usually have a flawless (RNG'd) Ditto, it makes things A LOT easier, and I also only aim for 31 IVs in max three stat and the rest 20~.

So, with a flawless Ditto/parent, I would say IV breeding is worth it. But that might be just me, I love to breed. It all depends on what you like to do and feel.

I don't know anything about tournaments or what these people have for IVs on their Pokémons. But if they go for flawless, I suggest you should do it to, it gets pretty unfair other way. But of course, it must be quite fun beating an IV trained Pokémon with your decent once.

What kind of walkthrough are you looking for?

So, I read the guide on Smogon on the RNG exploitation, and I have to say, I'm sold. My main question, though, would be whether or not the guide and spread tables (which I assume are based on HG/SS) would apply to Gen V. If they do, I'm definitely on board, but if they don't, I'll stick to breeding (unless there is a guide/table that is specifically for Gen V, but I haven't been able to find one). I'm definitely not against it. I'd much rather spend time breeding than hack, but I don't mind a quick shortcut.

I guess I was looking for an IV breeding walkthrough/guide, but I think I know enough to manage. And if I don't, I'll just come back here XP

So, I read the guide on Smogon on the RNG exploitation, and I have to say, I'm sold. My main question, though, would be whether or not the guide and spread tables (which I assume are based on HG/SS) would apply to Gen V. If they do, I'm definitely on board, but if they don't, I'll stick to breeding (unless there is a guide/table that is specifically for Gen V, but I haven't been able to find one). I'm definitely not against it. I'd much rather spend time breeding than hack, but I don't mind a quick shortcut.

I guess I was looking for an IV breeding walkthrough/guide, but I think I know enough to manage. And if I don't, I'll just come back here XP

RNG for IVs in gen IV seem so hard, at least DPP. I've tired but I did not success, hah. I find RNGing for IVs (and shininess) so much easier in gen V than IV. I hate that delay stuff, but some are successful with it! And what do you mean with table? There is a very good breeding for IVs guide on Smogon.

Also, RNGing isn't hacking. It's rather a question of timing. These random generated numbers that creates a Pokémon, aren't so random after all, you can control them - with RNG.

Well, if you don't know enough, you can always read and learn, if you think it's worth it. :) And you can always ask for help either here or on Smogon or anywhere that seems suitable.

Pikachu in the dream world?

It says that there are Pikachu's in the dream world but I can't seem to find out where. If anyone could help me out that would be really appreciated! =D

Re: Pikachu in the dream world?

This would be better suited in the simple questions part.

I don't think it is available as of now though.

Re: Older Games: Simple Questions Thread

Question1;
Can a pokemon encountered through Sweet Scent be shiny?

Question2;
Do Trainer ID and SID change if you start a new game?

Last edited:
Re: Older Games: Simple Questions Thread
Question 1: yes. Odds are 1/8192.

Question 2: yes, your trainer ID and SID both change.

Thanks!

Question;
Are there any benefits from getting certain numbers of pokemon on your pokedex in Emerald?

Last edited by a moderator:
Should I evolve my shiny purrloin?

Sorry, I'm not sure where this should go here.

I caught a shiny purrloin and I really like its color and everything, but I don't like Pokemon not evolving... However, I'm not really sure if I should evolve it because I'm not sure if people would like the evolved form.

So, should I box it forever (or trade it later) or evolve it? I was already leveling my own Purrloin.

Re: Should I evolve my shiny purrloin?

Spr_5b_510_s.png

This is it's shiny version. I think you should evolve it.

Yes, and that way you'll be able to use it.

Ah, thanks guys! I'll evolve her, then.

I had no idea that's what a shiny evolved* one looked like. I'd kind of been avoiding looking up what the pokemon look like so Black and White would be new to me. I caught a glimpse of the color, though, and that's an awesome color.

Last edited:
Random Matchup Error

for some reason when i try to do the random matchup on my White it says there is a problem with your pokemon and they can not participate i think it's my excadrill cuz i tried to trade him on the GTS and it said this pokemon could not be offered (13267) i dont know why it's doing this my excadrill is legal i hatched him from an egg all his moves were either learned or from a TM can any one please help me?!?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom